MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

WTB: MGC .223 M4 Series CP-HW CARTRIDGES

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Ammo
Ammo

Number of posts : 28
Location / Country : UK
Registration date : 2009-10-17

WTB:  MGC .223 M4 Series CP-HW CARTRIDGES Empty
PostSubject: WTB: MGC .223 M4 Series CP-HW CARTRIDGES   WTB:  MGC .223 M4 Series CP-HW CARTRIDGES Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2012 1:23 am

Am after as many of these as I can get (max up to about 40 or 50 of them) but they MUST be working and fully functioning. Please message me with how many you have as well as a price. Please note I am in the UK so if you are selling to me from outside the UK please bare this in mind when working out postage.

If there's any confusion as to which I need please see the following post: https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net/t3495-mgc-223-m16-xm177-m4-series-cp-hw

Thank you.
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11073
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

PostSubject: Re: WTB: MGC .223 M4 Series CP-HW CARTRIDGES   WTB:  MGC .223 M4 Series CP-HW CARTRIDGES Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 12:52 pm

Hello Ammo

Have you asked John at www.plugfirecapgunsuk.com if he has any:?: Another option may be to use Tanio Koba M4A1 .223" cartridges. I'm sure John can confirm if these fit the HWABS MGC models.

You could also try asking forum member shazhib in Tokyo via PM if he can find the original MGC cartridges.

Hobby collector of Replica model guns and Militaria.
also member of Living History Reenactment Groups.
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
Ammo
Ammo

Number of posts : 28
Location / Country : UK
Registration date : 2009-10-17

PostSubject: Re: WTB: MGC .223 M4 Series CP-HW CARTRIDGES   WTB:  MGC .223 M4 Series CP-HW CARTRIDGES Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 3:44 pm

Hi Cerwyn.

I contacted John as well as posting here and John has some I can buy and I was able to find a supplier from Japan as well with whom I placed an order for 20 of them but the biggest problem now is I think the gun is not working correctly (so I have had to request a cancel on my order from Japan and put on hold the purchase of any until I can resolve the issue with the M4). I will post the problem in the correct place once I get home but in short the gun fires the cartridges but will not cycle to the next one in the mag (it doesn't eject the spent cartridge out the gun and instead just hangs in there by the arm). I was at it for hours last night trying to figure out what's wrong with no luck.
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11073
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

PostSubject: Re: WTB: MGC .223 M4 Series CP-HW CARTRIDGES   WTB:  MGC .223 M4 Series CP-HW CARTRIDGES Icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2012 11:31 am

Hi Ammo

That's good news on the cartridges at least but not so good regarding the M4. There are a couple of simple checks you can make to identify where the problem lies

Assuming now the M4 you're buy-ing is used, first thing to check is te Chamber and Detonator Pin. All too often o2wners forget to clean these thoroughly after every firing session. So much dirt and residue builds up on the Pin especially it'll jam in cartridges stopping them extracting properly.

Next check to make is the cartridges themselves. Any dirt or corrosion inside tese will create friction reducing blow back enough to stop extraction. Are the 0 rings on the piston /firing pin in good condition ? Any splits, cuts or other damage will alllow all gas pressure to leak past the 0 ring stopping blowback.

Are the caps in good condition?

If all's well, load the cartridges ensuring the 0 rings are lubed with silicone oil or grease. This is essential.

If this doesn't sort it, assemble the cartridges and load them into the mag. Insert the mag into the gun, pull back the charging handle and release it to push the first cartridge into the chamber. Don't squeeze the trigger, pull the charging handle back sharply. The cartridge should extract and eject cleanly. If it does, release the charging handle again and repeat the process until the mag's empty. If this works properly, there's every likelyhood your cartridges need a thorough clean and possibly new 0 rings too.

Pleae let us know how that goes and we'll take it from there Smile

Hobby collector of Replica model guns and Militaria.
also member of Living History Reenactment Groups.
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
josh676
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast

Number of posts : 180
Location / Country : Australia
Registration date : 2012-05-14

PostSubject: Re: WTB: MGC .223 M4 Series CP-HW CARTRIDGES   WTB:  MGC .223 M4 Series CP-HW CARTRIDGES Icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2012 11:08 am

If anyone is after MGC HW caps as per this thread, I have 14 lots of 10 new, PM me and we can work something out, Around 20 USD per packet, less the more you buy.

Last edited by josh676 on Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
josh676
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: WTB: MGC .223 M4 Series CP-HW CARTRIDGES   WTB:  MGC .223 M4 Series CP-HW CARTRIDGES Icon_minitimeSun Dec 23, 2012 11:19 am

I am an idiot, I meant to say cartridges.
Back to top Go down
josh676
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: WTB: MGC .223 M4 Series CP-HW CARTRIDGES   WTB:  MGC .223 M4 Series CP-HW CARTRIDGES Icon_minitimeSun Dec 23, 2012 10:32 pm

10 sets left.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WTB: MGC .223 M4 Series CP-HW CARTRIDGES   WTB:  MGC .223 M4 Series CP-HW CARTRIDGES Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

WTB: MGC .223 M4 Series CP-HW CARTRIDGES
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
MP40's Modelguns Forum :: Buy / Sell Modelguns/ Parts / Cartridges-
Jump to: