MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A very small rant.. sorry!

Go down 
+3
claymore
Cerwyn
JohnnyV
7 posters
AuthorMessage
JohnnyV
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
JohnnyV

Number of posts : 552
Location / Country : Cambridgeshire UK
Registration date : 2009-08-24

A very small rant.. sorry! Empty
PostSubject: A very small rant.. sorry!   A very small rant.. sorry! Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2012 11:13 am

Sorry for this guys but just had to have a moan...

As a retailer I just had an enquiry from a chap to buy a Tanaka Glock 17...
Had to turn him down as not VCRA exempt. OK not problem but... and heres what gets me cross...
This person was a member of CO19 met police , and wanted to buy it for a colleague who was retiring as a memento of his days with them, nothing official (or I could have sold it to him) just a present from the guys!
How bloody ridiculs that someone in his position could not buy it! F%$£ing stupid!
I know some may say he should have know better than to ask, but I disagree! they have their hands full dealing with REAL issues without being expected to deal in the minushi of the VCRA in relation to RIFS, they have to make life or death decisions in a split second or real or not guns. any idiot who points a gun at them or anyone in public SHOULD be treated as if it were a real gun.
Sorry rant over..
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11075
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

PostSubject: Re: A very small rant.. sorry!   A very small rant.. sorry! Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2012 12:41 pm

Hi John,

There are two ways of looking at this John. While I'd agree with you that a Police Officer having Real Firearms experience as a professional cannot buy a plastic replica seems ludicrous, well, the Law's the Law unfortunately.

On the other hand, call me a cynic if you will, but you may have been the intended victim of a "Sting". It is not (apparently) unheard of for the Police or HM Customs to approach a Dealer or Private Individual enquiring about a Replica Firearm offered for Sale. They'll not be VCRA exempt but will try a bit of gentle persuasion to make you sell one to them regardless.

If you had sold one, you my be visited very shortly by the Police & HM Customs with a warrant and charges for violating the VCRA

As painful as losing a sale is, in this case you've done absolutely right by refusing to sell. Better to lose a sale than have the full weight of the Law landing on your back mate

Hobby collector of Replica model guns and Militaria.
also member of Living History Reenactment Groups.
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
claymore
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist

Number of posts : 1234
Location / Country : London
Registration date : 2008-09-07

PostSubject: Re: A very small rant.. sorry!   A very small rant.. sorry! Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2012 1:00 pm

John,
On the first part i agree with you but you dont need to tell any of use how stupid a law this is and has in fact achieved nothing as far a reducing crime is concerned, but as cerwyn says the law is the law (did judge Dredd say that!) i own shotguns but if i was not a member of a reenactment group i also would not be able to buy how stupid is that.
As for them not knowing about the VCR well i cannot agree with you there as it is one they should know about especially when they come knocking on your door with accusations about what is illegal and yet they dont know anything about the VCR!! how can you implement or prosecute on what you believe to be correct and not on what is correct not exactly justice that. so mate sorry but disagree with you on that one, that said with my missus being a member of the thin blue line you would be amazed on how many have no idea what this law is and at times i wonder if they really care.
Back to top Go down
Ozguns
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast
Ozguns

Number of posts : 333
Location / Country : Perth, Western Australia
Registration date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: A very small rant.. sorry!   A very small rant.. sorry! Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2012 1:25 pm

I thought exactly what Cerwyn said about the sting.
I don't really trust too many people these days, and this could have been one of those days.
You did the right thing.
Back to top Go down
stumpy_ned
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast

Number of posts : 87
Location / Country : UK
Registration date : 2012-04-21

PostSubject: Re: A very small rant.. sorry!   A very small rant.. sorry! Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2012 1:30 pm

You could still have supplied the Glock by informing the intended buyer that as they do not have a stated exemption as per the VCR Act, they will only be able to purchase the Glock providing it is 51% of a VCR Act exempted bright colour. Perfectly acceptable and still 100% legal. Simples.

You've just done yourself out of a potential sale.
Back to top Go down
JohnnyV
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
JohnnyV

Number of posts : 552
Location / Country : Cambridgeshire UK
Registration date : 2009-08-24

PostSubject: Re: A very small rant.. sorry!   A very small rant.. sorry! Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2012 1:57 pm

Claymore
Yep your right about them knowing the law! on all counts !! calmed down now

All re Sting
Yep had those as well! ggrrrrrrrrrr

Stumpy
I cannot bring myself to paint modelguns silly colours! sale or no sale Smile
To paint them would get more sales, but hey If I wanted money I should have picked another Job!! lol!

Everyone!
YEP THE LAW IS THE LAW !
Back to top Go down
jim
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
jim

Number of posts : 988
Location / Country : Hong Kong / Sydney, Australia
Registration date : 2008-09-07

PostSubject: Re: A very small rant.. sorry!   A very small rant.. sorry! Icon_minitimeSun Oct 14, 2012 3:08 am

John: I also feel this is a sting - if they're really the cops then I think they'll be more satisfied with deacts instead of these plastic toys (ironically for you guys it's easier to get deacts then pfcs)...
Back to top Go down
kiwigunner
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master
kiwigunner

Number of posts : 556
Location / Country : Auckland/New Zealand
Registration date : 2010-03-10

PostSubject: Re: A very small rant.. sorry!   A very small rant.. sorry! Icon_minitimeSun Oct 14, 2012 6:06 am

Hi Johnny.....the law is an ass, someone once wrote; justice is blind, someone else wrote... and I think Cerwyn is correct in what he wrote. Twisted Evil

You were being tested.... and did the right thing of course. Good on you mate! cheers
It is also good to have a place to rant freely - don't you agree!

Kiwigunner
Back to top Go down
http://anzaction.weebly.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A very small rant.. sorry!   A very small rant.. sorry! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A very small rant.. sorry!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
MP40's Modelguns Forum :: Modelgun General Discussion-
Jump to: