MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Wa SHAN GLock 17

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Momocampo
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master

Number of posts : 389
Location / Country : France
Registration date : 2011-01-31

Wa SHAN GLock 17 Empty
PostSubject: Wa SHAN GLock 17   Wa SHAN GLock 17 Icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2011 4:58 pm

Hello all,

Another review today : The Glock 17 by Wa shan or Ha San Toys or FS or anything else...

This review has already do by others forum members but why not doing another one for differents points of view??

1 / The box :

Anyway, here what you receive :

Wa SHAN GLock 17 IMG_4252

Beautiful box isn't it???

Ok never mind, open it and this is what you can see :

Wa SHAN GLock 17 IMG_4251

2 / The Look :

Ok we have the full metal model gun (even the frame), 6 cartridges, a loading tool and a manual totaly, what is the word?? Useless...Yes useless because you have bads pictures and bads descriptions for the cartridges, the cartridges describe in the manual are not the same what you find in the box...

Ok take the model gun and yes this is really full metal, even the frame which is not on the real one.

Wa SHAN GLock 17 IMG_4255

Wa SHAN GLock 17 IMG_4254

Only the sights are not painted :

Wa SHAN GLock 17 IMG_4256

3 / Internals :

Now it's time to look at the internals parts..........OhhhhhHiiiiiiAhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!

Wa SHAN GLock 17 Icon_eek

Wa SHAN GLock 17 Icon_eek

Sorry but it is really impossible to remove the slide.The magazine is out, I push the trigger, ok. I push down the 2 parts on each side of the gun but really really really impossible to remove this fu... slide.

That the moment I choose to take my best ...Hammer! Yes not very sweet process.After some hammering, the slide at last goes out.

The result is that a piece of gun is gone Smile Look:

Wa SHAN GLock 17 IMG_4275

Wa SHAN GLock 17 IMG_4276

It doesn't matter, the model gun works like that and I can now remove the slide....

Ok I can show you the internals (Beware it's not japenese construction....):

Wa SHAN GLock 17 IMG_4257

Wa SHAN GLock 17 IMG_4258

Ok you can see it's a little bit ...rusty. Yes it's poor metal.

4 / Cartridges :

They are quite classic :

Wa SHAN GLock 17 IMG_4262

Wa SHAN GLock 17 IMG_4263

They look like Marushin center fire 9mm.

5 / Fire :

The cartridges are ready to fire, I put them in the mag and let's go:

- "pok","pok","pok","pok", Wa SHAN GLock 17 Icon_eek Sorry ?? Can you fire louder please???

You unsterstand, the cartridge is well ejected but nothing to hear: you have the video but no audio Smile

I have looking for a fix and I believed it's because the cartridge are poor (the cap is too tight). That 's why I have converted a KSC 9mm Luger cart. I have just remove 1.5 mm to ksc cart

2 KSC 9mm:

Wa SHAN GLock 17 IMG_4269

And the wa shan and the new ksc :

Wa SHAN GLock 17 IMG_4266

Wa SHAN GLock 17 IMG_4264

Well, I am now ready to try with a KSC cart. I must say this KSC cart works really great with my M93R(Very loud noise and eject in an other room Smile)

With the ksc it's just a little bit better but not really Wa SHAN GLock 17 Icon_cry. I think it's the design of the wa shan. Maybe the barrel is not enough open, or the slide is maybe too heavy, I don't know. That is sure it's not a good model gun....not spectacular at all, when you fire we seem to be deaf.

6 / To conclude :

It's easy to understand that I'm not very happy with this model gun. The full metal is here but I have to say I prefer a Heavy Weight plastic model gun which fires great (Like the KSC M93r) than a full metal which is useless.

To be honest, I say this model gun is a crap. It's my seventh model gun and it's the worst of all. When I see the price which I have paid, I cry.

Ok ,ok I am hard but I what is the use of a model gun which doesn't fire well??The look is not very beautiful too....

To conclude and I say it's my opinion, you would better avoid it.

Wa SHAN GLock 17 IMG_4253

Back to top Go down
smootik
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
smootik

Number of posts : 1823
Location / Country : Poland
Registration date : 2009-03-03

Wa SHAN GLock 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wa SHAN GLock 17   Wa SHAN GLock 17 Icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2011 6:26 pm

Thank you for yet another great review! :-)

I am intrigued by opening model with hammer - could you write some more details what the problem was?
Good to know that KSC cartridges can be fairly easily adapted for this model. I don't know why it is so quiet. I thought that this is due to Marushin cartridge design, as MGC (and KSC) is much louder, but your experiment shows it is not only cartridge.
Maybe all power has to go to moving heavy slide and not sound?
Back to top Go down
Momocampo
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master

Wa SHAN GLock 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wa SHAN GLock 17   Wa SHAN GLock 17 Icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2011 7:05 pm

Hi Smootik,

FOr the disassembly slide, I am going to take better photo to try to explain the problem.
FOr the sound, I have just do a try with NO recoil spring. The result is much better, not great but better.
In fact, the recoil spring is very very strong. We can ask why? But there is a reason :
- Do to the system of this glock (and maybe the tanaka too, I don't know) when the gun is ready to fire, the pin which hit the cart is "stretched". ANd when you pull the trigger, this part go to hit the cart and bang.
Ok. So this pin is really so "stretched" that the slide is pushed to backside. I don't know if you can understand what I try to explain.
To summarize, if you put a weak recoil spring, your slide will be like that before firing:
Wa SHAN GLock 17 IMG_4279
Wa SHAN GLock 17 IMG_4280

Not very nice...
Back to top Go down
smootik
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
smootik

Number of posts : 1823
Location / Country : Poland
Registration date : 2009-03-03

Wa SHAN GLock 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wa SHAN GLock 17   Wa SHAN GLock 17 Icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2011 12:23 am

Seems like not the best mechanical design. Maybe it is more difficult with metal model than plastic one, that's why so much problems?
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11073
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

Wa SHAN GLock 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wa SHAN GLock 17   Wa SHAN GLock 17 Icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2011 4:30 pm

Thanks for your review momocampo, it is really good to read different reviews of the same model. This gives more than one opinion and highlights things other reviews may have not mentioned.
It's an excellent review, well written with plent of clear photographs.
It's interesting to see that you're obviously dissapointed with this Glock. This is completely different to Spencerman's review https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net/t327-wa-shan-glock-17 who loved his. Claymore touches on some problems in the same thread but overall impressions are good.

I own a WaShan Beretta M9 Dolphin, full metal, and quite honestly is one of my favourite models. It's got good sound when firing MGC P220 cartridges, plenty of power to eject cartridges with force especially when firing in full automatic, it strips easily, so the contrast between my M9 and your Glock is surprising.
Comments have been made here that WaShan / HwaSan / YT Corp. (all the same manufacturer) have been producing models of poorer quality recently. Taiwanese legislation has also stopped them making models with metal barrels and firing blocks.

Did you buy your model new or is it an older model Question If it is new, perhaps build quality isn't as good as it previously was. Rusty internals would suggest an old model, or one that hasn't been cleaned well previously.

Having to use a hammer to remove the slide from the frame is frightening. It's a wonder the slide didn't get damaged even more than it has. Cast Zinc Alloy is brittle and breaks if stressed enough.
Spencerman's review explains that the Glock strips as the real one, he had no difficulties at all. (As you would expect from any model)
I suspect there is something very wrong with yours that needs fixing urgently before further damage happens.
Hopefully one of our Glock owning members can look at your photos and suggest a fix Question

WaShan/HwaSan instruction leaflets supplied with my M9 were copies of Marushin or MGC exploded diagrams. Cartridges and Detonator Pin details were nothing like those on the modelgun itself.

The cartridges supplied with yours do look similar to Marushin M9 Centre Fire type. The single 0-ring fitted to the "Primer / Firing Pin" may be another reason why sound and blowback was poor when you fired them. Later Marushin M9 carts have 2 0-rings around the Primer/Pin and a different washer that fits beneath the cap. It's thought that too much pressure bypasses the single 0-ring and escapes through the back of the cartridge rather than expands within the cartridge to push the cap creating blowback.
All Marushin cartridges use the cap as a piston and therefore the cap's sides must be lubricated to let it slide without too much friction.
If the cap sticks, blowback is weak, slide travel may not be long enough, ejection poor and sound poor also.

It's great to know KSC's 9mm Luger cartridge works well once shortened. These have been used in WaShan Beretta M9s also using the same method of shortening them.
Now that some cartridges are almost impossible to find, knowing of good alternatives is excellent.

I know how dissapointing it can be to spend a great deal of money on a modelgun only to find it's nowhere near as good as hoped for. I really hope a Glock owner can point you in the right direction so you can strip it, assemble it and fire it without having to use a hammer pale

Hobby collector of Replica model guns and Militaria.
also member of Living History Reenactment Groups.
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
jim
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
jim

Number of posts : 988
Location / Country : Hong Kong / Sydney, Australia
Registration date : 2008-09-07

Wa SHAN GLock 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wa SHAN GLock 17   Wa SHAN GLock 17 Icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2011 7:15 am

According to the cardboard box Momocampo got the older version - all post-2006 guns have the white warning sticker on the bottom left of the box...
Back to top Go down
Momocampo
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master

Wa SHAN GLock 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wa SHAN GLock 17   Wa SHAN GLock 17 Icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2011 7:32 am

Hello,

Cerwyn, you make me a "novel" !! Smile

Ok so I have a bad version, gooood i'm happy. I have written the conclude is my opinion and we know this kind of model gun can be very different between them.
Now, I have decided to buy a Tanaka glock. I hope it will be much better, it will be easy.....
Anyway, I believe the reason of my problem is the part which lock the slide (the part that we have to push down to remove the slide) is too big, it doesn't go down enough => the barrel is locked and it was impossible to remove the slide without help of my favorite hammer Smile
Now, with oil and a little bit sanding, the slide goes out easily but try to imagine me trying to remove the slide .....

So yes I am disappointed about this model gun but there is a lot of others Smile

Tanaka glock !!! Wait for meeeeeeeee!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Wa SHAN GLock 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wa SHAN GLock 17   Wa SHAN GLock 17 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wa SHAN GLock 17
Page 1 of 1