MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Model guns made in Japan

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
broomie
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast

Number of posts : 92
Location / Country : United Kingdom
Registration date : 2014-04-13

Model guns made in Japan Empty
PostSubject: Model guns made in Japan   Model guns made in Japan Icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2014 7:11 pm

Hi everyone,
Just thought someone out there might be interested in a fraction of the model guns accumulated here (not sure how much they are worth) they are some of the rarest  Question  And thanks to a buddy in Japan as well as others in the US, France, UK etc ...
Model guns made in Japan Browni10
Model guns made in Japan Browni11
Model guns made in Japan Cheeta10

There are lots more but I fear I might send the site crashing  Laughing 
Broomie

Last edited by Cerwyn on Wed Apr 30, 2014 4:53 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Duplicated photos deleted)
Back to top Go down
broomie
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast

PostSubject: Strange ... ???   Model guns made in Japan Icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2014 7:15 pm

Something went dreadfully wrong with uploading the pics ??? Here goes ...
Model guns made in Japan Colt_t12
Model guns made in Japan Colt_t13
Model guns made in Japan Detect11
Model guns made in Japan Detect12
Back to top Go down
broomie
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast

PostSubject: More model guns   Model guns made in Japan Icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2014 7:25 pm

Model guns made in Japan Kingco11
Model guns made in Japan King_c10
Model guns made in Japan Sw_m1712
Model guns made in Japan M1917l11
Model guns made in Japan Sw_m1010
Model guns made in Japan Sw_m1011
Model guns made in Japan Sw_m3910
Model guns made in Japan Sw_m3911
Model guns made in Japan Sw_m5910
Model guns made in Japan Sw_m6010
Model guns made in Japan Sw_m6011
Back to top Go down
mystikchepas
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast

Number of posts : 139
Location / Country : France
Registration date : 2013-05-15

PostSubject: Re: Model guns made in Japan   Model guns made in Japan Icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2014 8:13 pm

Nice collection  Cool 
Back to top Go down
broomie
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: Model guns made in Japan   Model guns made in Japan Icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2014 8:20 pm

Here's a couple more for the traditionalists ...
Model guns made in Japan Colt_w10
Model guns made in Japan Colt_w11
Model guns made in Japan Enfiel10
Model guns made in Japan Enfiel11
Thanks everyone, it's been great.
Broomie
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11075
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

PostSubject: Re: Model guns made in Japan   Model guns made in Japan Icon_minitimeWed Apr 30, 2014 9:16 am

Very nice  Very Happy 
Your photos are really good too, very professional looking.
Please keep them coming  Wink 

Hobby collector of Replica model guns and Militaria.
also member of Living History Reenactment Groups.
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
broomie
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: Model guns made in Japan   Model guns made in Japan Icon_minitimeWed Apr 30, 2014 3:50 pm

Hi Cerwyn,
Thanks for the thumbs up, the pics were taken by my older brother - he's into photography and is a graphics designer - who was also the creator of Robbie Williams' "Rock DJ" video  Very Happy 
He is an avid model gun & airsoft collector, he is well recognised in France where he lives , if we were to post all his collection on this site I am afraid we would cause the site to crash  Crying or Very sad 
Will try to upload other model guns at some point later, cheers.  Smile 
Broomie
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Model guns made in Japan   Model guns made in Japan Icon_minitimeWed Apr 30, 2014 5:04 pm

Hi broomie

Your brother certainly knows how to handle a camera Exclamation 
Is he a Forum member by any chance Question I know of one French Graphic Designer that joined us some time ago.
If he is not the same gent. then he is more than welcome to join us  Very Happy 

I took the liberty of deleting the duplicated photos on your first post, I trust that's OK with you.

Please carry on posting as many photos as you like, we all enjoy seeing good photos of modelguns   Wink 

Till later

Back to top Go down
broomie
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: Model guns made in Japan   Model guns made in Japan Icon_minitimeWed Apr 30, 2014 5:28 pm

Hi Cerwyn,
No problem at all with duplicating the pics , my brother would only be too happy  Very Happy 
Yes, he is a member of "France Airsoft" but I will have to ask for his username to be sure we are on the same page  Question 
I have already asked him for more pics of his collection but I am afraid he has too many airsofts which may not be suitable for this Model Gun forum  Shocked  Oh, he also has a MGC68 MP40 and it's virtually brand new despite its age  Razz He's more of a collector than a re-enactor  Crying or Very sad 
Below is another pic of his all-metal Colt Trooper , the others are all made of ABS with some metal parts. I will see if I can ask him for some pics of something unusual and not the usual run-of-the-mill stuff. I know he is getting a replica (airsoft ?) Borchardt from Japan soon, apparently it comes cased and with a stock etc ...
Broomie
Model guns made in Japan Colt_t14
Back to top Go down
lampwick
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master
lampwick

Number of posts : 359
Location / Country : UK
Registration date : 2008-09-11

PostSubject: Re: Model guns made in Japan   Model guns made in Japan Icon_minitimeWed Apr 30, 2014 5:57 pm

Is the first S&W with the shrouded hammer an 'AirWeight'? I'd like to see some more pics of that. Is it full metal?
Back to top Go down
broomie
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: Model guns made in Japan   Model guns made in Japan Icon_minitimeWed Apr 30, 2014 6:23 pm

Hi Lampwick,
I believe my friend John Wiffen (aka Replibond) knows you ? Small world  Very Happy 
No, the S&W Bodyguard is made of ABS with some metal parts. It's not a copy of the Airweight, I did have a deact of an Airweight at one time but sold it  Crying or Very sad 
I believe the only guns pictured above that are metal are the Trooper and the MGC Colt Detective Special in double action only - the latter came from the US  Smile 
I wrongly stated earlier that the only all-metal model gun was the Trooper, didn't mean to mislead folks  Embarassed 
Broomie
Back to top Go down
lampwick
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master
lampwick

Number of posts : 359
Location / Country : UK
Registration date : 2008-09-11

PostSubject: Re: Model guns made in Japan   Model guns made in Japan Icon_minitimeWed Apr 30, 2014 6:30 pm

Thanks for clearing that up Broomie. I thought that I was facing a long costly bidding battle to get that from you if it was all metal. John and I go back more years than I care to remember. I spoke to him last week about 'back in the day' and it brought back a lot of good memories.
Back to top Go down
broomie
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: Model guns made in Japan   Model guns made in Japan Icon_minitimeWed Apr 30, 2014 9:38 pm

Hi Lampwick,
Why don't you buy a deactivated Airweight , I think they are still around  Question  I have a deact (not Airweight but a Bodyguard in brushed stainless) which comes with its Pachmayr grips as well as a set of real ivory grips but it's not suitable to have its pics posted here, nor is it for sale - sorry Crying or Very sad 
Broomie
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Model guns made in Japan   Model guns made in Japan Icon_minitimeThu May 01, 2014 9:08 am

Hi broomie,

the Forum does cater for shell-ejecting and Gas BlowBack Airsoft guns so if your brother and yourself own some of those then please post 'em up

The MGC68 MP40 would certainly be one to post up. The Forum also has a Register of the MGC68 MP40 as they all have different serial numbers. If your brother and yourself would like to record yours on there it'll add another two examples. The register gives details of early and late production changes to the model too making it a little easier to establish which version the model is.

Thanks very much for your posts  Very Happy 

Back to top Go down
broomie
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: Model guns made in Japan   Model guns made in Japan Icon_minitimeThu May 01, 2014 3:47 pm

Hi Cerwyn,
Thanks a bunch for clarifying. I have already asked my brother and am awaiting for more pics from him  Very Happy 
If they are airsofts I will post the pics under a different category  Smile As for the MGC68 MP40 I will continue this thread as soon as the pics come through  Smile 
I can only promise there will be a lot, lot  Exclamation Just be prepared ...
Broomie
Back to top Go down
broomie
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: Model guns made in Japan   Model guns made in Japan Icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2014 3:07 am

Hi everyone,
Sorry about the delay in posting new pics, the next lot will be in approx 10 days when my brother gets back from Canada with his other half  - they are on holiday at the moment Crying or Very sad 
There will be some pics of a MGC MP40 with serial number from his collection. I will also start a new thread on pics of his airsoft collection and electric guns (not too many of the latter I hope - these are mainly full autos assault rifles & SMGs I think)  Smile 
Maybe it's better to post one big pic of his gunroom otherwise it would take forever  Crying or Very sad 
Broomie
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Model guns made in Japan   Model guns made in Japan Icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2014 10:13 am

Sounds like the photos will be well worth waiting for broomie  Very Happy 

Strictly speaking, electric guns aren't covered by this Forum unless they are shell-ejecting.
GBB Airsoft guns are a type that we decided to include a few years ago because they were becoming more realistic.
Your brother must have been collecting for several years. His gun room sounds like Aladdin's Cave  Shocked   

Back to top Go down
broomie
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: Model guns made in Japan   Model guns made in Japan Icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2014 5:53 pm

Hi Cerwyn,
Well, I guess you could say my brother likes his toys , and thankfully his wife tolerates his hobby  Laughing 
I have just posted some pics in the GBB airsoft category , some are duplicates of his model guns but they are airsofts. The pics are saved on his laptop, I can only surmise they are his favourites  Question 
He has promised to take detail photos of his MGC68 MP40 when he gets home  Exclamation 
Cheers and thanks for looking,
Broomie
Back to top Go down
broomie
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: Model guns made in Japan   Model guns made in Japan Icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2014 10:57 pm

These 2 are all metal MGC model guns - the Colt Detective Special is in double action only  Question  Bothe came from the USA.
Model guns made in Japan Coltpo10
I will post some of the other vintage MGC guns I have, however I think they are nothing unusual other than that they were made a long time ago and were bought from Jenny's in the Gunmart about 10 years ago ? These are the S&W Mod 19 in 4" and the snubnose version, a S&W Chief Special and a Colt Python in 4" with the usual broken hammer spur  Crying or Very sad  Where can I get a replacement hammer anyone  Question 
Broomie
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Model guns made in Japan   Model guns made in Japan Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Model guns made in Japan
Page 1 of 1