MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

My new Shoei MG42.

Go down 
+6
jim
smootik
vernonsmith
Cerwyn
jay851
Ozguns
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
pitfighter
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master
pitfighter

Number of posts : 616
Location / Country : Hollywood, California
Registration date : 2008-09-07

My new Shoei MG42. - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My new Shoei MG42.   My new Shoei MG42. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2012 7:32 am

Those draw runners look like the real ones - lol.

The spring is two pieces of woven steel, quite distinct - a little similar to the modern Russian ones.
Original here for $10.00
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=321123620#PIC

Pit.
Back to top Go down
kiwigunner
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master
kiwigunner

Number of posts : 556
Location / Country : Auckland/New Zealand
Registration date : 2010-03-10

PostSubject: Re: My new Shoei MG42.   My new Shoei MG42. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2012 9:16 am

Yes a main spring would help, but seeing as I'm making a dummy (and not heavy) bolt I think any spring with a diameter the same as the original 25mm [Pit?]???) will work ok - with around 20 windings. A well used real spring I imagine would be weaker and thus not too strong.

Yes, Pit - the drawer runners do look similar to the real thing - a bit narrower though! That's why I thought buying a ready-made pair for a few bucks would save a lot of time and effort (me being a lazy SOB) lol Very Happy

Ozi, there are only two more measurements I need: a) the depth of the receiver side and b) the diameter of the hole in the shoulder stock where it joins the receiver!

The rest I can work our near enough, though you may have to "fine tune" the installation by filing an odd bit or two! pale

Kiwigunner

Back to top Go down
http://anzaction.weebly.com/
Ozguns
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast
Ozguns

Number of posts : 333
Location / Country : Perth, Western Australia
Registration date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: My new Shoei MG42.   My new Shoei MG42. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2012 12:27 pm

I'm hoping these are the measurements you are after.

I love taking pictures, so it's the easiest way to make sure we are talking about the same thing.

Just a little under 40mm deep to the centre. The bottom is slightly curved as shown.
I can't really take a measurement on the sides, because it is curved from the base.

My new Shoei MG42. - Page 3 DSCF1285Custom-1

The hole in the stock is very close to 30mm.

My new Shoei MG42. - Page 3 DSCF1284Custom

My camera is still ready and charged if you need more info or pics done over the weekend in daylight. Smile
Back to top Go down
Ozguns
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast
Ozguns

PostSubject: Re: My new Shoei MG42.   My new Shoei MG42. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2012 12:38 pm

I figure you might have already seen these blueprints etc on a Photobucket page.
https://s7.photobucket.com/albums/y270/droolingidiot/Diagrams/#!cpZZ1QQtppZZ24
Back to top Go down
kiwigunner
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master
kiwigunner

Number of posts : 556
Location / Country : Auckland/New Zealand
Registration date : 2010-03-10

PostSubject: Re: My new Shoei MG42.   My new Shoei MG42. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2012 6:43 pm

Thanks Oziguns - that's just what I needed to check!
The blueprints are very clear in some places, and because Shoei make most parts off-size in some way I needed to see your gun's measurements!

Let me know if you can locate a spring - I've realised it needs to be much lighter than a real one because the dummy bolt wont weigh anything like the real bolt - and if the spring is too strong it will smash the dummy bolt hard into the chamber! Embarassed

Maybe get several if they're cheap enough, and try them each to see which works best! sunny

Kiwigunner
Back to top Go down
http://anzaction.weebly.com/
Ozguns
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast
Ozguns

PostSubject: Re: My new Shoei MG42.   My new Shoei MG42. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2012 5:03 am

Thanks Mate.

Yep I should be able to get a spring. In fact, that's exactly what I did when I needed a spring for my M16.
I went to the spring works, searched through some boxes, and grabbed a few for $1 each. One of them was perfect, the other couple are somewhere in my shed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My new Shoei MG42.   My new Shoei MG42. - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My new Shoei MG42.
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3