MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Marushin UZI firing Open Cartridges

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11073
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

Marushin UZI firing Open Cartridges Empty
PostSubject: Marushin UZI firing Open Cartridges   Marushin UZI firing Open Cartridges Icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2012 12:39 pm

An unusual one this, Marushin UZI firing Open cartridges.

My knowledge of Japanese is Nil but there are references to MGC M11 and GM-7. The modified Bolt Carrier certainly looks more like a large MAC11 type, could this be a custom built GM-7 open cartridge modelgun Question

Hobby collector of Replica model guns and Militaria.
also member of Living History Reenactment Groups.
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
claymore
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist

Number of posts : 1226
Location / Country : London
Registration date : 2008-09-07

PostSubject: Re: Marushin UZI firing Open Cartridges   Marushin UZI firing Open Cartridges Icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2012 6:40 pm

OK wow! that works great and you are right Cerwyn its got an M11 bolt in it grafted to the marushin bolt carrier it seems and the det pin must be an M11 one as well i wonder if this is the older modle uzi that had a completly different chamber. the rounds its seems are M59 ones, if we knew more on how this was done i would be tempted to do it (or rather get a freind to do it Very Happy ) to mine/
Back to top Go down
pitfighter
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master
pitfighter

Number of posts : 616
Location / Country : Hollywood, California
Registration date : 2008-09-07

PostSubject: Re: Marushin UZI firing Open Cartridges   Marushin UZI firing Open Cartridges Icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2012 3:08 am

A link took me to this - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pw1ovQ5zEPQ&feature=related
I used that link to get to this company - http://fandt-guneffect.com/

You see the size of muzzle flash they're getting out of the M4 modelgun?
Back to top Go down
kickback
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
kickback

Number of posts : 329
Location / Country : UK.Cambridgeshire
Registration date : 2008-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Marushin UZI firing Open Cartridges   Marushin UZI firing Open Cartridges Icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2012 7:50 am

If you have a good look at the uzi that is being used you can see its a plastic airsoft one Sad ,and that the uzi bolt carrier does not move Crying or Very sad by the looks of it i would say that thay have simply stuck an old open cart m11 inside a uzi shell...hence the stupid looking cut out on the bolt Laughing

Im sure it works well for what it was intended for..movies but i don't think i'd want one...would you??

Kickback
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Marushin UZI firing Open Cartridges   Marushin UZI firing Open Cartridges Icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2012 10:34 am

Well spotted Kickback Wink

That throws a different light on this altogether then, and might also explain why the rate of fire is so fast compared to Marushin's standard PFC or c.p. converted models. They've done well to convert an Airsoft UZI into a cap-firer though, but as you say if it's lost the realism of a genuine UZI them I'd rather stick with Marushin's standard PFC model

JJ, FandT guneffect make cartridges and suitable detonator pins for Tanio Koba's GM-7 Colt 1911 too. They're intended for Movie use and if I remember correctly use a forward facing cap with flash powder to get those long bright muzzle flashes. They've a number of videos available to watch.

Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Marushin UZI firing Open Cartridges   Marushin UZI firing Open Cartridges Icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2012 4:56 pm

There's a cheap Airsoft UZI for sale on www.gunstar.com today that looks suspiciously like the modified one in this video. The same "SMGUZI" marking is on the left rear receiver. Current highest bid is £ 21 BUT if someone wanted a cheap inexpensive shell ejecting cap-firer that performs like the one in the video something like this could be allright as long as you had a MGC MAC11 bolt, cartridges, Det Pin and some DIY skills Marushin UZI firing Open Cartridges 1498934320

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Marushin UZI firing Open Cartridges   Marushin UZI firing Open Cartridges Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Marushin UZI firing Open Cartridges
Page 1 of 1