MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Where to find a detonator pin for my MGC68??

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Andrewjs95
Andrewjs95

Number of posts : 4
Location / Country : Minnesota, USA
Registration date : 2012-11-12

Where to find a detonator pin for my MGC68?? Empty
PostSubject: Where to find a detonator pin for my MGC68??   Where to find a detonator pin for my MGC68?? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 12, 2012 11:24 pm

Hey guys, im new to this forum so be nice. Just kidding, im sure all of you are nice fellas. Well, a few weeks ago i picked up a MGC68 mp40 thinking it was just a dummy gun. while reserching on this forum yesterday i noticed a lot of you guys were talking about your guns cap firing and so i thought, what the heck?? I thought it was just a dummy gun and guys were converting it to shoot caps. but then i saw more posts about them firing caps and the right bolts, ect. anyways, I will post pictures of my MP40 tonight on a new topic so all of you guys can see the beauty. I have the open barrel, and the right bolt so i think. the only thing is, i do not have a det. pin, and not sure where to get one and how to put it in. so i will need some help really knowing if i do have a cap firing MP40 and the pin was taken out or something else, ill need help with identification. any help would be so great from anyone. thank you very much!!!

-Andrew
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11073
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

PostSubject: Re: Where to find a detonator pin for my MGC68??   Where to find a detonator pin for my MGC68?? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2012 12:10 pm

Hello Andrew,

Welcome to the Forum Very Happy It's always good to welcome new members here. I know for sure you'll fimd us a friendly bunch eager to help you with anything Modelgun related.

The MGC68 MP40 is a great model to start any collection with Wink

Photos of your Bolt, especially the Bolt Face will be very helpful when determining if you've a cap-firing version or not. If the Bolt's been ground removing the feed lip then it wont cycle cartridges but if you've got a complete bolt then you're onto a good start.

Photos of the Receiver tube just ahead of the barrel, including the barrel nut will also help. Are there any holes drilled through into the chamber at all Question

If all's well, you'll need the Detonator Pin and cartridges (not forgetting caps). If you've a machine shop nearby, I've drawn up a pin suitable for the MGC MP40 to fire MGC P220 cartridges. If you've no way of making one, I'm sure we can put you in touch with a supplier of both pins and cartridges.

Let's make sure you've got a firing model first though Wink

Hobby collector of Replica model guns and Militaria.
also member of Living History Reenactment Groups.
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
Andrewjs95
Andrewjs95

PostSubject: Re: Where to find a detonator pin for my MGC68??   Where to find a detonator pin for my MGC68?? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2012 11:49 pm

BOLT FACE
Where to find a detonator pin for my MGC68?? Img21010

BARREL
Where to find a detonator pin for my MGC68?? Img21011

Where to find a detonator pin for my MGC68?? Img21012

Where to find a detonator pin for my MGC68?? Img21013

Are these good photos for you to tell? if not, please do tell! It is an early model, it has the "made in japan" and not just japan.

-Andrew
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Where to find a detonator pin for my MGC68??   Where to find a detonator pin for my MGC68?? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2012 9:53 am

Great Very Happy, these photos are perfect.

You're in luck Exclamation The boltface is intact, complete with feed rail which means it will cycle cartridges cheers

The trunnion and chamber look intact, no drilled holes breaking through into them which is great news too. I can't tell if your barrel is open or blocked but either way wouldn't make any difference to firing this using cap loaded cartridges. An open barrel will allow some smoke to vent through which looks better but that's the only advantage.

All you need now is a Detonator Pin, cartridges (MGC P220 would be the first choice) and 7mm caps.

I'd suggest you contact John at www.plugfirecapgunsuk.com in the first instance. He did have a large stock of P220 cartridges and should, I'm sure, be able to get you a Detonator Pin from Japan. The pins are custom made and available for a reasonable price.

Don't hesitate to ask if you need any more help Wink

Back to top Go down
Andrewjs95
Andrewjs95

PostSubject: Re: Where to find a detonator pin for my MGC68??   Where to find a detonator pin for my MGC68?? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2012 4:33 pm

WOW! Great news!! The barrel on mine is open, so then it will look more realstic. Awesome!

I looked on the website, he is out of the cartridges I need, so it says on his website at least. Ill have to contact him via email about it.

You guys here at the forum are awesome and so helpful! Ill let you know and keep posts about how its coming along with my MP40!

Thanks again!

Andrew
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Where to find a detonator pin for my MGC68??   Where to find a detonator pin for my MGC68?? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2012 2:41 pm

It's a pleasure Andrew Smile

Yep, the open barrel is even better Very Happy

I spoke with John a little while ago, I'm pretty sure he had plenty of P220 cartridges in stock then.

Please do keep us updated and don't hesitate to ask if you need any help at all. We're all here to help Wink

Back to top Go down
Andrewjs95
Andrewjs95

PostSubject: Re: Where to find a detonator pin for my MGC68??   Where to find a detonator pin for my MGC68?? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2012 12:44 am

Hey guys, im thinking about selling my MGC68. who all would be interested in it? i have ammo pouches and original mags for it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Where to find a detonator pin for my MGC68??   Where to find a detonator pin for my MGC68?? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Where to find a detonator pin for my MGC68??
Page 1 of 1