MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Wanted - MGC Sterling Front Sling Loop/Ring or Receiver End Cap

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Zartan

Number of posts : 51
Location / Country : Vancouver, Canada
Registration date : 2010-11-17

Wanted - MGC Sterling Front Sling Loop/Ring or Receiver End Cap Empty
PostSubject: Wanted - MGC Sterling Front Sling Loop/Ring or Receiver End Cap   Wanted - MGC Sterling Front Sling Loop/Ring or Receiver End Cap Icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2014 4:51 am

FOUND ONE, DELETE

I know that the loop isn't a piece that goes missing often but my front sling loop is missing as the bracket must of bent back allowing it to fall out.  I believe the front/rear loops are the same size.  A receiver end cap with loop/ring would also do if you have one.

I've looked into finding one off a real sterling but from what I can tell the real ones only had the loop on the back and the front sling clip was just clipped into a hole in the outer perforated barrel cover.  

Thanks.

Last edited by Zartan on Sat Jan 02, 2016 9:04 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
claymore
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist

Number of posts : 1233
Location / Country : London
Registration date : 2008-09-07

PostSubject: Re: Wanted - MGC Sterling Front Sling Loop/Ring or Receiver End Cap   Wanted - MGC Sterling Front Sling Loop/Ring or Receiver End Cap Icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2014 12:01 pm

I carrried the real thing for yrs and it had no front sling hoop (no-ones did) so sling connected through the barrel shroud.
Back to top Go down
metradio
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast
metradio

Number of posts : 68
Location / Country : Slough, Berkshire, UK
Registration date : 2008-09-11

PostSubject: Re: Wanted - MGC Sterling Front Sling Loop/Ring or Receiver End Cap   Wanted - MGC Sterling Front Sling Loop/Ring or Receiver End Cap Icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2014 1:09 pm

There were differences between the British and Canadian versions of the Sterling, The British did not have a front sling loop but had bayonet fittings, the Canadian had a front sling loop but no no bayonet fittings.

Mike
Back to top Go down
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/HT600E
Zartan

Number of posts : 51
Location / Country : Vancouver, Canada
Registration date : 2010-11-17

PostSubject: Re: Wanted - MGC Sterling Front Sling Loop/Ring or Receiver End Cap   Wanted - MGC Sterling Front Sling Loop/Ring or Receiver End Cap Icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2014 8:25 pm

Yeah, it's based on the Canadian C1 type SMG like the box says.

http://www.modelguns.co.uk/images/sterlingmgc1.jpg

There are very few photo's of the real steel up on the web and none that show the side of the front sling mount.  There are a bunch of differences other than the sling mount between British/Canadian Sterlings.
Back to top Go down
metradio
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast
metradio

Number of posts : 68
Location / Country : Slough, Berkshire, UK
Registration date : 2008-09-11

PostSubject: Re: Wanted - MGC Sterling Front Sling Loop/Ring or Receiver End Cap   Wanted - MGC Sterling Front Sling Loop/Ring or Receiver End Cap Icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2014 8:51 pm

Despite the differences both versions were guaranteed to:
1.Get all tangled up in Camo Netting.
2.Whilst kneeling over a wounded man it would slide off the medics shoulder and smack him in the face :-(

I am sure Claymore could thing of some more :-)
Back to top Go down
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/HT600E
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wanted - MGC Sterling Front Sling Loop/Ring or Receiver End Cap   Wanted - MGC Sterling Front Sling Loop/Ring or Receiver End Cap Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wanted - MGC Sterling Front Sling Loop/Ring or Receiver End Cap
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
MP40's Modelguns Forum :: Buy / Sell Modelguns/ Parts / Cartridges-
Jump to: