MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Just Ordered!!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Tattoojew

Number of posts : 43
Location / Country : Hawaii, USA
Registration date : 2011-10-07

Just Ordered!! Empty
PostSubject: Just Ordered!!   Just Ordered!! Icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 5:57 am

Just ordered the Tanio Koba GM-7 Tactical Short model. It just came out at the beginning of November!

Lucky for me, my girlfriend is Japanese and has a friend there to ship it to so she then can ship it to me in the States!

Cant wait to get this one!! My girlfriend told me from reading, that there were only 100 made, not sure if thats true, but I did read that he makes certian productions in limited numbers.
Back to top Go down
smootik
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
smootik

Number of posts : 1823
Location / Country : Poland
Registration date : 2009-03-03

Just Ordered!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Ordered!!   Just Ordered!! Icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 6:57 am

These are probably the most reliable modelguns when it comes to firing, you should be happy without much troubleshooting :-) Limited series too, they are only made in short batches. Depending on model it is up to a few hundred.
Back to top Go down
Tattoojew

Just Ordered!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Ordered!!   Just Ordered!! Icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 7:16 am

Thats what I hear...they are very reliable! Im glad I got my other model working proprly now, with the execption of a few jams from trying to fire too quickly...double tap method...lol!

But I am hoping the first impression of this model will be a good one. How do these aluminum open carts work?
Back to top Go down
smootik
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
smootik

Just Ordered!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Ordered!!   Just Ordered!! Icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 7:47 am

TK cartidges are originally plastic. They work in the simplest way - just a shell and a cap inside, facing a detonator pin in the barrel. O-ring is on the detonator pin instead of piston/o-ring combination in the cartridge.
Check this review:
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net/t2960-tanio-koba-gm7-colt-1911-hw

Aluminum cartridges are an after-market conversion done by BWC company, I don't think you find them standard in TK models.
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11075
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

Just Ordered!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Ordered!!   Just Ordered!! Icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 5:47 pm

I can vouch for the Tanio Koba GM-7 Colt modelgun too having bought one recently. It's proven to be very, very good for firing. Keep the slide rails lubricated with a few drops of silcone oil for smooth operation.

The standard plastic cartridges work great, they're inexpensive, easy to load and clean. Keep the 0-ring on the Detonator Pin clean and very lightly lubed with silicone oil to prevent cartridges sticking to it. Only use MG 7mm caps, don't use Marushin or RealFlame caps because they have metallic particles in the charge which will damage the 0-ring

As smootik says, the Alumnium cartridges are aftermarket parts. There's an upgraded extractor too which may be required if firing them.

You'llenjoy your new model, Guaranteed Very Happy

Hobby collector of Replica model guns and Militaria.
also member of Living History Reenactment Groups.
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
smootik
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
smootik

Just Ordered!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Ordered!!   Just Ordered!! Icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 7:07 pm

Cerwyn wrote:
As smootik says, the Alumnium cartridges are aftermarket parts. There's an upgraded extractor too which may be required if firing them.
There is a whole frame insert that needs (?) replacing:
http://www.bwc-bluingworks.com/Product/custom-parts/chassis_set/chassis_set.html
Back to top Go down
Tattoojew

Just Ordered!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Ordered!!   Just Ordered!! Icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2011 3:09 am

Actually, this model comes with the aluminum carts, so I guess the frame, and extractor are already upgraded...I had to find one that came with this stuff...all other sites I looked at had the gun solo.
Back to top Go down
smootik
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
smootik

Just Ordered!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Ordered!!   Just Ordered!! Icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2011 4:02 am

Tanio Koba sells cartridges separately from model itself, as they are plentiful and cheap. That's probably why you weren't able to find a set with cartridges.

I am still not 100% sure if frame part and extractor are required, or just recommended:
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net/t3030-tanio-koba-gm-7-metal-cartridges
Back to top Go down
Tattoojew

Just Ordered!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Ordered!!   Just Ordered!! Icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2011 5:00 am

The one I ordered was a set...it stated the carts came with it and that was confirmed with an email my girlfriend sent to the company...and they said that I could order extra if needed. So we'll see...I think Im addicted now...if this model turns out ok...lol!
Back to top Go down
shazhib
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
shazhib

Number of posts : 323
Location / Country : Tokyo, Japan
Registration date : 2008-09-07

Just Ordered!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Ordered!!   Just Ordered!! Icon_minitimeSat Nov 12, 2011 3:32 am

Tattoojew,

I used to own TK GM-7, this is certainly one of best model for firing.

As to the metal rounds, it is not original rounds cames with a gun.
If you want to use those metal rounds, you need to replace an inner chassis with steel ejector.
It seems you have contact to get those, but if you need any help, drop me a mail anytime.

S

P.S. yes, it is 100 limited model.
Back to top Go down
Tattoojew

Just Ordered!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Ordered!!   Just Ordered!! Icon_minitimeSat Nov 12, 2011 5:21 am

Well if this particular modelgun is coming with these aluminum carts, wouldnt all that be upgraded already?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Just Ordered!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Ordered!!   Just Ordered!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Just Ordered!!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
MP40's Modelguns Forum :: Modelgun General Discussion-
Jump to: