MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

KSC Beretta M93R - Broken Firing Pin Repair

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11073
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

KSC Beretta M93R - Broken Firing Pin Repair Empty
PostSubject: KSC Beretta M93R - Broken Firing Pin Repair   KSC Beretta M93R - Broken Firing Pin Repair Icon_minitimeSun May 26, 2013 4:46 pm

Upgraded / Repaired Firing Pin - KSC Beretta M93R
We've known for a long time that the KSC Beretta M93R has a major weak spot, namely the plastic firing pin that strikes the cartridge. In time, the pin will break eventually but if the hammer's dropped once too often when the gun is not loaded the plastic pin will snap off without much provocation.
The answer is to replace the plastic pin with a metal one. 8ace, being the craftsman that he is, sorted mine out like this:
When the firig block has been removed from the slide, it can be dismantled by gently levering off the boltface which is lightly glued in. The stripped block looks like this:-

KSC Beretta M93R - Broken Firing Pin Repair FiringBlockStrippedBrokenPin_zpsc6aa64f4
Note the short black plastic remains of the original pin, 2nd part from the Right side. Fortunately I'd recovered the broken part after it flew out of the gun so 8ace knew how long the new pin should be.
A new pin was made from titanium and assembled into the block. The bolt face was then re-glued in position and left to dry for a couple of days to make sure it set.
After re-assembling the gun, it fires perfectly again. This titanium pin should outlive the gun now Very Happy
My thanks to 8ace, without whom I'd own an expensive pile of non-working and broken modelguns. You're a Star 'ace cheers

Hobby collector of Replica model guns and Militaria.
also member of Living History Reenactment Groups.
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net

KSC Beretta M93R - Broken Firing Pin Repair
Page 1 of 1