MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Full metal revelover model gun

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
rambo

Number of posts : 15
Location / Country : Hong Kong
Registration date : 2012-02-27

Full metal revelover model gun Empty
PostSubject: Full metal revelover model gun   Full metal revelover model gun Icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2012 3:10 pm

It's not plastic model, full metal metal revelover dummy model gun!
One of my love collection!
Full metal revelover model gun Img_0517
Back to top Go down
kiwigunner
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master
kiwigunner

Number of posts : 556
Location / Country : Auckland/New Zealand
Registration date : 2010-03-10

PostSubject: Re: Full metal revelover model gun   Full metal revelover model gun Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 6:22 am

Hi there rambo.

This is a replica of the Schofield Smith and Wesson .44 - reportedly used by Wyatt Earp at the the gunfight at the OK Coral.
This model is made by two different companies:
a) the Franklin Mint - which has ALL the shell extractor system working as part of the model; made of very light metal and nickel-plated;
Full metal revelover model gun FMSWextractor
and
b) the Denix Company of Spain: made of a much heavier zinc - but does not have the complete extractor system - just holes in the cylinder where the bullets would go.
This is nickel-plated also: both replica metal guns are well engraved and look very beautiful.

I think it is possible to use PFC cartridges (.44 MGC cartridges - new type) - but have not tried to do so in my Franklin Mint copy because the metal is so light. Maybe someone who has a Denix Scofield revolver (there are 3 versions) can tell us?

I'd be interested if you could let me know which model you have: Denix or Franklin.

Thank you for sharing your favourite gun with us.

Kiwigunner

Back to top Go down
http://anzaction.weebly.com/
muzzleloader

muzzleloader

Number of posts : 9
Location / Country : Solingen / Germany
Registration date : 2010-02-21

PostSubject: Re: Full metal revelover model gun   Full metal revelover model gun Icon_minitimeSat Apr 06, 2013 3:21 pm

Hi guys,

The FRANKLIN MINT model gun is originally made by MARUSHIN INC. like most of the FM model guns.

The first FM issue came on the market in Feb.1982 and sold for $595 on a velvet lined wooden Display Frame.
The gun was looking right on this issue.

Full metal revelover model gun Sw_18610

The second series of FM sold off in the 1980ies and came on a simple wooden Display Frame.
Wyatt's S&W revolver was looking left on this issue.

Full metal revelover model gun Sw_18611

The one RAMBO is showing us, seems to have black plastic grips, instead the redwood grips of the first FM issue.
So I guess, RAMBO's Schofield Mod.3 is one of MARUSHIN's late 1990ies productions for the aftermarket.

Even later in 2000+ MARUSHIN produced this gun in chrome annodized HW-ABS plastics and I saw a few with free cylinder chambers without the blocking disc of the metal models.

While the MARUSHIN-FM issue is a very exact copy of the real steel, the DENIX copy from Spain is not even worth a tenth of it...

Full metal revelover model gun Sw_18612

This very rough Zamak diecast is too small, has wrong proportions, lacks a lot of functions and contents a gruel of chaep spring moving & locking mechanics when opened...

Full metal revelover model gun Sw_18613

It is available in "chrome" and "brass" , but both are looking what they are ... cheap !

With a little luck, one can find a FM issue w/o display under $100 on the web - Better spend this little more money for the FM than to throw $69 out of the window for a cheap looking and unreliable DENIX...

Greetings
Ray

Back to top Go down
smootik
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
smootik

Number of posts : 1823
Location / Country : Poland
Registration date : 2009-03-03

PostSubject: Re: Full metal revelover model gun   Full metal revelover model gun Icon_minitimeSat Apr 06, 2013 5:23 pm

Great insight!
I had no idea Franklin Mint was actually manufactured by Marushin.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Full metal revelover model gun   Full metal revelover model gun Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Full metal revelover model gun
Page 1 of 1