MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Differences between MGC and Marushin MP40s?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11075
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

Differences between MGC and Marushin MP40s? Empty
PostSubject: Differences between MGC and Marushin MP40s?   Differences between MGC and Marushin MP40s? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2008 10:52 am

Post by Waffenknecht

Hello Users,
i have some Question and i hope you can help me.
1. what is the difference between Marushin MP40 and MGC MP40, i mean quality and function and all you now.
2. what is the difference between Marushin catridges and MGC Catridges, i to hear that MGC catridges better function as Marushin is that right?
3. wehat is the difference between caps from Marushin,GD and Flame
4. can i shoot other catridges and caps in one Marushin MP40.
I have seen some video in Web how MP40 from Marushin shoot different . By some MP 40 from Marushin to splash the catridges in great bow and the other one falls only out of. Differences between MGC and Marushin MP40s? Icon_lol
sorry for my english i hope you understand me ,but i come from germany Differences between MGC and Marushin MP40s? Icon_razz
regards and merry X-mas from germany
werner

Last edited by Cerwyn on Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:59 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Differences between MGC and Marushin MP40s?   Differences between MGC and Marushin MP40s? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2008 10:53 am

Post by Chenkenichi

Hi Werner,
Marushin is currently making an MP40 that is partially plastic and partially metal. It is sold in kit form where you have to put it together yourself, but you see them here and there offered assembled already. They always require a lot of fiddling around with to get them working right. In my opinion, despite the fast they are partially plastic, they are the most detailed MP40 replica. It uses a currently made cartridge and uses the plastic caps.
Marushin also used to make all metal MP40s, I think production stopped somewhere in the 80s? (correct me from wrong). THese were made out of cheaper zinc metal, so they couldn't be made to fire live ammo or blanks. These in my opinion are not vert realistic as the magazine housing is over sized, the magazine is too wide and the barrel looks a little bit weird. They used paper caps that are hard to find these days (although you can find substitutes)...you'd actually have to put in several caps in one cartridge.
The MGC MP40 has not been produced since the 70s. It was an all metal replica (not zinc, but high quality metal). These are very nice replicas, almost as good as the newly made Marushin MP40. I am not sure what kind of caps they originally were made to fire but I know people have been converting them to the new Marushin MP40 cartridges. The early MGC MP40s were more realistic...They were a nice black/blued finish and had a metal telescoping bolt like the real MP40s. The later ones had a weird purple finish almost (I had one that before that was sparkley too). These later MP40s just had a spring connected to the bolt rather than the metal telecoping tube.
If you are just getting into model guns and want one to fire without problems/modifications I would not suggest an MP40...as with the ones I've owned they all required some kind of messing around with before they run correctly. If you want one as a nice display piece I'd go for the MGC MP40 or the currently made Marushin MP40 since they are more authentic looking.
I know I didn't answer all of your questions but I'm sure some of the other guys on this forum can/will.
Cheers!
Thomas
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Differences between MGC and Marushin MP40s?   Differences between MGC and Marushin MP40s? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2008 10:54 am

Post by Waffenknecht

Hi Thomas,
thanks for god informations , you have answer some question, but i have more. You write i must be make some work before wthe gun working right. What must i do and what for modifications?. I've seen in Web Marushin Model Kit for 160$. I've questions the dealer and the answer was, i must assemble the Kit. The dealer means i can shoot with catridges and 7mm caps only blank fire. You know one if can sales Differences between MGC and Marushin MP40s? Icon_rolleyes
regards
werner
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Differences between MGC and Marushin MP40s?   Differences between MGC and Marushin MP40s? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2008 10:54 am

Post by Chenkenichi

On one of my Marushin MP40s the clip was angled wrong in the magazine housing and it would cause the gun to mis-feed. I fixed this by putting some glue on the inside of the magazine housing to make it tighter as well as keep the magazine at the correct angle. Another problem I had was the detonator getting pushed back (Mark stated on his website he had the same problem). This would make it so where the cap would ignite. For this I didn't even try to fix it I just bought some new parts for it. Not only is there modifications for shooting it but if you buy it in a kit form sometimes it's hard to piece together properly. The instructions are in Japanese and from what I have been told and from what I can read the pictures are just as good. Sometimes you have to sand down some plastic and do some filing so they fit together right.
I would recommend you contact Francky1958. He probably has on in stock that is already assembled and if not he might know where to get it.
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Differences between MGC and Marushin MP40s?   Differences between MGC and Marushin MP40s? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2008 10:56 am

Post by Waffenknecht

yes i have contact him. You mean the bold was make problems. i think when i make another one in metall than must be the problem away. you write one of your MP40, have you more and one to sale Differences between MGC and Marushin MP40s? Icon_lol look please at www.mgcshop.com under MP40. you see a Kit of Marushin MP40. Please tell me your opinion.

thanks to chenkenichi, the tipp are very god. I want buy one Kit from franky and i hope i like the Kit Differences between MGC and Marushin MP40s? Icon_rolleyes
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Differences between MGC and Marushin MP40s?   Differences between MGC and Marushin MP40s? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Differences between MGC and Marushin MP40s?
Page 1 of 1