MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

MKb42 Shoei.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
pitfighter
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master
pitfighter

Number of posts : 616
Location / Country : Hollywood, California
Registration date : 2008-09-07

MKb42 Shoei. Empty
PostSubject: MKb42 Shoei.   MKb42 Shoei. Icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2014 9:51 am

I have folded and have contacted Shoei in Japan about finding me one - I thought I might find one second hand, but no such luck.

Tomio Matsumoto was very helpful, and said he will look one out, and, as I am not in need of the box or accessories or additional items, that one might be able to materialize from spare parts on hand.

I have the FG42 and MP44 made by Shoei, and they are great replicas, and even though my collection has really focused on real firearms, primarily German pre-1945, and a collection that now includes three MP44s - I think it is time to add the one that started it all.
I will very likely never own a real Mkb42(H) - and when you read as much about these weapons as I do, the collection seems lacking without one to examine.

I will post here when this becomes a reality - a good decision I think.

Back to top Go down
claymore
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist

Number of posts : 1234
Location / Country : London

MKb42 Shoei. Empty
PostSubject: Re: MKb42 Shoei.   MKb42 Shoei. Icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2014 11:18 am

Excellent decision mate, the Shoei's are fantastic models just a pity they are so expensive but you get what you pay for. I have held a few and always been impressed and a much better choice than a deac that costs twice as much and is welding together. Hope you have luck in getting a good one.
Back to top Go down
pitfighter
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master
pitfighter

MKb42 Shoei. Empty
PostSubject: Re: MKb42 Shoei.   MKb42 Shoei. Icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2014 5:59 pm

If I had access to a deactivated Mkb42(h) I would definitely buy it Smile

The most I have seen in 20 years here was the lower receiver, as a relic! (I have never seen a parts kit for a '42, ever.)- obviously there are the auction example transferables at $50K - but for what I do, and my budget, Shoei is the best.

I am still collecting real MP44's - different factory mags - Kurz ammo by factory batch date - accessories.
After about a decade deciding I just now feel the Shoei '42 fits into that collection.

Back to top Go down
muzzleflash
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast

Number of posts : 230
Location / Country : Northants, UK
Registration date : 2013-12-01

MKb42 Shoei. Empty
PostSubject: Re: MKb42 Shoei.   MKb42 Shoei. Icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2014 8:05 pm

Just had a look at the Shoei GBB version on the Tokyo Hobby website. Looks nice. I take it this is not the version you're looking for though!???
Back to top Go down
pitfighter
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master
pitfighter

MKb42 Shoei. Empty
PostSubject: Re: MKb42 Shoei.   MKb42 Shoei. Icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2014 8:29 pm

No, I don't really do the airsoft thing.

I have asked for the replica gun, the mechanism and design are what interest me.

I have real guns to take to the range, that sort of mitigates any potential interest in shooting plastic BB's - but, I fully understand their appeal, just not for me.

Also, new manufactured Privi 8x33mm is available again here, and it's cheaper than 7.62mm NATO, so fun to shoot Smile
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11075
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

MKb42 Shoei. Empty
PostSubject: Re: MKb42 Shoei.   MKb42 Shoei. Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2014 10:33 am

I was lucky enough to be able to add a Cap Firing version of Shoei's MKb42 (H) to my collection when the last production run was released by the factory.
As expected from Shoei, it's a superb replica of this overshadowed fore runner to what became the MP or StG44.
I'm sure you'll be pleased with yours Pit' if Tomio can build one for you Very Happy

Shoei's cap-firing models have never really been that successful and this one's no exception. A new cartridge design certainly improves firing but the pressures generated by two caps per "High-Impact" Cartridge quickly damage cartridge Rims and the Zinc Bolt.
With a lot of help from Forum Member 8ace, modifications are being made to mine to improve firing performance. Full details will be on here as soon as everything's finished but in brief, new,  lightweight aluminium cartridges are being made, a new steel bolt and some other details are being worked on now.

Hobby collector of Replica model guns and Militaria.
also member of Living History Reenactment Groups.
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
pitfighter
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master
pitfighter

MKb42 Shoei. Empty
PostSubject: Re: MKb42 Shoei.   MKb42 Shoei. Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2014 1:00 pm

That sounds like exciting and fun work -

I don't really shoot the caps - but, understand the appeal, too. I'd love to see details of 8ace's work.

I wouldn't mind attempting to do with it, what someone did with the Shoei MP44 I have, which was to swap out almost everything that was possible (legally) with real steel parts - but we'll see if it's even possible to find any Mkb42 parts.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

MKb42 Shoei. Empty
PostSubject: Re: MKb42 Shoei.   MKb42 Shoei. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

MKb42 Shoei.
Page 1 of 1