MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Wa Shan Full Metal Sig Sauer P220 Silver

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Momocampo
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master

Number of posts : 389
Location / Country : France
Registration date : 2011-01-31

Wa Shan Full Metal Sig Sauer P220 Silver Empty
PostSubject: Wa Shan Full Metal Sig Sauer P220 Silver   Wa Shan Full Metal Sig Sauer P220 Silver Icon_minitimeThu Dec 29, 2011 5:21 pm

Hello friends,

This is a review of Wa shan Full metal Sig Sauer P220 silver version. This is the all silver version, yes, another version exist with more black elements (sights, trigger, hammer, decocking lever and takedown lever).

Maybe you know, I already had a Wa shan pistol (Glock) and unfortunately, the experience was disappointing... I decide to try one more time to see if Wa Shan can be for me or not.

1 / Box:

Let's go, Wa shan is not a Japanese Brand and there is not that's we can call "quality control". So, you can have good or bad model, it's random.

Wa Shan Full Metal Sig Sauer P220 Silver IMG_0096

The box is like other Wa Shan, simple and full of spelling mistake Smile

Wa Shan Full Metal Sig Sauer P220 Silver IMG_0097

We have in the box :

- Full metal model gun
- User's manual (very very light)
- loading tool
- carts (sold with 6 carts but I success to have 3 more Smile )

2 / Modelgun :

Wa Shan Full Metal Sig Sauer P220 Silver IMG_0195
Wa Shan Full Metal Sig Sauer P220 Silver IMG_0193

First impression, it's heavy, really heavy. And even the grips are in metal !

Wa Shan Full Metal Sig Sauer P220 Silver IMG_0124
Wa Shan Full Metal Sig Sauer P220 Silver IMG_0122

Ok lets talk about this model gun. I found some defect in the left slide (scratch) and the right slide too. Not something important but it's always unnerving.
Wa Shan Full Metal Sig Sauer P220 Silver IMG_0101
Wa Shan Full Metal Sig Sauer P220 Silver IMG_0102
You can see the "YT" is strange...added after ??

When you buy a Wa shan model gun, you must clean it!!! The oil is awful, smell bad and the gun is really dirty. So, I completely disassembled it, cleaned it, dried it, oiled and re assembled. Do the mag too ! I have now a perfect model gun with good oil.
Only "breechblock" is plastic,
If someone is interested, I could do a special tutorial for disassemble and re assemble.

The silver metal is quite nice but not very well finished near trigger :

Wa Shan Full Metal Sig Sauer P220 Silver IMG_0132
You can see also a black spot and some scratches.

After a little sanding :

Wa Shan Full Metal Sig Sauer P220 Silver IMG_0196
It's now much better Smile

The mag is metal too but look a t the photo, the paint is not very good and we can see this strange orange metal under paint.

Wa Shan Full Metal Sig Sauer P220 Silver IMG_0109

Ok some photos to well see this gun :

Wa Shan Full Metal Sig Sauer P220 Silver IMG_0099
Wa Shan Full Metal Sig Sauer P220 Silver IMG_0202
Wa Shan Full Metal Sig Sauer P220 Silver IMG_0127

The markings are here and quite good.

Wa Shan Full Metal Sig Sauer P220 Silver IMG_0100
Wa Shan Full Metal Sig Sauer P220 Silver IMG_0130
Wa Shan Full Metal Sig Sauer P220 Silver IMG_0103

To disassemble, just rack the slide until the mark on the slide and push down the takedown lever. You can now remove the slide.
Wa Shan Full Metal Sig Sauer P220 Silver IMG_0110
Like you see, there is a spring on the barrel. It's maybe new because impossible to find it on the exploded diagram. I don't know what is the utility of this spring, better recoil?
Wa Shan Full Metal Sig Sauer P220 Silver IMG_0111

The barrel is empty and more realistic.

Wa Shan Full Metal Sig Sauer P220 Silver IMG_0107

3 / Cartridges and firing performance :

No classical magazine catch on this gun, to remove the mag , just push the magazine catch beh
I think the carts are the same than the glock and maybe the M9.

Wa Shan Full Metal Sig Sauer P220 Silver IMG_0119
Wa Shan Full Metal Sig Sauer P220 Silver IMG_0120

I remember that this carts are really bad with my Wa Shan glock. Maybe it will better with the P220....After some try, it's the same thing, really bad firing performance.... Mad
Almost no sound and the cart ejects not far at all....
If someone knows how improove the firinf performance of this carts, I will be happy to ear how !

I decide to try the same thing that I try on my Glock : used KSC luger 9mm centerfire (after a little sanding of the head)

Wa Shan Full Metal Sig Sauer P220 Silver IMG_0191

The Mgc P220 will be better but impossible to find now.

With the KSC, the firing performance is really better, the cart fly away and the sound is loud Smile
(Dremel out of the box and let's go for 5 new KSC carts).

4 / To conclude :

Happy. It's the word to rate this gun. Yes, the finishing is quite good (the internal parts are not beautiful, it's always this kind of orange metal, beurrk!!) but the external is well. This gun is at last a really good Metal Dummy replica. With KSC carts, it becomes a good model gun with fairly good firing performance. The decocking works and the slide stops well after the last cart. It's not the same level than a Japanese model gun like Tanaka for example but this time I will keep it in my collection. Laughing Laughing

Wink

Wa Shan Full Metal Sig Sauer P220 Silver IMG_0126
Wa Shan Full Metal Sig Sauer P220 Silver IMG_0133
Wa Shan Full Metal Sig Sauer P220 Silver IMG_0125
Wa Shan Full Metal Sig Sauer P220 Silver IMG_0198
Wa Shan Full Metal Sig Sauer P220 Silver IMG_0200
Wa Shan Full Metal Sig Sauer P220 Silver IMG_0113
Wa Shan Full Metal Sig Sauer P220 Silver IMG_0118
Wa Shan Full Metal Sig Sauer P220 Silver IMG_0114
Wa Shan Full Metal Sig Sauer P220 Silver IMG_0194

Back to top Go down
smootik
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
smootik

Number of posts : 1823
Location / Country : Poland
Registration date : 2009-03-03

PostSubject: Re: Wa Shan Full Metal Sig Sauer P220 Silver   Wa Shan Full Metal Sig Sauer P220 Silver Icon_minitimeThu Dec 29, 2011 6:26 pm

Thanks for a year end gift :-)
Nice review, I am also glad that you now have a better WaShan model :-)
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11073
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

PostSubject: Re: Wa Shan Full Metal Sig Sauer P220 Silver   Wa Shan Full Metal Sig Sauer P220 Silver Icon_minitimeThu Dec 29, 2011 6:27 pm

Thanks for your Review Momo' Very Happy

When WaShan do make nice modelguns, they can make some beauties and your P220 looks like one of them.

I would be really grateful for a detailed strip down Guide please, they are very useful to new modelgun owners and to newcomers to the hobby too.

The WaShan cartridge you have is likely to perform badly because it only has one 0 ring on the Primer/Pin. This does not make a good gas seal so when the cap fires most of the pressure escapes past the ring and out behind the cartridge. Marushin made a very similar centre fire for the Beretta M9 series with a single ring and these proved very poor. Marushin's answer was a 2 x 0-ring primer/pin and that is MUCH better. If you have any of the Marushin carts, it'd be worth checking if the primer/pin would fit the WaShan cartridge

The last time I enquired, John at PFCGUK had a plentiful stock of MGC P220 cartridges so it might be worth sending him an e-mail. You wouldn't need to file your KSC 9mm carts down then.

My WaShan Beretta is stamped Y.T.Corporation. It's one of the brand names that the Factory have used and Modelguns-Worldwide.com list these models as Y.T.Corporation made.

The additional spring around the barrel is an interesting one. Tanio Koba GM7 Colts have the same spring and it may be there to stop the slide slamming back too hard during blowback. The GM7s are HWABS and this spring, I believe, there to reduce the risk of barrel and slides breaking. The Zinc Alloy parts on your model shouldn't be at as high a risk of breaking but if the model fires well with it fitted it can't be doing any harm.

Hobby collector of Replica model guns and Militaria.
also member of Living History Reenactment Groups.
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
Momocampo
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master

Number of posts : 389
Location / Country : France
Registration date : 2011-01-31

PostSubject: Re: Wa Shan Full Metal Sig Sauer P220 Silver   Wa Shan Full Metal Sig Sauer P220 Silver Icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2011 9:39 am

Hi friends,

Thanks a lot, it is always nice to ear compliments...

Ok Cerwyn, I see you are really an expert. The MGC P220 is almost order from John Wink

For the tutorial, I'm OK but I have to find time. To do a good tuto with photos, I need time.

I will try the marushin primer/pin and I will tell you the result.

Wink
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11073
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

PostSubject: Re: Wa Shan Full Metal Sig Sauer P220 Silver   Wa Shan Full Metal Sig Sauer P220 Silver Icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2011 1:48 pm

Hi Momo'

Step by Step Guides do take a lot of time, having written several Strip Down / Reassembly, Cartridge Loading and Cleaning etc I know how difficult it can be to make time. There's a list on my desk here of Reviews, Videos, Strip Down Guides that I intend doing but it's getting longer not shorter Rolling Eyes My New Year's Resolution is to Get Them Done Exclamation

Thankfully there are regular contributors, including yourself, that write excellent posts with superb photos to keep the Forum interesting and informative cheers We'll be looking forwards to your P220 Strip Down Guide, thanks very much Very Happy

Hobby collector of Replica model guns and Militaria.
also member of Living History Reenactment Groups.
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wa Shan Full Metal Sig Sauer P220 Silver   Wa Shan Full Metal Sig Sauer P220 Silver Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wa Shan Full Metal Sig Sauer P220 Silver
Page 1 of 1