MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

FOR SALE: MGC Heavyweight M4A1 and lots of carts!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Vyking

Number of posts : 73
Location / Country : UK
Registration date : 2012-05-17

FOR SALE: MGC Heavyweight M4A1 and lots of carts! Empty
PostSubject: FOR SALE: MGC Heavyweight M4A1 and lots of carts!   FOR SALE: MGC Heavyweight M4A1 and lots of carts! Icon_minitimeTue May 06, 2014 6:37 pm

Hi all,

After much consideration I have decided to sell my M4A1. I bought it for work and it's been a bit too fiddly to rely on on set so I've been using GBBs instead.

I bought this second hand but it had only been fired a few times and just needed a clean. The only problem was the rear loop for the receiver pin had broken but I have since glued it back and it works fine- needs a little bit of force/gentle hammer to remove but doesn't affect cycling or appearance.

Now, on to the biggie, I have many carts for this, roughly 150, approximately 90 of which are new and unfired. Most of the unfired ones are the old type that need a used cap to act as a seal but I do have some MGC inners with broken or old o-rings that can be refurbished. Also included will be the original box, with some wear but generally good condition all round.

Ideally looking for a UK sale but obviously whoever pays postage will get preference as long as you give me instructions as to how to send it legally.

I'm looking for £280 plus postage or a sensible offer. PM or email me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FOR SALE: MGC Heavyweight M4A1 and lots of carts!   FOR SALE: MGC Heavyweight M4A1 and lots of carts! Icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2014 2:56 am

And I sold my Marushin 1911 model gun because I thought it would be too unreliable on set...I can't even begin to imagine how lucky you would have to be to even get a good shot of 5 carts fired successfully with a PFC assault rifle. In your case you have a lot of cartridges so it might have worked (guns tend to jam and malfunction when the cameras are rolling lol) Blank guns are the most reliable, shell ejecting airsoft come in second.
Back to top Go down
JohnnyV
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
JohnnyV

Number of posts : 552
Location / Country : Cambridgeshire UK
Registration date : 2009-08-24

PostSubject: Re: FOR SALE: MGC Heavyweight M4A1 and lots of carts!   FOR SALE: MGC Heavyweight M4A1 and lots of carts! Icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2014 2:11 pm

Hi
Got to stick my pennies worth in here Smile

There are a huge amount of modelguns used in films, yes less now, but still very common.
The Japanese film industry is not small, and they managed for years! ( I am going to start another thread were we can share over time for fun any films using / that have used modelguns )

The Key with modelguns is to understand that they are NOT guns, they, just like real firearms, require the users to understand the finer points of their operation. I have a number of customers in other countries with even tighter laws than ours who swear by them.
One of the best quotes from a film maker to myself was:
"I dont expect to be able to use the more complex models without training anymore than I expect you to direct a movie or use the camaras without training".

Blank firers are great (if visual realism is not required), great big bang, easy (ish) to use!
For non firing close ups (where you dont want to pay the huge price for an armourer) I think its hard to beat modelguns!
Sold one where the requirement was for a guy to sit under a lamp and field strip a gun put it together then shoot himself in one take, perfect modelgun work !!
Its horses for courses as we say in the UK, but they can work well  cheers 
Back to top Go down
Vyking

PostSubject: Re: FOR SALE: MGC Heavyweight M4A1 and lots of carts!   FOR SALE: MGC Heavyweight M4A1 and lots of carts! Icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2014 11:14 pm

I love my collection of Tanaka handguns and use them a lot and my MGC Thompson works great, but the M4 just doesn't cut the mustard when compared with a WE open-bolt, plus with MGC being defunct spare parts arent the easiest to come by. If I had the money I'd buy some TK M4s and use those.. but airsofts are easier to customise and cheaper.

Love blank-firers and if/when I get my Section 5 I'll still use modelguns for the closeups but for now the M4 is for sale, I've had some good shoots out of it but think it deserves a better home.

JohnnyV - good quote, I'm a cheap armourer and the things I've seen people try and do with a simple break-action shotgun let alone an assault rifle would make you cringe.
Back to top Go down
JohnnyV
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
JohnnyV

Number of posts : 552
Location / Country : Cambridgeshire UK
Registration date : 2009-08-24

PostSubject: Re: FOR SALE: MGC Heavyweight M4A1 and lots of carts!   FOR SALE: MGC Heavyweight M4A1 and lots of carts! Icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2014 11:28 pm

Hi Vyking
No offence meant on price Smile I was talking abouty the section 5 armourers   FOR SALE: MGC Heavyweight M4A1 and lots of carts! 3632253013 
When you get that your prices can go up Cool

And in truth agreed the PFC assualt rifles are pigs sometimes, But I like pigs Twisted Evil though not as much as sheep Twisted Evil lol! 
Back to top Go down
Vyking

PostSubject: Re: FOR SALE: MGC Heavyweight M4A1 and lots of carts!   FOR SALE: MGC Heavyweight M4A1 and lots of carts! Icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2014 1:25 pm

SOLD. Mods please close.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FOR SALE: MGC Heavyweight M4A1 and lots of carts!   FOR SALE: MGC Heavyweight M4A1 and lots of carts! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

FOR SALE: MGC Heavyweight M4A1 and lots of carts!
Page 1 of 1