MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

how often ?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

Number of posts : 2555
Location / Country : UK
Registration date : 2008-08-06

how often ? Empty
PostSubject: how often ?   how often ? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 12:31 pm

***Originally posted by matt21 ***

How often do new modelguns come out . I would like to see alot of guns made but....i think guns with come out at a slow rate do any of the modelguns companys have there own websight ? sorry i am a neb just have to ask
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

how often ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: how often ?   how often ? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 12:32 pm

***Originally posted by gmanuk ***

Hi mate hudson have there own website but you will have to ask mark bout that. MGC seem to bring out guns more offen than other companys but at present all seem to be different variants of the 1911. hope this helps chap

Also what sort of guns would you like to see in model gun form?
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

how often ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: how often ?   how often ? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 12:33 pm

mmm maybe sniper rifles would be kool more modren guns as u would say p99 glock 20's some of the mp5's seris and g3 seris sig552 famas mp5k p90 g36 umg aug l85.
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

how often ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: how often ?   how often ? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 12:35 pm

Yeah that what i figured i dont know thats kinda a downer but hey the guns out right now are good. Its just we need MOREEEEE lol well i do
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

how often ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: how often ?   how often ? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 12:36 pm

***Originally posted by mark ***

The interesting point is is that any of the modelgun manufacturers can release new models at any time of any firearm they want. I think that it has more to do with the modelgun market in general, as if the newest versions that MGC etc. don't sell well even with low production runs well, then the manufacturers feel that either the market is bad for modelguns or the modelguns that they released where unpopular and didn't sell well.

The trouble is that when the modelguns don't sell well for the given company, they often feel that the modelgun market is too small to release new modelguns and they resort to reworking their old model molds etc. to make variants of popular modelguns like the 1911's that always seem to sell well and attract even the airsofters.

Making new molds and dies (for pressing/stamping small steel parts) to manufacture new modelguns is a very expensive and time consuming effort. The molds often cost as much or more than $100,000 U.S to make not to mention all of the engineering time that costs as much money as the molds/dies!

MGC was brought back by a small groupe of dedicated people that liked modelguns and it remains under the control of a larger company Taito. Taito controls the money aspect and MGC makes the guns. MGC had the possibility of making a MP5 modelgun in 1985 but they tried to break into the then fairly new airsoft market, and so they produced the airsoft MP5K instead.....And by 1994, they were bankrupt....

Now, i think that the "new" MGC management realised that they know the modelgun field better than they know the airsoft market so, they aren't seemingly going for the airsoft market again..Guy's the only way to have the manufacturers produce any totally new modelguns is to buy all of the modelguns that we can and ask for new modelguns from our suppliers.

You may ask, why buy all of the modelguns that we can? Well, it:

1. stimulates the "slow"(in Japan) modelgun market

2. increases the intrest in producing new un-released modelgun versions.

The current buying spree that has made producing the MGC reproduction series of 1911's profitable is being driven mostly by the export market at this point as Japan and the rest of Asia is still trying to recover from the market crash of what, 2002?

Modelguns may appear inexpensive to us outside of Japan, however, they are very expensive in Japan and, i am sure that most Japanese that want to buy a "gun" will buy an airsoft that "shoots" over a modelgun that costs as much or more that only fires caps...

Remember that the manufacturers of modelguns produce modelgun versions for short production runs and put the molds etc. away for long periods of time. Whether this is done for economic reasons or not isn't clear. But, it does say that it keeps the modelgun market from being saturated by un-sold modelguns.This practice also keeps the prices up as the true collectors snap up as many of these limited modelguns as they can "to get one" before they are gone.

Often, the export market breaks this manufacture circle by the increased demand like the MP40 kits that Marushin manufacturers. The "German" re-enactment movement in the U.S. U.K. and in Europe drove the market (and still does) for MP40 replicas and as the MGC MP40's where long out of production, (and the other metal MP40's too) The Marushin MP40 was choosen as a OK replacement. This of course, posed a problem for Marushin as suddenly, the demand for MP40 kits etc. exploded! So, they went into overtime producing MP40's to meet the new demand. The same basic export market has driven the Marushin XM 177E2 kit's also as they where extremely hard to find for a long time but they aren't now...

The sad thing is, when the newest "crime prevention" legislation is made law in the U.K. the export market will decrease considerably and the demand for modelguns will lessen as Britain is one of the largest modelgun markets outside of Japan. This modelgun market collapse has happened before in 1987, when the import of modelgun and firearms replicas into the U.S. was regulated and imports of modelguns into the U.S. dropped to only a few per year. This still is happening today as many people have no clue how to import modelguns plus, the few people that know how to import them into the U.S. ask far too much for them and the market suffers from the high costs.

The interesting thing is that our laws in the U.S. on firearms replicas (modelguns etc. anything that looks like a gun in the U.S.) where meant to control criminal use of the replicas!!! Thankfully, the anti-gunner's didn't get all of their wishes. However, modelgun collectors were forced to accept the stupid orange muzzle markings and the lack of registered trademarks (Colt,Smith&Wesson etc.) on modelguns and other replica guns.
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

how often ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: how often ?   how often ? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 12:36 pm

i couldnt say it any better mark that what i firugred that the cost of everything and modelguns isnt big intill they see people buy lots of products to make a new gun . ITS SADDD
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

how often ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: how often ?   how often ? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 12:37 pm

Yes, the situation is sad but, the modelgun market is healthy enough to support totally new modelguns like the CAW MP18 and the new M1 Garand and the AK special edition from Hudson. I would really like a new MP5 etc. from MGC but, only time will tell.
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

how often ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: how often ?   how often ? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 12:38 pm

Same here mp5's would be nice.
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

how often ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: how often ?   how often ? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 12:38 pm

Ya know that the MP5 would sell really nicely too and that's what surprises me about the manufacturers, they could easily recoup their investment in a MP5 modelgun if they just made one version.
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

how often ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: how often ?   how often ? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 12:39 pm

***Originally posted by claymore ***

I try to use one of my guns at least once during the month, but one mag is not enough for me so i have to have a very free day to have time to load, fire and clean, especially if its the chicago thompson.
I do take the guns out to admire them but its hard to not fire them when i do.

Yep it's a pity they dont bring out a more modern gun as i would of thought something along the lines of an MP5 would sell like hot cakes but i am suprised and very pleased that there have been so many new releases in the past few month's. when i startd collecting modelguns i thought that second hand would all i would be able to buy but i have been able to get a lot of brand new guns instead. Berreta's and 45 they may be but i have a feeling that slowly they will release a number of the older models which is at least a good thing for spares and rounds.

Trouble is if the made a new uzi it would have to be in plastic but i could put up with that.
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

how often ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: how often ?   how often ? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 12:39 pm

Quote :
Trouble is if the made a new uzi it would have to be in plastic but i could put up with that.

Well. if the Uzi was manufactured by any manufacturer other than Marushin there might be a slight chance that they might switch to ABS or HW plastic for cost reasons. However, Marushin, like Hudson, prides themselves on producing metal modelguns where possible.

Claymore, Have you tried to load all of your available cartridges at one sitting and placed them in cartridge boxes for later use?
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

how often ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: how often ?   how often ? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 12:40 pm

Yes i do from time to time especially the chicago, but i always fire at least 3 drums full with the chicago, what i need is a modelgun re-loading press.
The 45's are OK as 7 rounds doesn't take long but 15 and up takes time.

I thought that metal models could only be made now if the barrel could not detach, but the uzi will detach so would that not stop it being produced in metal.
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

how often ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: how often ?   how often ? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 12:44 pm

Claymore,

The barrel on the Marushin Uzi doesn't actually remove as the main part of the barrel is cast into the receiver. That's how marushin and others "get away with it" The Marushin Uzi has been manufactured since the 1972 "Swords/Firearms" law was past in Japan so, they are very legal to produce. However, i am not really sure just why Marushin hasn't reproduced them to this point.

Yes, i wish that there was a reloading press for modelgun cartridges! Could you imagine how complicated it would be though? The simplest method is to have over 1000 rds of the Thompson cartridges! ( i can't say that my idea is cheap though! ) and two or three drums!
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

how often ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: how often ?   how often ? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 12:47 pm

Ah!! i thought the barrel that unscrews would be the part that would stop it being made again, well thats good news you never know.
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

how often ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: how often ?   how often ? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 12:48 pm

If the barrel was either a solid metal or an "open" metal barrel that was removeable from the receiver, then, the metal version could not be produced by Japanese law. Most of the metal pistols,revolvers and submachineguns that where made before 1972 where banned or modified to fit into the current law by making the barrels non-removable or making the whole modelgun out of plastic...

Marushin will get around to making the Uzi again....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

how often ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: how often ?   how often ? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

how often ?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
MP40's Modelguns Forum :: Modelgun General Discussion-
Jump to: