MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

MGC Remington M31RS Instruction Manual

Go down 
+2
GZ22
Cerwyn
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11073
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

MGC Remington M31RS Instruction Manual  Empty
PostSubject: MGC Remington M31RS Instruction Manual    MGC Remington M31RS Instruction Manual  Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2012 11:28 am

***Thanks to Photobucket's recent actions scanned pages are not available via their host service.
As soon as I am able, I will repost all the pages I have available in my own collection. I would be eternally grateful if other members could do so too please. Thank You.
Cerwyn, Site Admin 15/07/2017*** 

Required by Forum member Ammo please. 

If you've a copy available could you please post it here Question

Thanks very much

*** Scroll down for full Manual *** 

Hobby collector of Replica model guns and Militaria.
also member of Living History Reenactment Groups.

Last edited by Cerwyn on Fri Nov 24, 2017 1:13 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Rec'vd See below)
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
GZ22
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master

Number of posts : 55
Location / Country : Newcastle, UK
Registration date : 2008-09-07

PostSubject: Re: MGC Remington M31RS Instruction Manual    MGC Remington M31RS Instruction Manual  Icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2012 12:08 am

Here you go gentlemen...freshly scanned. Smile

MGC Remington M31RS Instruction Manual  Mgc_m310

MGC Remington M31RS Instruction Manual  Mgc_m318

MGC Remington M31RS Instruction Manual  Mgc_m319

MGC Remington M31RS Instruction Manual  Mgc_m320

MGC Remington M31RS Instruction Manual  Mgc_m321

MGC Remington M31RS Instruction Manual  Mgc_m322

Last edited by Cerwyn on Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:59 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Image updated to Servimg)
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: MGC Remington M31RS Instruction Manual    MGC Remington M31RS Instruction Manual  Icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2012 11:21 am

Thanks very much GZ22, it's great to hear from you again.

Back to top Go down
GZ22
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master

PostSubject: Re: MGC Remington M31RS Instruction Manual    MGC Remington M31RS Instruction Manual  Icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2012 9:55 pm

No trouble at all - you're welcome. It's good to be back and to see that the forum is still thriving.
Back to top Go down
HIGUsan
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master
HIGUsan

Number of posts : 54
Location / Country : Osaka, Japan
Registration date : 2008-09-11

PostSubject: Re: MGC Remington M31RS Instruction Manual    MGC Remington M31RS Instruction Manual  Icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2012 3:37 pm

Hi GZ22,
your manual lost exploded picture.
MGC Remington M31RS Instruction Manual  Mgc-m312

MGC Remington M31RS Instruction Manual  Mgc-m313
Back to top Go down
GZ22
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master

PostSubject: Re: MGC Remington M31RS Instruction Manual    MGC Remington M31RS Instruction Manual  Icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2012 9:45 am

Thank you HIGUsan - that section is not in my manual. I do remember that I used to have it, but I must have lost it.
Back to top Go down
S. Thomas

Number of posts : 41
Location / Country : West Midlands, UK
Registration date : 2009-09-05

PostSubject: Re: MGC Remington M31RS Instruction Manual    MGC Remington M31RS Instruction Manual  Icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2013 11:10 pm

I'm trying to figure out how this model actually works and I was hoping someone could tell me. From the photos that I have seen it appears that there's no chamber because there's something (the detonator I assume) in the breech that would prevent a shell from entering the breech. Am I correct in assuming this? Is the "bolt" actually just there to hide the shell and does the hammer actually hit the shell directly? I'm just guessing here. Also how does ejection work because there doesn't appear to be any type of extractor in the bolt. I'm just curious about these pump action model guns and it'll be great to find out more info. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://bstb-film.com
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: MGC Remington M31RS Instruction Manual    MGC Remington M31RS Instruction Manual  Icon_minitimeSun Jul 23, 2017 10:00 am

Images updated to Servimg

Back to top Go down
Stage Armament Solutions
Stage Armament Solutions

Number of posts : 14
Location / Country : Washington DC, USA
Registration date : 2009-05-17

PostSubject: 2019 Update   MGC Remington M31RS Instruction Manual  Icon_minitimeFri Jul 12, 2019 2:41 am

First thing: Thank you VERY MUCH to GZ22 and HIGUsan for the images of the manual, posted many moons ago, and to Cerwyn for your efforts to keep the info available.

Sorry for the lengthy post; I'm covering a lot of ground in one "swell foop."  Very Happy  I just acquired one of these models from an eBay seller. I am super happy to have it for my prop inventory.

Before I go too far, I will ask the question of "How can I obtain the shells?" Any thoughts are welcome! I'll continue to research the forum in the meantime, but given the age of related posts I would appreciate any updates.

It is largely in excellent condition, with the exception of two things:

It is screaming for oil and cleaning, so thanks to the images, I have a decent idea of how to go about slicking the new baby back to snuff.

UNDISCLOSED/HIDDEN damage- somebody  Rolling Eyes felt that the 18" or so barrel was too long and tried to chop it about two more inches back from the muzzle. Luckily MGC made the barrels with a full length metal rib down the center, as they do.

This stopped the butcher in their tracks, although I have a couple of nice cuts that will need attention. The blast-them-all-to-heck seller cherry  covered the cut with a few wrappings of friction tape, and then covered most of that with orange tape to meet the eBay requirements. I will be having a word with them about this. They are new sellers, as far as I can tell- they have sold a few other MGC replicas in recent weeks including an AMT AutoMag that I am sad that I missed. They may play the "I dunno bout dese things" game with me, but I'm not buying such a blatant cover job.

Not that I have a huge demand for it or the AutoMag in the props business, but my niche is to offer 'oddball' weapons that other prop houses don't and that just might catch somebody's eye sometime. In the meantime, I have some very cool items to admire and play around with.

S. Thomas wrote:
I'm trying to figure out how this model actually works and I was hoping someone could tell me. From the photos that I have seen it appears that there's no chamber because there's something (the detonator I assume) in the breech that would prevent a shell from entering the breech. Am I correct in assuming this? Is the "bolt" actually just there to hide the shell and does the hammer actually hit the shell directly? I'm just guessing here. Also how does ejection work because there doesn't appear to be any type of extractor in the bolt. I'm just curious about these pump action model guns and it'll be great to find out more info. Smile

In short, you have pretty much guessed the mystery.  Smile Regarding the chamber, as you have observed, there is an center plug (not sure if it's part of the anvil) suspended in a tube in the chamber, held in place by four spars (which I suspect are the true anvils), but these elements are very close to the chamber mouth.

The mystery is solved by my own examination and viewing the exceptional video linked in this post by 808Kameleon:

https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net/t2784-mgc-remington-m31-rs2-riot-shotgun?highlight=remington

The shotgun shell itself does not load into the "chamber" like a normal real steel weapon. Instead, the "bolt" is hollow and "telescopes" around the shell until it seats and the business end of the shell (loaded with the caps) is resting against the anvil.

Here are a couple of photos that may provide some clarity. I'll try to get a shot of the hollow 'bolt' later.

MGC Remington M31RS Instruction Manual  Dscn2710

MGC Remington M31RS Instruction Manual  Dscn2710

And here are a couple of shots of the damage wrought by an unthinking individual.

MGC Remington M31RS Instruction Manual  Dscn2712

MGC Remington M31RS Instruction Manual  Dscn2711

MGC Remington M31RS Instruction Manual  Dscn2713

I will smooth out the sawed edges and then fill in the cuts with epoxy and some paint- I think the repair will make that section even stronger than it was from the factory.

The last photo is lousy, but I include just for fun - the very sexy stamping on the shoulder stock spar.

MGC Remington M31RS Instruction Manual  Dscn2714
Back to top Go down
https://www.sasguns.com
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

Number of posts : 2554
Location / Country : UK
Registration date : 2008-08-06

PostSubject: Re: MGC Remington M31RS Instruction Manual    MGC Remington M31RS Instruction Manual  Icon_minitimeFri Jul 12, 2019 7:39 am

Wow they sure made a mess of that No

JB Weld has got me out of some tricky situations and smooth's/paints very well

8ace
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MGC Remington M31RS Instruction Manual    MGC Remington M31RS Instruction Manual  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

MGC Remington M31RS Instruction Manual
Page 1 of 1