MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Thinking outside the box - Marushin spare parts

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
stumpy_ned
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast

Number of posts : 87
Location / Country : UK
Registration date : 2012-04-21

Thinking outside the box - Marushin spare parts Empty
PostSubject: Thinking outside the box - Marushin spare parts   Thinking outside the box - Marushin spare parts Icon_minitimeFri Feb 14, 2014 11:30 am

Having a bit of a hard time finding any spares for the Marushin M16A1 so have decided to try something different.

Luckily, I already have most of the major parts and just need the small fiddly things like springs, screws, c-clips etc.

I think an M6 dog point socket grub screw http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/M3-M4-M5-M6-M8-M10-Dog-Point-Socket-Grub-Screws-14-9-Self-Colour-Various-Lengths-/281108520613?pt=UK_DIY_Material_Nails_Fixing_MJ&var=&hash=item41735f9ea5 will be a good alternative for part 75, that little bit that sits in front of the buffer tube, as shown in the very last picture of smootik's thread - https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net/t2897-marushin-xm177e2-kit-first-time-assembly#17972

Springs and roll pins will be sourced via ebay. Have found several with the right diameters but not the exact length, but can cut down to size easy enough.

Roll pins, same again.

Det pin and selector switch is the only major part I need. Anyone know if an airsoft part is identical for use?

Can someone be kind enough and take some measurements of their M16A1 or XM1775 det pin for me? Failing that I might try and source a bit of 4mm or 5mm OD steel tubing, tap one end and screw it into the breach in the same fashion as the Marushin det pin. With it being a tubelar det pin, might get a bit more bang and flash as well.

Unless someone would be interested in making and selling me one?
Back to top Go down
claymore
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist

Number of posts : 1232
Location / Country : London
Registration date : 2008-09-07

PostSubject: Re: Thinking outside the box - Marushin spare parts   Thinking outside the box - Marushin spare parts Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 10:46 am

i think we have had it on spares for these now as marushin dont seem interested in doing any, same problem for the MP40. So you are right from now on making parts or finding a subsistute will be the only way. As for airsoft parts i think some may well fit might need a little adjustment but i think they will work, just a matter of trawling the airsoft shops and seeing which looks th closest to the marushin, there are loads of spare bits for m16 m4 so should be something.
Back to top Go down
stumpy_ned
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast

Number of posts : 87
Location / Country : UK
Registration date : 2012-04-21

PostSubject: Re: Thinking outside the box - Marushin spare parts   Thinking outside the box - Marushin spare parts Icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2014 11:33 am

Just like to say a big thank you to 8ace for working on a replacement selector switch for my M16 kit build and kickback for being kind enough to donate a spare non marushin part that 8ace was able to modify.

Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy  cheerscheerscheerscheerscheerscheers

After seeing a few pics on model gun collector showing their own Marushin XM modded to resemble an M4, I may switch from my intended M655 project to an M4 based project instead.
Back to top Go down
smootik
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
smootik

Number of posts : 1823
Location / Country : Poland
Registration date : 2009-03-03

PostSubject: Re: Thinking outside the box - Marushin spare parts   Thinking outside the box - Marushin spare parts Icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2014 2:04 pm

8ace is a saviour of many modelguns and kickback truly is that helping hand :-)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thinking outside the box - Marushin spare parts   Thinking outside the box - Marushin spare parts Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Thinking outside the box - Marushin spare parts
Page 1 of 1