MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kokusai S&W M19 Zinc

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11075
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

Kokusai S&W M19 Zinc Empty
PostSubject: Kokusai S&W M19 Zinc   Kokusai S&W M19 Zinc Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 2:37 pm

Post by shazhib

OK, zinc metal version of Kokusai S&W M19.

This is a 4th(?) generation of Kokusai metal. Let me explain little bit about the generation.

1st
As in my review of M19 HW, early stage of Kokusai revolver series. It looks ok, but little bit toy-ish. The point I did not like was, a stroke of double action was very narrow, it really turned me off when I have one back in late 70's. This generation of metal model come with black plastic grips.

2nd
After Kokusai re-newed whole revolver line. Good share with good action. Plating was brass, easy to come off when you polish with metal polisher.

3rd
Plating changed to more gold and stronger one, you cannot polish off easily as much as you can do with 2nd. This generation has very short production period I heard.

4th
Current one. Very shiny gold, need compound or other polisher with rough partical in it. One notable thing is, all the parting line has gone. This generation later had small update of having "small insert" cylinder.

Kokusai S&W M19 Zinc P1010028-1

Again, the photo with wooden grip for real gun. I am not big fan of checkered grip from my own experience shooting 357 magnum with M19 6 inches (real gun) back in early 90's. It bit my palm.

Other side of view. You will notice S&W like Kokusai marking on side plate is now gone.
Kokusai S&W M19 Zinc P1010031

I know lot of people don't like this shiny surface, but few good view like this. Currently, the rounds are Kokusai authentic, but considering to buy Mulberry's dummy rounds. As this model having "small cylinder insert", can load 38 special.

Kokusai S&W M19 Zinc P1010033

The small insert view from front.
Kokusai S&W M19 Zinc P1010035

Close up of left side
Kokusai S&W M19 Zinc P1010038

Pointing view
Kokusai S&W M19 Zinc P1010040

I found metal model has more solid feeling (of course it is metal and heavey)
Kokusai S&W M19 Zinc P1010043

I think those metal model from Kokusai having almost the same weight with that of real gun. I like to hold metal models in a holster for real guns.

Let me know if you have any specific area want me to upload.

Thanks,
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11075
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

Kokusai S&W M19 Zinc Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kokusai S&W M19 Zinc   Kokusai S&W M19 Zinc Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 2:38 pm

Post by jim

Before the release of the new HW revolvers I bought a metal M10 4" std barrel - without mentioning the gold surface, but after I opened the cylinder and then clicked it back I feel like playing with a die-cast toy (nothing negative - it's hard to describe the feeling but it's just quite different to real steel). I think those who'd handled real revolvers before gets what I mean... Kokusai S&W M19 Zinc Icon_confused

Before I fired my real M10 snubby (back in those days) I swapped the original checkered grips with Hogue's Rubber Grips and it absorbed some of the recoil...that's partly why the revolver makers now prefer rubber grips over the wood (environmental issue is another)...anyway, these pics does make these metal revolvers look much better Kokusai S&W M19 Zinc Icon_biggrin

Now I realised it lacks the "K&S" logo - this makes the gun missing something isn't it?
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net

Kokusai S&W M19 Zinc
Page 1 of 1