MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Marushin UZI feeding problems

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Chris74
Chris74

Number of posts : 95
Location / Country : Germany/NRW
Registration date : 2013-01-07

Marushin UZI feeding problems Empty
PostSubject: Marushin UZI feeding problems   Marushin UZI feeding problems Icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2013 5:07 pm

Hi folks!
I have a problem with both of my Marushin UZIs...
They don't feed every Cartidge.
If i load 3 Shells in the Magazin, the first works great, the second
become stuck
[img]Marushin UZI feeding problems Uzikle10[/img]

Both are equipped with the original detonator pin.
I have also one pin from a Hudson gun, it works, but have the same problems with feeding.

Can anyone help me? I have no more ideas...

[img]Marushin UZI feeding problems Uzikle12[/img]
Back to top Go down
ljerr2
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist

Number of posts : 571
Location / Country : Iowa, USA
Registration date : 2008-11-26

PostSubject: Re: Marushin UZI feeding problems   Marushin UZI feeding problems Icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2013 4:55 am

what have you tried so far?
Try loading 4 shells and see if the first feeds ok. This looks like a model that has a double stack/staggered stack magazine. I often found that feeding issues in models came from misaligned feed lips on the magazine and not from any issue with the gun itself.
The next thing I would recommend checking is the bolt face itself. The Uzi bolt often deforms and splits after very little use.

Back to top Go down
Chris74
Chris74

PostSubject: Re: Marushin UZI feeding problems   Marushin UZI feeding problems Icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2013 11:33 am

Yes, the UZI have a double-breasted Magazin and its always the same side where the Shell comes from witch doesent load...
I tryed with an original Magazin. I put The Marushin Internals in the original Magazin and bend the lips...
It becomes worse and worse...
Here two pictures of thr bolts:
[img]Marushin UZI feeding problems Uzibol10[/img]
[img]Marushin UZI feeding problems Uzibol11[/img]

There is a piece of the Bolts missing, it seems to be polishd away....
I think i can't get this as a sparepart anywhere?
Back to top Go down
ljerr2
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist

PostSubject: Re: Marushin UZI feeding problems   Marushin UZI feeding problems Icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2013 2:35 pm

It does appear that the face of both of your bolts is damaged enough that it may be causing feed issues with the round that side of the bolt would strip from the magazine.
Unfortunately, spare parts are very difficult to find for this model. You may be able to find a complete spare parts gun, but it will probably take time. If you are lucky enough to find one with a good bolt, there is no guarantee how long it will last and it will probably not be cheap to buy.
I would recommend sending a message to Shazhib to see if he can source any parts for you directly from Japan on the used market there. Do not be concerned about dealilng abroad, as he is trusted by all on this forum.
Back to top Go down
Chris74
Chris74

PostSubject: Re: Marushin UZI feeding problems   Marushin UZI feeding problems Icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2013 2:43 pm

Thank you, thats a great tipp..
I'm always thinking about making a 3D scan of the part and and it produces from harder material...
Back to top Go down
ljerr2
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist

PostSubject: Re: Marushin UZI feeding problems   Marushin UZI feeding problems Icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2013 2:49 pm

I used to have two Uzis and both were fitted with custom made steel bolts. They became true wonderful firing replicas at that time with little concern of wearing out the parts. Unfortunately, you do have to be careful that the parts are made so as to not allow anyone to think they are real gun parts. Be very careful and aware of your local laws would be a good idea.
If you have the skill and ability to produce a replacement part, I am sure the community would welcome it!
Best wishes.
Back to top Go down
Chris74
Chris74

PostSubject: Re: Marushin UZI feeding problems   Marushin UZI feeding problems Icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2013 3:12 pm

These Modelguns are Toys in germany... If the gun is nod modificated to shoot live Ammo or any projectile, i can build everything in custom There is no problem with material at all in Germany...
So i'll try made to suited for series ones rabbit
Back to top Go down
yellow
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast
yellow

Number of posts : 208
Location / Country : Belgium
Registration date : 2009-07-02

PostSubject: Re: Marushin UZI feeding problems   Marushin UZI feeding problems Icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2013 7:58 pm

I can sell you an UZI with one original bolt, and one custom made steel bolt Wink
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11073
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

PostSubject: Re: Marushin UZI feeding problems   Marushin UZI feeding problems Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2013 10:51 am

If the cartridge which does not feed correctly is always from the same side of the magazine it is a real possibility the feed lip of the magazine on that side is bent incorrectly. The feed lip will hold and feed the cartridge at the wrong angle to enter the chamber.

Try gently bending the lip to match the side that feeds without problems. Bend only a small amount each time.

Are you using Marushin magazines or real UZI parts? If you're using real magazines the feed lips may need modifying to clear the bolt as it moves over the magazine

Genuine Marushin UZI bolts are very difficult to find now. The zinc bolts wear out quickly causing feeding and firing problems. Custom made Steel bolts are the way to go. All my Marushin UZIs have steel bolts and they all work very well, much better than standard.

Hobby collector of Replica model guns and Militaria.
also member of Living History Reenactment Groups.
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
Chris74
Chris74

PostSubject: Re: Marushin UZI feeding problems   Marushin UZI feeding problems Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2013 12:01 pm

I bougt both of my UZIs used in an Internet auktions.
Before I bougth my first MG UZI, i had no plan of Modelguns.
I tryed shooting always with the Marushin Mags. Then someone tolt me
to use real Mags with a cutted Spring- because maybe the Marushins Spring
have not enough power anymore- so itryd and the first of 4 Cartidges will feed
correctly... the second shell becomes stuck....
The guy who told me usees real Magazines for his UZI rentable service since Years...

sorry, i still cant post the link... Crying or Very sad

I'll try your suggestion
OK, you mean bending down a littel bit?
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Marushin UZI feeding problems   Marushin UZI feeding problems Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2013 12:20 pm

Real UZI magazines will work well in Marushin UZIs with a little modification. Cutting down the spring a little is needed as you have done and sometimes the feed lips need a little modifying too

Your missfeeding mag' needs the lip on the problem side bending to match the other side. Either upwards or down a little. Real magazines normally have thicker steel lips than models so they may both need modifying to clear the bolt.

Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Marushin UZI feeding problems   Marushin UZI feeding problems Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2013 1:10 pm

Back to top Go down
Chris74
Chris74

PostSubject: Re: Marushin UZI feeding problems   Marushin UZI feeding problems Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2013 1:23 pm

I've tryed what you said, wihtout Fire Caps it works good. But if I loaded my last 5 Fire Caps, it failed again.
So i bend again.. the last 2 Cardtridges made a good performance... but unfotunately these where my last caps...
But without Caps it works in manual use...
I hope Monday or Tuesday i'll get my Fire Caps from John..
But I'm afraid my Bolts are both too damaged for good working...
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Marushin UZI feeding problems   Marushin UZI feeding problems Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2013 1:48 pm

It works fine without caps in the cartridges Question

Which cartridges are you using please Question This might be a cap loading problem... Are the Marushin PFC or MGC P220 Question

Back to top Go down
Chris74
Chris74

PostSubject: Re: Marushin UZI feeding problems   Marushin UZI feeding problems Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2013 2:23 pm

I use Marushin PFC Cartridges 9mm for MP40 UZI and SDMK I.
Loaded as in the Instructions described I have read in this Forum.

But plan to convert in MGC P220.
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Marushin UZI feeding problems   Marushin UZI feeding problems Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2013 2:41 pm

Chris74 wrote:
I use Marushin PFC Cartridges 9mm for MP40 UZI and SDMK I.
Loaded as in the Instructions described I have read in this Forum.

But plan to convert in MGC P220.

I'm curious why unloaded cartridges feed well, while loaded ones do not scratch It's vital that the caps' edges are lubricated with silicone grease otherwise they won't slide inside the cartridge freely. It follows that the inside of the cartridge must be spotlessly clean and free from corrosion or the cap will not slide.
Are your cartridges in good condition Question

Converting to MGC P220 cartridges is worthwhile and only requires a modified Detonator Pin. The P220 produces more blowback power than Marushin's PFC.
MGC no longer produce cartridges though so make sure you have, or can obtain plenty of the P220s. John at PFCGUK had plenty of stock last time I checked with him.

Back to top Go down
Chris74
Chris74

PostSubject: Re: Marushin UZI feeding problems   Marushin UZI feeding problems Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2013 2:51 pm

Its a Mystery that makes me mad...

So, My Cartridges came with my first UZI in very very very bad condition, they were used a few times and never get cleaned.. so i cleaned them with Brushes and Cleaners.. but there were always a lot of scratches in them...
i ordered a Box of P220er at John..I hope it arrived Monday or Tuesday...
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Marushin UZI feeding problems   Marushin UZI feeding problems Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2013 3:06 pm

The important thing is to try polishing inside the cartridges to get a clean, smooth surface. This can take time but will be worth it as it gives them a longer useable life and makes sure they work when you fire your modelgun. I'm sure you've seen the Cartridge Cleaning guides here:?:

If necessary, you can use metal polish to restore the inside of your cartridges but it's a long task especially if you have a full magazine of cartridges

Back to top Go down
Chris74
Chris74

PostSubject: Re: Marushin UZI feeding problems   Marushin UZI feeding problems Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2013 3:08 pm

Do the interiors become then not bigger and leaking?
Maybe I should buy new ones...
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Marushin UZI feeding problems   Marushin UZI feeding problems Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2013 3:19 pm

If the cartridges were very badly corroded then it is possible in some cases that cleaning and polishing them smooth again might remove too much metal from inside the case. They would have to be REALLY badly corroded to get to that state though.

New Marushin 9mm UZI/MP40 PFC cartridges are not too expensive to buy. It could be less work to buy new ones and keep them clean after firing them.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Marushin UZI feeding problems   Marushin UZI feeding problems Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Marushin UZI feeding problems
Page 1 of 1