MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Trommel Magazine Luger -Presentation Box

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
kiwigunner
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master
kiwigunner

Number of posts : 556
Location / Country : Auckland/New Zealand
Registration date : 2010-03-10

Trommel Magazine Luger -Presentation Box Empty
PostSubject: Trommel Magazine Luger -Presentation Box   Trommel Magazine Luger -Presentation Box Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2012 12:32 pm

Glad to see other members making some presentation boxes... our modelguns deserve looking after. So here's another presentation box in the making! Very Happy

By chance I came across a deep wooden box on TradeMe (local auction web site) and won it fairly cheaply about 8 weeks ago ....it was made of a nice Kauri (local native tree) with brass corners. I bought it without a clear objective in mind...

Trommel Magazine Luger -Presentation Box Kauribox

Then I recalled that last year I was lucky enough to by a long barrelled MGC metal Luger plus a Snail drum (Trommel) magazine. This year an artillery model came up for auction in NZ, and won that. They go with my standard 4 inch barrel P08 Luger..... but how to store them had been a challenge?

Now I have the answer.... so after trying various combinations for fit, this is the one I have chosen to create. Cool

Trommel Magazine Luger -Presentation Box Snaildrumkugers

I'll post the completed box when it's finished - about a week or so, I reckon!

Kiwigunner

PS I could really do with a shoulder stock for these, but I can't find a seller that has one in stock except for a Tanaka version. That is way too expensive for me. Sad If anyone can help, please PM me.

Back to top Go down
http://anzaction.weebly.com/
Peticopo
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast

Number of posts : 72
Location / Country : France
Registration date : 2011-10-16

PostSubject: Re: Trommel Magazine Luger -Presentation Box   Trommel Magazine Luger -Presentation Box Icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2012 3:55 pm

Hi Kiwigunner,

beautiful box, i need a tall one for my P08 artillery !

Just one suggestion, have you think to make 2 levels, so the 2 luger will be up on the first plan and the trommel magazine behind. Because your box is deep.

Bon travail.
Philippe.
Back to top Go down
kiwigunner
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master
kiwigunner

Number of posts : 556
Location / Country : Auckland/New Zealand
Registration date : 2010-03-10

PostSubject: Re: Trommel Magazine Luger -Presentation Box   Trommel Magazine Luger -Presentation Box Icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2012 7:09 pm

Thanks for the great idea, merci!

I am still trying out different ideas - and because I also have a 4 inch P08 I was contemplating making another level for it. scratch

The other way to go is to have one fully assembled Luger (Artillery model), plus two barrel/toggle assemblies that can be inter-changed! I have seen real steel presentation boxes like that.

But that would be wasteful of two P08 receivers. Crying or Very sad - so I prefer to keep the whole pistol and box all 3 of them! If I do that, then I would put the 4 inch model in the bottom with the Artillery model - and have the Long barrelled model on top - as you suggest!

A bientot!

Kiwigunner

Back to top Go down
http://anzaction.weebly.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Trommel Magazine Luger -Presentation Box   Trommel Magazine Luger -Presentation Box Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Trommel Magazine Luger -Presentation Box
Page 1 of 1