MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

MGC 68 MP40 for sale

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
ScottL

Number of posts : 2
Location / Country : WA,USA
Registration date : 2012-03-08

MGC 68 MP40 for sale Empty
PostSubject: MGC 68 MP40 for sale   MGC 68 MP40 for sale Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 10:23 pm

Selling my Maruchin late model MGC68 MP-40. I am looking for $475 OBO.
MGC 68 MP40 for sale CIMG2367
MGC 68 MP40 for sale CIMG2371

Last edited by Cerwyn on Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:40 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Heading corrected to read MGC, not Marushin)
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11073
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

PostSubject: Re: MGC 68 MP40 for sale   MGC 68 MP40 for sale Icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2012 4:41 pm

Hello ScottL

Could you please confirm if your MP40 is a Marushin or MGC made model please?

MGC68 MP40 made by MGC will have MGC68 stamped on the retaining ring at back of the receiver

Marushin could be Zinc Alloy ABS plastic

In either case, is this in cap-firing order or display only please?

Many thanks

Hobby collector of Replica model guns and Militaria.
also member of Living History Reenactment Groups.
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
ScottL

Number of posts : 2
Location / Country : WA,USA
Registration date : 2012-03-08

PostSubject: Re: MGC 68 MP40 for sale   MGC 68 MP40 for sale Icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2012 5:22 pm

It does have MGC68 MP-40 stamped on the retaining ring. It is all metal construction. JAPAN is stamped on the trigger guard.The barrel is pluged. I have never had the barrel of because there is a compression pin on the fitting. I have had this for 10 years but never attempted to fire it. I know little about these,only what ive read.

Thanks for looking
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11073
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

PostSubject: Re: MGC 68 MP40 for sale   MGC 68 MP40 for sale Icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 10:39 am

Hello ScottL

Thanks for your reply. It'll be an MGC (Model Gun Corporation) MGC68 MP40 in that case, not a Marushin model. A large number of MGCs' steel receiver models were exported as dummy only, non- cap firing models.

To render them incapable of firing, the usual modifications made by the Factory were to drill through the receiver tube, right through the chamber in at least two places. Some were drilled through the barrel nut too. Some have a section cut out of the underside of the upper receiver between barrel nut and magazine well.

Bolt faces are ground to remove the feed rail making it impossible for the bolt to feed cartridges from the magazine. If you pull the bolt back and look through the ejection port into the chamber, the Firing models have a Pin pointing back towards the bolt. This was onmmitted from the Dummy models.

Could you possibly describe or post a photo of the compression pin that stops removal of the barrel please? It woul be helpful to see exactly what / where this is

There's more info and photos here that should help you:

https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net/t1832-non-firing-model-cut-bolts-and-firing-versions-in-pictures

https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net/t610-removing-pins-from-pinned-mgc-mp40-barrel?highlight=mgc+mp40

https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net/t1829-mp40-mgc68

I hope this helps, if you need any more advice, please don't hesitate to ask

Hobby collector of Replica model guns and Militaria.
also member of Living History Reenactment Groups.
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
lutefisk

Number of posts : 1
Location / Country : WA, USA
Registration date : 2012-03-16

PostSubject: Re: MGC 68 MP40 for sale   MGC 68 MP40 for sale Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 3:35 pm

I might be in the market for a blank/cap-firing MP40, for the purposes of WWII reenacting, but have never looked nor learned much about them...yet. In doing a little research now, and also reading Cerwyns post, so it sounds like some more pictures and clarifications are in order to confirm if the one you have is machined such that it can fire caps/blanks?

Have you had the chance to get some pics of the things cerwyn asked about? (I am located in WA state, so if there is some way to conclusively prove it *is* a firing model...you might just have a buyer here, relatively close by to you)

Thanks,
Lute
Back to top Go down
pitfighter
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master
pitfighter

Number of posts : 616
Location / Country : Hollywood, California
Registration date : 2008-09-07

PostSubject: Re: MGC 68 MP40 for sale   MGC 68 MP40 for sale Icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2012 1:28 am

Deal done and paid - per PM's - thank you, sir.

Very well packed - great transaction - MP40 was better than shown and described and also came with original WW2 sling - awesome, i am very happy.

One can never have too many MP40's.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MGC 68 MP40 for sale   MGC 68 MP40 for sale Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

MGC 68 MP40 for sale
Page 1 of 1