MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kokusai Colt Python 4 inch Metal gold finish - becomes Silver

Go down 
+7
pitfighter
luchs
Cerwyn
kiwigunner
smootik
claymore
Momocampo
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
smootik
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
smootik

Number of posts : 1823
Location / Country : Poland
Registration date : 2009-03-03

Kokusai Colt Python 4 inch Metal gold finish - becomes Silver  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kokusai Colt Python 4 inch Metal gold finish - becomes Silver    Kokusai Colt Python 4 inch Metal gold finish - becomes Silver  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 5:50 pm

Pydracor wrote:

Now for the main difference: The cartridges. What the hell?!
Mine look totally different and disappointingly quite a bit worse than yours. The system differs greatly, I can't even unscrew the top on mine. The inner rod can be pushed forward. Looks like the cap goes into the front.
These are older "open" style cartridges for non-blowback applications. They similar construction as in old paper-cap modelguns, where you put cap/paper into the hole, and a detonator pin in the barrel/cylinder will detonate for effects - but not blowback.

As for me - I prefer these, they are simpler and more reliable :-)

Check out differences on these pictures:
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net/t2280-guide-to-cartridge-types
Back to top Go down
Momocampo
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master

Number of posts : 389
Location / Country : France
Registration date : 2011-01-31

PostSubject: Re: Kokusai Colt Python 4 inch Metal gold finish - becomes Silver    Kokusai Colt Python 4 inch Metal gold finish - becomes Silver  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 7:06 pm

Hi,

More I think about, more I almost sure you can change your cylinder by another one like mine. Francky sell Kokusai metal python cylinder.
Tell me what is the length of your cylinder and I will check mine. It's it's the same lenght, I think you can do it.
Another thing, don't wait for sand it Smile , tell me if you want help.

cheers.

Wink
Back to top Go down
Pydracor
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast

Number of posts : 169
Location / Country : Germany
Registration date : 2008-09-10

PostSubject: Re: Kokusai Colt Python 4 inch Metal gold finish - becomes Silver    Kokusai Colt Python 4 inch Metal gold finish - becomes Silver  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 8:31 pm

Thanks a lot for all the info guys! Smile

So, Cerwyn, it really isn't steel? Thought as much Very Happy Probably would be even heavier if it was.
Yes, the chambers all have a det pin at the front. That's another difference between Momocampo's and mine: The chambers in my cylinder all have something like a "fake bullet tip" (or well, maybe not, it doesn't look convincing in the least Wink) in the front, which hides the detonator pin, his doesn't.
Also thanks for the explanation on how the cartridges work!

Great, smootik, thank you for the link and of course for all the work you have invested in that cartridge guide! Very informative!
Nice to hear that these are more reliable, but well, I hardly ever fire my modelguns Smile

Ah well, I wouldn't "cry", Momocampo, I was just confused Wink It still is a very nice modelgun with a realistic feel thanks to the rigid construction and the heavy weight.
I'm not sure if I'd go through the trouble of importing a new cylinder with cartridges and trying to explain to customs, what exactly this is Wink I'm a bit paranoid in this regard.
So I will probably just leave the cylinder as it is and live with the "uglier" cartridges.

I don't have precision tools here, but I'll do my best:
The cylinder on mine is 39 mm long, the cartridge is 29,5 mm long.
This is extremely short compared to deactivated real .357 ammunition I have here: Including the projectile they are 40 mm long.
The diameter is correct though.

Will try to find the time to sand it as soon as possible, that gold really is a no-go Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Momocampo
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master

PostSubject: Re: Kokusai Colt Python 4 inch Metal gold finish - becomes Silver    Kokusai Colt Python 4 inch Metal gold finish - becomes Silver  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 9:43 am

Hi Pydracor,

Ok happy to see you're happy Wink
Anyway, I will see the length of my cylinder. About carts, Kokusai made 2 kind of carts(for Python), first for ABS python and the second for Steel Python( In fact, it's not steel, it's a call Zamac or Zinc alloy : it's a mix between different things).
The Python ABS' carts are longer than the Python's metal ones. I speak about that in a post before. So, the carts for Python metal are really not very "real", very short.

Ok, if my cylinder has the same length than yours, I think you must try to order a new one with carts ! Except if German customs are special, you will not have any problem. Order your items with airmail shipping and you will have no problem. The price for a cylinder is about 60 euros.

see you Wink

Back to top Go down
Momocampo
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master

PostSubject: Re: Kokusai Colt Python 4 inch Metal gold finish - becomes Silver    Kokusai Colt Python 4 inch Metal gold finish - becomes Silver  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 12:22 pm

Hello,

So, my cilinder is the same like you Pydracor, 39mm. I think you can try to order another one with 6 carts.
Now, it's up to you Wink

bye

Wink
Back to top Go down
cosmitron
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast
cosmitron

Number of posts : 175
Location / Country : Germany
Registration date : 2013-08-30

PostSubject: Re: Kokusai Colt Python 4 inch Metal gold finish - becomes Silver    Kokusai Colt Python 4 inch Metal gold finish - becomes Silver  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 06, 2013 10:11 pm

Momocampo wrote:
Hello,

So, my cilinder is the same like you Pydracor, 39mm. I think you can try to order another one with 6 carts.
Now, it's up to you Wink

bye

Wink
Where do you get these Cylinders?
Back to top Go down
Fredo

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2017-03-23

PostSubject: Re: Kokusai Colt Python 4 inch Metal gold finish - becomes Silver    Kokusai Colt Python 4 inch Metal gold finish - becomes Silver  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 23, 2017 5:00 pm

Bonjour Momocampo.

Je viens d'acheter ce même modèle je pense et je vais pratiquer la même intervention que toi mais je me disais : as-tu essayé d'enlever le revêtement Gold avec de l'"Acétone" ?

Ca peut marcher et sans passer les éponges de polissage 3M !!!

Fred
Back to top Go down
Momocampo
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master

PostSubject: Re: Kokusai Colt Python 4 inch Metal gold finish - becomes Silver    Kokusai Colt Python 4 inch Metal gold finish - becomes Silver  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 23, 2017 5:08 pm

Fredo wrote:
Bonjour Momocampo.

Je viens d'acheter ce même modèle je pense et je vais pratiquer la même intervention que toi mais je me disais : as-tu essayé d'enlever le revêtement Gold avec de l'"Acétone" ?

Fred

salut à toi,

Avec les éponges cela fonctionne mais je trouve que c'est un peu agressif. J'en ai fait d'autres avec une pate à polir qui est vraiment pas mal et qui s'appelle Autosol metal polish. Elle est moins agressive et tu auras moins de micro rayures une fois ton model gun poli. Tu peux la trouver ici par exemple :
http://www.ebay.fr/itm/Pate-a-polir-Chrome-Autosol-Metal-Polish-75-ml-AUTOSOL-/122367474835?hash=item1c7dab7c93:g:vRkAAOSw3v5YrXZn

Inutile de te dire qu'il faut démonter entièrement ta réplique pour faire un boulot correct Smile

Bon courage Wink
Back to top Go down
Fredo

PostSubject: Re: Kokusai Colt Python 4 inch Metal gold finish - becomes Silver    Kokusai Colt Python 4 inch Metal gold finish - becomes Silver  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 25, 2017 2:56 pm

Momocampo wrote:
Fredo wrote:
Bonjour Momocampo.

Fred

salut à toi,

Avec les éponges cela fonctionne mais je trouve que c'est un peu agressif. J'en ai fait d'autres avec une pate à polir qui est vraiment pas mal et qui s'appelle Autosol metal polish. Elle est moins agressive et tu auras moins de micro rayures une fois ton model gun poli. Tu peux la trouver ici par exemple :

Inutile de te dire qu'il faut démonter entièrement ta réplique pour faire un boulot correct Smile

Bon courage Wink

Hello Momocampo.

Je t'avais envoyé une réponse qui apparemment n'est pas passée !!

Bref, je te disais que oui, je voudrais éviter les éponges 3M certainement trop agressives pour la finition malgré le fait qu'elles soient "Utrafine ou "Microfine"...

C'est pour ça que je voulais essayer l'Acétone. Je n'ai toujours pas reçu mon Python mais je posterai sur le site pour donner mon résultat avec l'Acétone. En attendant, j'ai commandé le produit Autosol que tu m'as conseillé....merci ;-)
En ce qui concerne le tissu pour frotter la pâte Autosol, tu utilises quoi ??

Merci et @+
Fred
Back to top Go down
Momocampo
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master

PostSubject: Re: Kokusai Colt Python 4 inch Metal gold finish - becomes Silver    Kokusai Colt Python 4 inch Metal gold finish - becomes Silver  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 25, 2017 9:06 pm

Salut,

Avec la pâte à polir, un chiffon en coton est parfait. Par contre il va noircir sévère donc difficile à ravoir... Un peu de pâte, on frotte doucement et le doré part tranquille. Certains endroits difficiles mais on finit par y arriver, suffit d'être patient et appliqué et tu auras un bon résultat.
Allez, Bon courage !
Back to top Go down
Fredo

PostSubject: Re: Kokusai Colt Python 4 inch Metal gold finish - becomes Silver    Kokusai Colt Python 4 inch Metal gold finish - becomes Silver  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 26, 2017 4:36 pm

Momocampo wrote:
Salut,

Avec la pâte à polir,  un chiffon en coton est parfait. Par contre il va noircir sévère donc difficile à ravoir... Un peu de pâte,  on frotte doucement et le doré part tranquille. Certains endroits difficiles mais on finit par y arriver,  suffit d'être patient et appliqué et tu auras un bon résultat.
Allez,  Bon courage !

OK merci Very Happy
J'ai hâte de commencer. J'aimerais aussi essayer de virer la pièce qui bouche le bout du barillet mais ça, j'imagine que ça doit être compliqué car elle est là exprès cette pièce !!!

@+
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kokusai Colt Python 4 inch Metal gold finish - becomes Silver    Kokusai Colt Python 4 inch Metal gold finish - becomes Silver  - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kokusai Colt Python 4 inch Metal gold finish - becomes Silver
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2