MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Import Model Guns from HK to Germany

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
cosmitron
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast
cosmitron

Number of posts : 175
Location / Country : Germany
Registration date : 2013-08-30

Import Model Guns from HK to Germany Empty
PostSubject: Import Model Guns from HK to Germany   Import Model Guns from HK to Germany Icon_minitimeTue Sep 03, 2013 10:55 pm

It's the very first time I order a Model Gun (Marushin S&W M586 kit) from outside of EU. So I was wondering if any of german forum members ever did that before and if the customs could keep it for any reason.
Back to top Go down
Pydracor
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast

Number of posts : 169
Registration date : 2008-09-10

PostSubject: Re: Import Model Guns from HK to Germany   Import Model Guns from HK to Germany Icon_minitimeWed Sep 04, 2013 8:01 am

Ok, I could write this in german, as I guess that noone besides german people is interested in this, but as we are in an international forum, I'll stick to english Smile
Feel free to contact me via pm Wink

I haven't imported anything in the past 2 years or so, but I'm pretty sure, that nothing has changed.
I have imported several airsoft guns into Germany and the course of action for modelguns is pretty much the same, just without the seal of approval from the national firing proof house (really seems to be the english term for "Beschussamt" Smile).

You have to visit the public servant who is responsible for firearms regulation at your local regulatory agency (also der Typ, der bei deinem zuständigen Ordnungsamt für Waffen und Jagd zuständig ist).
Make an appointment and talk to him about the planned import. The guy at my regulatory agency was pretty open to stuff like that, but I guess, you have to be lucky here.
It is entirely at that guy's discretion if you get the permission to import a gun or not! This is something I never understood in our country: Everything is regulated to death, but in some cases (customs is another example for this), they leave the decisions entirely to a single person.

I asked him about modelguns and he had absolutely no problem to hand out an import-permission for such a replica.
The permission costs about 10 - 12 € and is a single sheet. You can scan this and send it to the seller of the modelgun in HK. Tell him to put it on top of the modelgun inside the package or in an envelope attached to the box.
As I stated above: Customs have plenty of rope and can still seize this for an official check if they suspect something illegal going on (after all, you could still try to get a realsteel gun into Germany with a modelgun-permission), but chances for this are slim.

So far, everything I have imported has arrived safe and sound.
Back to top Go down
cosmitron
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast
cosmitron

PostSubject: Re: Import Model Guns from HK to Germany   Import Model Guns from HK to Germany Icon_minitimeWed Sep 04, 2013 8:17 am

Thanks for your answer! (in fact I'm a french dude who lives in germany since last january- still learning German language. So your English answer is much appreciated! Smile )
So if I understand it right, I have to visit the public servant BEFORE I import anything?
The model gun is at the customs right now. Hope it's not too late! Sad
Back to top Go down
Pydracor
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: Import Model Guns from HK to Germany   Import Model Guns from HK to Germany Icon_minitimeWed Sep 04, 2013 8:23 am

Oh, so you just imported it without any documents?
Ah well, there still is a chance, that they let it through. Chances are higher, if it's made out of plastic - is that the case with the S&W?

I'd still contact the public servant at the regulatory agency as soon as possible. It will certainly help to wave around the import permission to get the gun out of custom's hands quicker, in case they really have seized it.
Back to top Go down
cosmitron
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast
cosmitron

PostSubject: Re: Import Model Guns from HK to Germany   Import Model Guns from HK to Germany Icon_minitimeWed Sep 04, 2013 8:29 am

Yes! My mistake! :/
The Marushin is made of ABS parts and Zamak. And it's a kit. I just hope they'll see it's not harmful.
And yes I will give the regulatory agency (how do you say it in German?) a call asap!

According to the tracking, the Marushin is in the importzentrum since monday. No movement or whatsoever since.
Back to top Go down
Pydracor
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: Import Model Guns from HK to Germany   Import Model Guns from HK to Germany Icon_minitimeWed Sep 04, 2013 9:49 am

A kit, that's good, this will raise the chances, that customs will not seize it Smile

The german term is Ordnungsamt.
Where do you live? Maybe I can help, if you are still learning german.
Back to top Go down
cosmitron
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast
cosmitron

PostSubject: Re: Import Model Guns from HK to Germany   Import Model Guns from HK to Germany Icon_minitimeWed Sep 04, 2013 10:01 am

You helped a lot already!
I live in Berlin.
BTW I also wanna order model guns from England. Do I also have to do the same procedures?
Back to top Go down
MadMike
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
MadMike

Number of posts : 647
Location / Country : Germany (Stuttgart)
Registration date : 2008-08-06

PostSubject: Re: Import Model Guns from HK to Germany   Import Model Guns from HK to Germany Icon_minitimeWed Sep 04, 2013 10:05 am

As far as I know you do not have to have the permission for importing when it is a modelgun. Other than an Airsoft gun (which fires a projectile), a modelgun is not within the German Gun Law, so it is free to own and import. It is not regarded a blank gun too (blank guns should not be imported as the regulations for them are strict too).

Sadly customs tend to open and check every parcel, except small ones. If the officer is not sure what it is and if it is legal (which is almost always the case), the "gun" will be sent to inspection. This will take a few weeks until you get a note that you can collect it from customs. I had that happen to me.

Kits should not be aproblem, but I have heard that customs used to send Marushin UZI, MP40 and M16 kits to testing on a regular basis. A friend of mine had to wait 6 months until he got his M16 kit ...

It is likely that you will have to pay tax too.
Back to top Go down
Pydracor
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: Import Model Guns from HK to Germany   Import Model Guns from HK to Germany Icon_minitimeWed Sep 04, 2013 12:13 pm

Ah, well then, maybe I was overly careful with the import permission then Smile I thought it was necessary as I came from the airsoft scene to modelguns.

Also, modelguns still are considered by some a bit of a "gray area" (also due to rumors, that the firecaps fall under "explosive substance"-law), even though not as much as it was the case several years ago. While they really are legal, it is pretty likely, that a custom officer knows veeeery little about them Wink

Thus, I'd probably still do it with such a permission, if only to prevent customs from sending the gun off to check if it's legal. Maybe you could circumvent those 6 months waiting times that way Wink
Back to top Go down
cosmitron
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast
cosmitron

PostSubject: Re: Import Model Guns from HK to Germany   Import Model Guns from HK to Germany Icon_minitimeWed Sep 04, 2013 2:13 pm

Thanks for your inputs gentlemen.
I've called DHL and they said everything was fine so far, just got to wait a couple of days to have further information. I will still go to the Ordnungsamt just for peace of mind and to make sure I can speed things up if necessary.
Back to top Go down
MadMike
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
MadMike

PostSubject: Re: Import Model Guns from HK to Germany   Import Model Guns from HK to Germany Icon_minitimeTue Sep 17, 2013 8:31 am

Hello Cosmitron!

Did you receive your model yet? Any problems with customs? Any taxes to pay?
Back to top Go down
cosmitron
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast
cosmitron

PostSubject: Re: Import Model Guns from HK to Germany   Import Model Guns from HK to Germany Icon_minitimeTue Sep 17, 2013 10:03 am

Hey Madmike! I took it at the Zollamt (customs) yesterday and the people there freaked out. But They finally saw it was harmless! Got the average 17% of taxes to pay for Spielzeug (toys). So it's still worth the pain.

I tried to put it up yesterday but struggled with the mechanism which for some reason only works (in a very clumsy way) if you pull the hammer back. Single action does not work... yet?
The latch system seems weak and just go back to lock

Should I use grease or something any suggestions?
Back to top Go down
MadMike
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
MadMike

PostSubject: Re: Import Model Guns from HK to Germany   Import Model Guns from HK to Germany Icon_minitimeTue Sep 17, 2013 10:17 am

Thanks for the update! I am happy to hear your hassle was still acceptable. I have seen custom agents freaking out on modelguns myself ...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Import Model Guns from HK to Germany   Import Model Guns from HK to Germany Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Import Model Guns from HK to Germany
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
MP40's Modelguns Forum :: Modelgun General Discussion-
Jump to: