MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I want to convert a marushin m16 into a blank firing gun.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
napalm113

Number of posts : 23
Location / Country : usa
Registration date : 2012-03-25

I want to convert a marushin m16 into a blank firing gun.  Empty
PostSubject: I want to convert a marushin m16 into a blank firing gun.    I want to convert a marushin m16 into a blank firing gun.  Icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2012 2:19 am

really just using the selective fire lower receiver to build a blank firing colt commando.

Im using a real barrel modified so it cant chamber live rounds, a modified bolt, and im working on a bolt carrier that will have a self contained recoil spring.

I want to convert a marushin m16 into a blank firing gun.  Blankf10

i cut the barrel off 1" past the chamber, threaded it, plugged it with a screw, head spaced it so it can chamber an m200 blank but not a 45 grain jhp (shortest round in my collection) bored a 1/8 hole through the plug, threaded the outer section of the two sections of barrel 1/2x28tpi, butted them with a custom made coupler.

I'm still waiting on a 5/8th hand guard cap and front sight in the mail.

if this set up will work on a real ar15 lower, I will try putting a steel hammer in a marushin m16 lower and modifying the bolt to trip the auto sear.
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11075
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

PostSubject: Re: I want to convert a marushin m16 into a blank firing gun.    I want to convert a marushin m16 into a blank firing gun.  Icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2012 10:51 am

Will the Zinc Alloy Marushin receiver be strong enough to handle the pressures generated by Blank ammunition Question

Personally I don't think Zinc will stand up to it. Not wanting to "rain on your parade" or anything napalm but be ultra careful this doesn't blow up in your face.

Did you manage to clarify if your conversion is legal in the US Question I gave you this link a little while ago:

Hobby collector of Replica model guns and Militaria.
also member of Living History Reenactment Groups.
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
smootik
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
smootik

Number of posts : 1823
Location / Country : Poland
Registration date : 2009-03-03

PostSubject: Re: I want to convert a marushin m16 into a blank firing gun.    I want to convert a marushin m16 into a blank firing gun.  Icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2012 12:14 pm

As this is NOT modelgun modification, but attempt for conversion to a blank firer, I would suggest moving this topic to "Blank firers" forum.
Back to top Go down
napalm113

Number of posts : 23
Location / Country : usa
Registration date : 2012-03-25

PostSubject: Re: I want to convert a marushin m16 into a blank firing gun.    I want to convert a marushin m16 into a blank firing gun.  Icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2012 8:34 pm

if the bolt carrier is self contained with in the upper receiver than almost no pressure will be exerted on the lower receiver. I think steel inserts inside the lower receiver should make it capable of handling the torque on the hammer.

as long a a real full auto upper receiver wont fit on the lower and function its not a "machine gun".
Back to top Go down
MadMike
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
MadMike

Number of posts : 647
Location / Country : Germany (Stuttgart)
Registration date : 2008-08-06

PostSubject: Re: I want to convert a marushin m16 into a blank firing gun.    I want to convert a marushin m16 into a blank firing gun.  Icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2012 4:41 pm

I can understand people being nervous about the legal situation.

Anyway I really like your upper receiver assembly, looking very promising.

Are you planning to use real blanks? I am not sure if the magazine well will be strong enough to whitstand the force. Remember that the modelgun plug fire caps are very weak, and Japanese manufactures have to keep their models, even their metal ones, weak due to legal restrictions.

Back to top Go down
stumpy_ned
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast

Number of posts : 87
Location / Country : UK
Registration date : 2012-04-21

PostSubject: Re: I want to convert a marushin m16 into a blank firing gun.    I want to convert a marushin m16 into a blank firing gun.  Icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2012 4:16 pm

Converting a PFC to fire M200 blanks is certainly possible providing done correctly. A few years ago myself and another modelgun enthusiast converted a PFC M4 to fire M200 5.56mm blanks. I can't remember if it was a Marushin or an MGC as it was a few years ago now (definitely before the VCR Act became Law, circa early spring 2006). Machined our own bolt, complete with a centre positioned basic spring tensioned firing pin, to fit and work within the existing bolt carrier. Also machined a stronger breach section out of metal and finally delicately polished the inside of the upper receiver tubing to make it as smooth as possible. Gave everything a good lubing up and off we went. Took quite a few blank rounds to fine tune it with more polishing ect but once done it was spot on. Eventually we were able to put several full mags straight through no bother. Couple of mags on full auto, then a couple of mags on semi and the last few mags on full and semi, just constantly flicking between the fire selector and pulling the trigger as fast as it could go. Striped it apart and there was no obvious signs of stress or weakening anywhere. As we were looking to use this sort of conversion for 'Nam based re-enacting, we took out little bundle of joy to our local Firearms Plod who we both knew quite well and he knew what we were doing....where he pretty quickly unscrewed the existing plastic barrel, removed our tooled steel breach, put a real barrel on and then gave us the bad news that all that needs doing now is fashioning a crude breach to then complete the sec 5 conversion. Needless to say we "voluntarily" handed it over. Crying or Very sad

Proves the point though that it can be done and isn't as hard as it first appears, so long as it's done legally and a way can be found to enure that the breach/barrel section cannot be deemed convertible.
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11075
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

PostSubject: Re: I want to convert a marushin m16 into a blank firing gun.    I want to convert a marushin m16 into a blank firing gun.  Icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2012 11:19 am

Welcome to the Forum Stumpy,

Would I be correct assuming from your written English, references to the VCRA etc that you're a Brit living in France / Germany now Question

Your post goes a long way towards proving how easy it would be to end up breaking laws regarding manufacturing Blank Firing replicas without realising it. It's just as well your Policeman friend was indeed a friend otherwise you may have ended up in serious trouble Shocked

Hobby collector of Replica model guns and Militaria.
also member of Living History Reenactment Groups.
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I want to convert a marushin m16 into a blank firing gun.    I want to convert a marushin m16 into a blank firing gun.  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I want to convert a marushin m16 into a blank firing gun.
Page 1 of 1