MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

PFC CAPS NOW AVAILABLE IN THE UK !!

Go down 
+4
ljerr2
smootik
Browning
JohnnyV
8 posters
AuthorMessage
JohnnyV
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
JohnnyV

Number of posts : 552
Location / Country : Cambridgeshire UK
Registration date : 2009-08-24

PFC CAPS NOW AVAILABLE IN THE UK !! Empty
PostSubject: PFC CAPS NOW AVAILABLE IN THE UK !!   PFC CAPS NOW AVAILABLE IN THE UK !! Icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2011 10:28 pm

OK I try not to use the forum for anything other than enjoying modelguns, but in this rare instance and because of the "problems" with cap supply recently for everyone I am making this anouncment:

At PlugFirecapGunsUK we have just received a very large delivery of boxes of PFC caps from Japan

The shipment was flown here as dangerous goods, fully declared as modelgun caps, all Japanese and UK laws respected, all Japanese and UK Taxes paid, fully inspected by Japan and UK customs.
It has taken a LOT of work and time to work out how to do this, and yes the £ price doing it the "correct" way is higher. As you know £7.00 here in the UK has been the standard price for some years (please note we sold them at £5,00 during this time, we want people to enjoy firing their models as cheaply as possible). The costs involved of playing by the book and importing dangerous goods means we will, for now be charging £7.50 a box in the UK, but at least people can now get caps here, and in rest of world from us. This I hope will be good news for you all, people will still be able to buy models and know there is a regular supply of caps available. We can ship any number of caps at anytime if there is the demand, also it is safe for the future supply.

Our website will be updated over the next few days with the types available, but basically we will be selling the "Flamecap" brand that has not been around for a while as the spark/flash cap version, and the "MG cap" for non spark version.
Can I also take this chance to thank all those who have supported us over the last 2 years.
Best wishes
JohnnyV
Back to top Go down
Browning
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast

Number of posts : 118
Location / Country : Cambs, UK
Registration date : 2009-03-12

PostSubject: Re: PFC CAPS NOW AVAILABLE IN THE UK !!   PFC CAPS NOW AVAILABLE IN THE UK !! Icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2011 10:36 pm

Good news John! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
smootik
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
smootik

Number of posts : 1823
Location / Country : Poland
Registration date : 2009-03-03

PostSubject: Re: PFC CAPS NOW AVAILABLE IN THE UK !!   PFC CAPS NOW AVAILABLE IN THE UK !! Icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2011 10:58 pm

Great news John!

I should probably claim that keeping fingers crossed did this trick, but it might be a tiny bit of understatement for the amount of work that had to be done by you ;-)
Back to top Go down
ljerr2
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist

Number of posts : 571
Location / Country : Iowa, USA
Registration date : 2008-11-26

PostSubject: Re: PFC CAPS NOW AVAILABLE IN THE UK !!   PFC CAPS NOW AVAILABLE IN THE UK !! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 08, 2011 3:05 am

Great Job John!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Momocampo
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master

Number of posts : 389
Location / Country : France
Registration date : 2011-01-31

PostSubject: Re: PFC CAPS NOW AVAILABLE IN THE UK !!   PFC CAPS NOW AVAILABLE IN THE UK !! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 08, 2011 9:33 am

Yeeeesssss!!!!
Well done John !!

This is great news!!

You will have news from me very soon John Smile

Wink

cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
shazhib
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
shazhib

Number of posts : 323
Location / Country : Tokyo, Japan
Registration date : 2008-09-07

PostSubject: Re: PFC CAPS NOW AVAILABLE IN THE UK !!   PFC CAPS NOW AVAILABLE IN THE UK !! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 08, 2011 1:45 pm

Jonny V,

That sounds a great new for those collectors outside Japan.
I am not intend to hi-jack your thread, but let me take this opportunity to explain what is going on as to the shipping out of caps as I still been asked if I can post out the caps via regular post.

I was able to send the caps via post office (EMS, small air parcel or boat) as a regular personal mail. However, recent terror attack or other incident, content of parcel getting really questioned. Even intra-Japan, I need to code specific items on a shipping label, rather than general terms of "stationery" or "cloth", but "pencil", "T shirt" kind. I frequently asked at an post office if there any buttery, gas can, alcohol or other banned items inside which was not the case couple years before.

And maybe last past half year, Central Dispatchment Office (under control of Minister of land and transportation) does intense x-ray check of the packages/carge going out of the country. If something been found, CDO gives back the package to Post Office and Post to individual sender. Maybe 3 or 4 packs I sent (caps) was detected by x-ray and shipped back to me. And the last time, the pack I sent was detected and shipped back to Post Office, they refused to pay back the shipping cost to me since I made false statement of not containing any dangerous items, they told me if I do the same thing next time, they may refuse to accept my package. Also, CDO monitors those who constantly try to send dangerous items bypassing proper procedure.

Well, that is the end of story for me to ship the caps with regular EMS, or small air parcel.

As far as I know, the cap needs to be handled and packed & labeled by lincensed agent, need proper documentation like real "import/export" shipment. I am sure Johnny V paid considerable amount just for shipping, handling and clearing fee.

Anyways, the caps are now back, people can fire again.

Regards,
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11073
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

PostSubject: Re: PFC CAPS NOW AVAILABLE IN THE UK !!   PFC CAPS NOW AVAILABLE IN THE UK !! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 08, 2011 3:35 pm

Fantastic news, Well Done John cheers

I know how much time and effort you've put into setting up this supply chain, to say you've done well is an understatement Exclamation

This is a huge relief for all of us, not just in the UK, but Worldwide too if you can ship anywhere Very Happy
Congrats John, you're hard work paid off Wink

Hobby collector of Replica model guns and Militaria.
also member of Living History Reenactment Groups.
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
jim
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
jim

Number of posts : 988
Location / Country : Hong Kong / Sydney, Australia
Registration date : 2008-09-07

PostSubject: Re: PFC CAPS NOW AVAILABLE IN THE UK !!   PFC CAPS NOW AVAILABLE IN THE UK !! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 08, 2011 5:11 pm

shazhib wrote:

...maybe 3 or 4 packs I sent (caps) was detected by x-ray and shipped back to me. And the last time, the pack I sent was detected and shipped back to Post Office, they refused to pay back the shipping cost to me since I made false statement of not containing any dangerous items, they told me if I do the same thing next time, they may refuse to accept my package. Also, CDO monitors those who constantly try to send dangerous items bypassing proper procedure.

Maybe not just the X-ray but with sniffer dogs as well...

How can they judge if there are caps inside the package - by the looks of it? If that's the case then maybe try to mix the caps with something like Tamiya model kits Wink (but then this might be illegal as well and the caps might get dampened easily so better forget it)...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PFC CAPS NOW AVAILABLE IN THE UK !!   PFC CAPS NOW AVAILABLE IN THE UK !! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

PFC CAPS NOW AVAILABLE IN THE UK !!
Page 1 of 1