MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

PPSH41

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

Number of posts : 2554
Location / Country : UK
Registration date : 2008-08-06

PPSH41 Empty
PostSubject: PPSH41   PPSH41 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2008 7:45 pm

*** Originally posted by claymore ***

Anyone ever fired the Hudson PPSH41, i have been looking at it recently and its starting to grow on me. From what i can make out it's a quality made model all metal and real wood but what i want to know is the following:-

How well does it fire
any known problems
how many rounds does the drum hold

I remember this gun from the film cross of iron with James Coburn and directed by Peckinpah (not sure of the spelling) Class film, class actor and director plus coburn was a student of Bruce Lee which puts him at the top of the tree for me. I can remember the 3 pronged flashes out of the barrel and the slow mo of rounds ejecting.

Anyway back to the point anyone fired one are they worth the cash.
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PPSH41 Empty
PostSubject: Re: PPSH41   PPSH41 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2008 7:45 pm

*** Originally posted by rizzo ***

The real PPSH hold 71 rounds in the drum mag
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PPSH41 Empty

*** Originally posted by mark ***

Hi claymore,

I have never handled a Hudson PPSH nor have i seen one fire so, i have no idea if it works well or not. In fact, i haven't seen any articles or videos on the Hudson PPSH in any website so, i am not sure if anyone has fired one..According to Hudson, the magazine holds 42 rounds in the drum. I think that most Hudson modelgun owners don't even attempt to shoot their modelguns as it seems that for a while Hudson was regarded as a manufacturer of display quailty only guns. I actually haven't seen the cross of iron yet although, it is on my list of must see movies...
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PPSH41 Empty

*** Originally posted by madmike ***

Yes, I remember Cross Of Iron, I havenĀ“t seen this movie for years. It is a good movie, very realistic regarding the uniforms and weapons and so on if memory serves me right.

My grandpa told me there were quite a few German soldiers on the Eastern Front who used captured Russian SMGs as they were rugged and reliable. But he preffered his MP40 ...

Greetings

MadMike
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PPSH41 Empty
PostSubject: Re: PPSH41   PPSH41 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2008 7:46 pm

Mark, this was what worried me about just getting it. Non of the japanese sites that have video have any clips of it firing (or the AK) which makes me wonder just how well it fires.
The Ak supposidly has a tempramental cartridge and i wonder if the PPSH is the same. I would rather speak to someone who has fired one and not just a couple of rounds but a few drum worth of rounds to find out how reliable it is.

Madmike, i dont blame your grandpa, PPSH or Mp40, hard choice, NOT!!!

I have always looked on the PPSH as the Russian equivalent of the British sten. I may be wrong and the bulid qaulity may be better but not MP40 standard i think.
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PPSH41 Empty

*** Originally posted by metradio ***

I have a deactivated PPSH-41 and note that the build quality is slightly better than the Sten. Have been told that a drum magazine was matched and paired up with a PPSH during production and both given the same serial number, as not all mags will fit all weapons

www.ppsh41.com
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PPSH41 Empty

Well claymore, the lack of videos etc. on the Hudson PPSH and the AK has puzzled me too, as i would think that getting them to fire properly would be considered as a chalange and worth a try. But, once again, the Hudsons had a bad reputation in Japan as they would rarely function and like the old version of the Tokerev, if you fired more than 5 rounds one at a time from one magazine successfully you would be doing quite well but then, it would break! Hudson has taken most of the criticism of their products and redesigned most of their product line their latest versions of the AK look 1000% percent better with far better internal parts that look like they will function great! I haven't seen the PPSH redesign yet though, perhaps this is a hidden (good) sign that the PPSH worked all of the time.

There is another reason for the lack of AK and PPSH video etc. You will notice that a good percentage of the modelguns in Japan are U.S. German, Japanese and British in design..And few from the "iron curtain" and these, are mostly from Hudson!

metradio,

I too have noticed that the PPSH does have a little better build quality from the examples of originals that i have seen at least they are heavier steel. the matched drum does indeed have a serial # just like the Finnish Suomi. The PPSH was an extremely reliable submachine gun that was as MadMike stated that there where quite a few German soldiers that prefered the PPSH. But i am like his Grandfather, as i too would have prefered the MP40!
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PPSH41 Empty
PostSubject: Re: PPSH41   PPSH41 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2008 7:48 pm

*** Originally posted by phil genovese***

I can tell you the new AK-47 fires really well. I have never fired the PPsh, but the rounds hand cycled nicely!

PG
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PPSH41 Empty

Hey Phil,

Which Hudson AK version? Have you fired the SE (special edition) Hudson? It appears that Hudson has redesigned the bolts, and other internal parts to make it allot better to fire etc.
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PPSH41 Empty

I really wanted a Ak some time ago but the fact the rounds were tempremental put me off. If the AK is now working fine i may well have to get one (if i have the time).
Pity about the PPSH, no one seems to know how it fires. I was looking at a de-act one the other day and the cuts in the barrel guard seemed smaller than on the modelgun version. I have only seen pics of the modelgun so i might be wrong.
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PPSH41 Empty
PostSubject: Re: PPSH41   PPSH41 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2008 7:49 pm

Claymore, the Hudson AK47 SE is so much better than the older versions that where extremely finicky and not very fun either But, i heven't seen the SE version of the under-folding stock AK47 and that's what i want..
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PPSH41 Empty
PostSubject: Re: PPSH41   PPSH41 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2008 7:49 pm

*** Originally posted by phil genovese ***

Actually, I have one on eBay right now... it even looks nicer with better finish and machining.

Here is the direct link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=66534&item=6560242903
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PPSH41 Empty
PostSubject: Re: PPSH41   PPSH41 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2008 7:50 pm

Jay at modelguns.co.uk had an SE in recently and i was very tempted but had other things planned modelgun buying wise so i missed it and i really would like a AK. Very tempted with the PPSH so i am hoping texan has fired the one he has and will let us know how it fires.
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PPSH41 Empty
PostSubject: Re: PPSH41   PPSH41 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2008 7:50 pm

Ya Phil, that looks to be the latest version of the Hudson AK (not the SE version though) although, your picture of the ejection port slightly confuses me a little as in the ejection port pictures it looks like there is a bright aluminum feed ramp and then, in the disassembled pictures the ramp is gone.The only explanation that i could come up with was that you used File pictures of one of your earlier Hudson AK's that was disassembled (in order to prevent scratches on a new model etc.) to save time.

Claymore, i am sure that the PPSH will shoot ok, as Hudson seems to have "cleaned up their act" and they seem to be actually producing functional modelguns not just shelf queens The PPSH would be impressive with the drum magazine and shells shooting straight up!
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PPSH41 Empty
PostSubject: Re: PPSH41   PPSH41 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2008 7:51 pm

Exactly... I always worry about damage when I take them apart. That was from an older version... but it looks pretty much the same I would think.
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PPSH41 Empty

That's what i thought
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PPSH41 Empty

aagh boys! now i want an AK and a ppsh, i cant have them all, well no i could just cant afford it.
So does it have to be a special edition AK or will any of the new ones work fine for instance the one you have up for sale phil. I already have a sten coming and looking at a nakata open barrel MP40 and i want a grease gun, what do i do, man this is going to be a hard decision oh! and i nearly forgot i might have the chance of an open barrel MGC thompson with miltary and gangster stocks.
I need help, my wife is very understanding but if i buy all these she might just kill me.
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PPSH41 Empty
PostSubject: Re: PPSH41   PPSH41 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2008 7:52 pm

Exactly... I always worry about damage when I take them apart. That was from an older version... but it looks pretty much the same I would think.

PG
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PPSH41 Empty

You know, there has been several times that i have been broke due to modelgun buying and the bills have been piling up(i always end up paying them all with room to spare though ) The early "open barrel" MGC Thompsons are great and i bought one off of eBay a year or so ago for $125 it's in great shape aside from the cracked forearm bar(i just don't pick up the gun by the forearm only) non-functional extractor and the weird green/blue original finish..
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PPSH41 Empty

$125 now thats a good price, this is going to cost more like $800, i already have 2 thompsons so i am not sure if i will end up getting it, its a lot to spend on another thompson even if it is an open barrel. It will come down to thompson, mp40 or ppsh i really cant have all 3, 2 maybe all 3 just cant do it.
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PPSH41 Empty
PostSubject: Re: PPSH41   PPSH41 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2008 7:53 pm

Claymore, i would get the MP40 before all of the others as no one is making a all metal MP40 modelgun again.
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PPSH41 Empty

Most probably will mark but still dont know how much it is going to cost. just had a look at jays site and you can order the AK SE, i really do need more time
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PPSH41 Empty

Well, the SE version of the AK is the way to go if you want a AK. Although, the standard late model Hudson AK would work ok..The AK and the PPSH will be more available until the "Crime Bill" passes whereas the all metal MP40's will be very hard to find. ESPECIALLY THE MGC MP40'S if you can get one..
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PPSH41 Empty
PostSubject: Re: PPSH41   PPSH41 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2008 7:54 pm

Claymore...

I think all the new AKs from Hudson have the upgraded mechanisms and function quite well. They all use the newest style shell, so they must be the same. I have to agree that the all metal MP-40 is a sweet way to go though. A bit harder to find as nobody is currently making them.

The AK-47s are currently available, and you can buy one whenever you want...

How much are the on-line retailers charging for the new MGC Tommy Guns?

PG
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PPSH41 Empty
PostSubject: Re: PPSH41   PPSH41 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2008 7:55 pm

Quote :
How much are the on-line retailers charging for the new MGC Tommy Guns?

I think that dentrinity was getting $340 for their MGC Thompsons but they sold out along time ago and i think that MGC has stopped producing them for a while..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PPSH41 Empty
PostSubject: Re: PPSH41   PPSH41 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

PPSH41
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next