MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Finally I have removed the gold finish from Marushin Luger

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
joshephliu

Number of posts : 36
Location / Country : PRC
Registration date : 2011-10-20

Finally I have removed the gold finish from Marushin Luger Empty
PostSubject: Finally I have removed the gold finish from Marushin Luger   Finally I have removed the gold finish from Marushin Luger Icon_minitimeThu Dec 26, 2013 1:50 pm

Finally I have removed the gold finish from Marushin Luger Large_13
Back to top Go down
Jeppo
Jeppo

Number of posts : 44
Location / Country : Stockholm/Sweden
Registration date : 2010-05-14

PostSubject: Re: Finally I have removed the gold finish from Marushin Luger   Finally I have removed the gold finish from Marushin Luger Icon_minitimeThu Dec 26, 2013 3:31 pm

Wow! Looks great! Great job!

Jeppo
Back to top Go down
joshephliu

PostSubject: Re: Finally I have removed the gold finish from Marushin Luger   Finally I have removed the gold finish from Marushin Luger Icon_minitimeThu Dec 26, 2013 4:07 pm

Jeppo wrote:
Wow! Looks great! Great job!

Jeppo

Do you think a slide from a real Luger would fit on the receiver of this modelgun, my friend?
Back to top Go down
josh676
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast

Number of posts : 180
Location / Country : Australia
Registration date : 2012-05-14

PostSubject: Re: Finally I have removed the gold finish from Marushin Luger   Finally I have removed the gold finish from Marushin Luger Icon_minitimeFri Dec 27, 2013 3:04 am

How did you do it?
Back to top Go down
joshephliu

PostSubject: Re: Finally I have removed the gold finish from Marushin Luger   Finally I have removed the gold finish from Marushin Luger Icon_minitimeFri Dec 27, 2013 7:27 pm

josh676 wrote:
How did you do it?

I removed the gold finish by 3M Microfine. It was pretty easy to remove, but the gold finish in corners was not. Just had to spend time doing it.

Then I disassembled the gun and re-blued it by the same blue liquid for real guns. But I found that it was not easy to get the colour stay there by the process of re-blueing a real gun, maybe because the material was not steel. It was better to put every piece fully into the liquid until it turns to be the colour that you want. Then take them out, put into cold clean water, and wipe out. Then applying the storage oil for real guns on every piece. Leaving them for a night. Then reassembling the gun.

Hope it will help you.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Finally I have removed the gold finish from Marushin Luger   Finally I have removed the gold finish from Marushin Luger Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Finally I have removed the gold finish from Marushin Luger
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
MP40's Modelguns Forum :: Modelgun General Discussion-
Jump to: