MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

XM177 E2 other handguard

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
bricolillo

Number of posts : 16
Location / Country : france
Registration date : 2012-11-24

XM177 E2 other handguard Empty
PostSubject: XM177 E2 other handguard   XM177 E2 other handguard Icon_minitimeSat Nov 16, 2013 9:55 am

hi everybody!
Sorry, my english language is very bad!
I have a XM177E2 marushin modelgun.
I'd like to put an aluminium handguard and buttstock.
Do you know if it's possible to put handguard and buttstock for airsoft gun on my modelgun?
and where can i find it?
Thank you
Back to top Go down
cosmitron
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast
cosmitron

Number of posts : 175
Location / Country : Germany
Registration date : 2013-08-30

PostSubject: Re: XM177 E2 other handguard   XM177 E2 other handguard Icon_minitimeSat Nov 16, 2013 10:13 am

I'm not sure but I'd say if you find the same model, same brand but airsoft version, chances are they would use the same molds for most parts.
If it's not the same brand then it's hard to tell but I wouldn't bet on it.
Back to top Go down
Horsemarine
Horsemarine

Number of posts : 28
Location / Country : Cork/Ireland
Registration date : 2012-10-22

PostSubject: Re: XM177 E2 other handguard   XM177 E2 other handguard Icon_minitimeSat Nov 16, 2013 2:35 pm

Bienvenue Bricalillo.

I fitted Magpul MOE buttstock, handguards and pistol grip to my Marushin XM177E2. These were made for real AR15 guns but fitted with no problems except for a very little filing on the handguards. I'm sure Marushing airsoft furniture would also fit, but I would not expect the same from other brands.

Back to top Go down
bricolillo

PostSubject: Re: XM177 E2 other handguard   XM177 E2 other handguard Icon_minitimeSat Nov 16, 2013 5:04 pm

Ok
You think that marushin modelgun dimensions are the same that the real gun ?
Thank you very much, i'll follow this way
Back to top Go down
Horsemarine
Horsemarine

Number of posts : 28
Location / Country : Cork/Ireland
Registration date : 2012-10-22

PostSubject: Re: XM177 E2 other handguard   XM177 E2 other handguard Icon_minitimeSat Nov 16, 2013 11:34 pm

So far as I can tell, the handguards are " carbine length", the pistol grip fits perfectly and the buffer tube is " mil-spec". The " commercial" buffer tube is a slightly different shape and size, so only a mil-spec buttstock will fit. As I mentioned, the Magpul fittings were perfect, except that I had to de a little filing on the handguards. It took about half an hour.
Back to top Go down
bricolillo

PostSubject: Re: XM177 E2 other handguard   XM177 E2 other handguard Icon_minitimeSun Nov 17, 2013 8:28 am

Thank you very much!
Back to top Go down
MadMike
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
MadMike

Number of posts : 647
Location / Country : Germany (Stuttgart)
Registration date : 2008-08-06

PostSubject: Re: XM177 E2 other handguard   XM177 E2 other handguard Icon_minitimeWed Dec 18, 2013 11:29 am

I have just read this thread. I have to say that the dimensions on the Marushin models and on real M-16s/AR-15s are not the same. I think Japanese laws require this slight difference.

This said you can use a real mil-spec M4 stock on your Marushin XM177E2 receiver extension (stock tube), but the Marushin tube is thinner than a real one, so the stock will wobble. You can help this by gluing a felt-pad inside the stock (on top neat the front end).

Diameter of the milspec is 1.14" and commercial is 1.17". So a commercial stock will even wobble more.

Real hand guards fit, but you may have to adjust the barrel lenght a little by unscrewing it. The retaining ring is a little thinner, so you may have to remove some plastic with a file or sand paper, but this is not abig thing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: XM177 E2 other handguard   XM177 E2 other handguard Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

XM177 E2 other handguard
Page 1 of 1