MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Caps for a Hudson Mauser

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11073
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

Caps for a Hudson Mauser Empty
PostSubject: Caps for a Hudson Mauser   Caps for a Hudson Mauser Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2008 9:49 am

Post by artemis

I received a Hudson Mauser M1930 Broomhandle (pics on p.2 of Buy/Sell section) from Francky yesterday. Caps for a Hudson Mauser Icon_biggrin

Compared to the Marushin M712, it’s crude in workmanship and detail. The internal mechanisms are very basic and of poor quality. In short, the pistol looks to be of amateurish manufacture. Caps for a Hudson Mauser Icon_rolleyes

The pistol did not come with any caps. I tried to use my 7mm Marushin cap in the bullet, but the cap's too large. Checking the Japanese manual, I found 5mm mentioned in the pics. Was wondering if either the 5mm MGC or Marushin caps might work on the Hudson Mauser?

Krish
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Caps for a Hudson Mauser   Caps for a Hudson Mauser Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2008 9:50 am

Post by Claymore

are the rounds open rounds or cp style, if they are open ones then they are old rounds that take a paper cap not plastic (my open barrel thompson rounds are like that) if so plastic caps wont fit so unles the gun can be adapted for cp style you will be stuck
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Caps for a Hudson Mauser   Caps for a Hudson Mauser Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2008 9:51 am

Post by artemis

Mark,
the bullet looks the same-albeit slightly smaller-as the Marushin bullet. There is also a little detachable rod like thing inside, instead of the washer that the Marushin comes with.

I'll post a pic this evening. It's frustrating not being able to fire it Caps for a Hudson Mauser Icon_sad

Caps for a Hudson Mauser Bulletcomparison39gc.th
Marushin above and Hudson below.

Caps for a Hudson Mauser Bulletcomparison17eq.th
Hudson(L)
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Caps for a Hudson Mauser   Caps for a Hudson Mauser Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2008 9:52 am

Post by Mark

The Hudson cartridges are like no other manufacurers design and they take some extra care to load correctly.
As you know, the cap sits face up in the cartridges base and the "piston" fits in the cartridge body. Now, the "piston" has to have on it's smaller end, a gasget (typically,Hudson would supply a sheet of orange plastic gasgets that resemble O-rings) to seal in the gasses that would escape past the piston.

It appears that this cartridge takes the Marushin/MGC 5mm caps instead of the 7mm caps.

The "hole" on the Hudson cartridge's side is ment to allow the sparks and gasses to escape from that point so they will show up better at the muzzle and the ejection port.

MGC MP40 Marushin MP40 Nakata MP40 TRC MP40

Modelgun manufacturers, past and present:CMC,CAW,Hudson,HWS,LS,MGC(R.I.P. 1960's~2007) Marushin,Marui,Kokusai,Shoei,Tanaka and Western Arms
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Caps for a Hudson Mauser   Caps for a Hudson Mauser Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2008 9:52 am

Post by artemis

Thanks Mark

Now, what are the chances that my Hudson will break if I use it to fire the caps? Francky said that he wouldn't try to fire it personally due to its age and quality. I for one only bought it so I could fire it. I simply am not interested in keeping it as a replica.

So, will it blow up when I fire or not is the question!?
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Caps for a Hudson Mauser   Caps for a Hudson Mauser Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2008 9:53 am

Post by Claymore

If Francky does not reccomend it then it will probably break, the 5mm caps are as powerfull as the 7mm i think so i dont think the problem would be the power of the cap but the age of the gun.
Thats the trouble with the older models there have been a number of older models i would of liked to of picked up but a lot are in a bad condition some are not blowback and many only take open round and paper cap and cannot (without serious playiong about with) be converted to cp rounds.
At the end of the day all these modelguns break somewhere in the end but parts are available for the a lot, see if Francky get get any spares for the model then if it does break you will be OK.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Caps for a Hudson Mauser   Caps for a Hudson Mauser Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Caps for a Hudson Mauser
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
MP40's Modelguns Forum :: Modelgun Caps, Cartridges and Magazines-
Jump to: