MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hudson AK47 ( late pattern ) cartridges ?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
phobus
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master
phobus

Number of posts : 275
Location / Country : Leeds
Registration date : 2008-10-21

Hudson AK47 ( late pattern ) cartridges ? Empty
PostSubject: Hudson AK47 ( late pattern ) cartridges ?   Hudson AK47 ( late pattern ) cartridges ? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 08, 2014 3:55 am

Hi guys

Long shot ( ahem ) I know but looking for a few later pattern Hudson AK brass rounds .

I have about 20 but would love nearer to a full magazine if anyone can help ?

I have interesting trades or can pay good cash price - even odd 2 - 3 rounds would be helpful - but more especially new rounds would be excellent .

Carl

Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11075
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

PostSubject: Re: Hudson AK47 ( late pattern ) cartridges ?   Hudson AK47 ( late pattern ) cartridges ? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2014 10:20 am

Hi Carl

Extremely difficult things to find these days unfortunately  No 
All I can suggest is that you ask Kev at www.modelguncollector.co.uk just in case he has some old stock or try kharris in the 'States. He's available via PM or e-mail through the Forum.
Another possibility could be shazhib in Japan. He may find some on Yahoo Japan Auctions but it is a long shot

Hobby collector of Replica model guns and Militaria.
also member of Living History Reenactment Groups.
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
phobus
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master
phobus

Number of posts : 275
Location / Country : Leeds
Registration date : 2008-10-21

PostSubject: Re: Hudson AK47 ( late pattern ) cartridges ?   Hudson AK47 ( late pattern ) cartridges ? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2014 4:39 pm

Cerwyn wrote:
Hi Carl

Extremely difficult things to find these days unfortunately  No 
All I can suggest is that you ask Kev at www.modelguncollector.co.uk just in case he has some old stock or try kharris in the 'States. He's available via PM or e-mail through the Forum.
Another possibility could be shazhib in Japan. He may find some on Yahoo Japan Auctions but it is a long shot

Thanks Cerwyn

Hope you feeling better mate .

Appreciate heads up and I know you are right as regards availability .

I don,t own much as regards modelgun exotica , but the Hudson AK47 FS is something special and I was pleased to get it off milweb a ways back .

The existing carts are not bad and some tlc has got them looking good with not too many burrs or smack marks . I have had the 20 rounds ready to go for a few weeks now - its almost that I can,t bear to shatter my illusions of the gun by firing it and spoiling it all  Twisted Evil 

All part of the modelgun fun is,nt it , missfires , jams , bits dropping out of the action etc grrrrrrrrr Very Happy 

I notice they come up for sale regular with only maybe 5 rounds so maybe I,m being greedy - has anyone ever attempted building new rounds for these great old replicas ? You would imagine there would be enough interest ?

Carl
so

Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11075
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

PostSubject: Re: Hudson AK47 ( late pattern ) cartridges ?   Hudson AK47 ( late pattern ) cartridges ? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2014 10:14 am

Hi Carl,

Thanks mate, I'm getting there slowly  Smile 

Cartridges in general are becoming a problem to get hold of. With MGC and Hudson gone, Marushin not producing large quantity runs and KSC having stopped making their 9mm cartridge (apart from a short production run just recently), they just aren't about.
Speaking with John at PFCGUK a short while ago, he told me there wasn't much demand for extra cartridges which did surprise me really. I really enjoy firing my modelguns, the more cartridges the better!
Many buyers obviously don't fire their models. That would explain why many are advertised for sale with 5 cartridges - just as the factories supplied them.

There are a couple of makers in Japan producing copies of some cartridges, Open Type MAC11, CP-HW MGC P220 for example. Tanio Koba launched some alloy 9mm CP-HW, .45 CP-HW, then the EASY-CP system but my understanding is that he's stopped making those now as well as his .223" M4 cartridge.

Jay at www.mg-props.co.uk said he was looking at having new copies o Hudsn's PPSh41 / TT33 cartridges made but I guess there wasn't enough interest shown as I haven't heard anything since.    

It's a problem. Hopefully somebody will start making some soon

Hobby collector of Replica model guns and Militaria.
also member of Living History Reenactment Groups.
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hudson AK47 ( late pattern ) cartridges ?   Hudson AK47 ( late pattern ) cartridges ? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hudson AK47 ( late pattern ) cartridges ?
Page 1 of 1