MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Little film with guns in it.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
pitfighter
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master
pitfighter

Number of posts : 616
Location / Country : Hollywood, California
Registration date : 2008-09-07

Little film with guns in it. Empty
PostSubject: Little film with guns in it.   Little film with guns in it. Icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2014 9:52 am

This didn't really have any model guns in it - sorry -
The Marushin UZI was on set, but, we used the real one for everything.

1. Lobo gun is a 9mmPak full auto Cougar - blank only Turkish thing.
2. MG15 is a water cooled 7.92x57mm firing at around 1500rpm.
3. UZI is a semi auto from Group Industries - 9x19mm
4. Sten has a serial but unidentifiable manufacturer - 9x19mm

This is my work - and sure to offend, although not as much as the Wonder Woman one I did before seemed to.

http://theactionelite.com/2014/12/trailer-to-lobo-fan-film-from-jesse-johnson/
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11073
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

PostSubject: Re: Little film with guns in it.   Little film with guns in it. Icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2014 10:18 am

How could anyone find Wonder Woman offensive ? From what I remember of the trailer, I think I'd have enjoyed watching her doing her thing Very Happy  

Hobby collector of Replica model guns and Militaria.
also member of Living History Reenactment Groups.
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
pitfighter
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master
pitfighter

PostSubject: Re: Little film with guns in it.   Little film with guns in it. Icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2014 6:30 pm

Ha ha, guys who wanted a more buxom incarnation - that's all - you go onto the internet in any kind of way, you get wonderful people and comments but you also get unimaginable trolls coming out of the woodwork, you can only ignore them. Cool
Back to top Go down
claymore
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist

Number of posts : 1226
Location / Country : London

PostSubject: Re: Little film with guns in it.   Little film with guns in it. Icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2014 8:11 pm

Oh! My god! Gross violence and guns, love it
Back to top Go down
pitfighter
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master
pitfighter

PostSubject: Re: Little film with guns in it.   Little film with guns in it. Icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2014 1:09 am

Why thank you, sir - lol.
Back to top Go down
joelhall

Number of posts : 18
Location / Country : Buckinghamshire, England
Registration date : 2014-10-13

PostSubject: Re: Little film with guns in it.   Little film with guns in it. Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2015 10:14 pm

Great effects! Just curious which software you use for post-prod?
Back to top Go down
pitfighter
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master
pitfighter

PostSubject: Re: Little film with guns in it.   Little film with guns in it. Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2015 10:35 pm

After effects and Final cut-pro.

Back to top Go down
joelhall

Number of posts : 18
Location / Country : Buckinghamshire, England
Registration date : 2014-10-13

PostSubject: Re: Little film with guns in it.   Little film with guns in it. Icon_minitimeSat Jan 17, 2015 6:11 pm

I love the editing you've done. Do you do your own post-prod? I'm starting to learn the editing skills myself as our editing guy is taking a long leave due to some martial problems, so my brother is filling in part-time, and could really do with some help to get skilled in this area.
Back to top Go down
pitfighter
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master
pitfighter

PostSubject: Re: Little film with guns in it.   Little film with guns in it. Icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2015 8:27 am

My family lived in Bucks - Bourne End - for a while.
I visited once.

Editing you just have to keep at it - thank you for your nice comments.

The short films are just a lark - I am finishing up my feature now.
It has some guns stuff, but is a little different direction for me:

https://vimeo.com/106179392

Back to top Go down
claymore
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist

PostSubject: Re: Little film with guns in it.   Little film with guns in it. Icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2015 11:51 am

Film looks good, got to ask where did you get the bike from? Honda CBX1000 i believe used to be my dream bike, cost a fortune to buy a good one now, not yours is it?
Back to top Go down
pitfighter
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master
pitfighter

PostSubject: Re: Little film with guns in it.   Little film with guns in it. Icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2015 6:17 pm

Claymore -

Good eye, I went through an obsession with the big six, restored and built a couple - my wife finally put the kybosh on it - between movies and wrenching in the garage, my children didn't know me.

They are incredibly challenging to restore, as many of the major parts were produced in Ohio not Japan, so, Ebay, and trading to bring them back - here are two I owned for the longest time. (my favorites)
CB750F (first year 75vin/76 production)
CBx 1000 (first year 78vin/79production)
Restored from dried boxes of parts.
Both are BMW silver and black, with 70's style sign writing - supersport on tank.
The CBX six cylinders put out 106 BHP at the rear axle which is pretty awesome for a 35 year old bike, lol. Aerodynamics of a house brick, but red lining through the gears the song from the six pipes into one was mesmerizing, and it would be doing 110MPH on the on-ramp, before you actually reached the freeway (about 200 yards.)
*These stats are all minuscule compared to a modern race-bike, but you have to take into account the terrible handling and ridiculously poor controllability of the CBX and it takes on a hair-raising dimension,!)

Little film with guns in it. 2011-09-03155956_zps4eb73ae9
Little film with guns in it. 2011-09-03160031_zps77694722
Little film with guns in it. 2011-09-03160227_zps83b57682
My restored CBX and the stripped down CBX racer from the movie.
Little film with guns in it. 2011-07-28105047-1_zpsbfbcf857

The lovely Super Sport CB750f (license plate Pitfiter) about to do some winding roads.
Little film with guns in it. 2011-06-25155800_zps7e9d68fb

The CBX six is a maddening, nutso heavy, uncontrollable, powerful old beast of a bike to ride, but, there is nothing better from that era for me.  

Pit.
Back to top Go down
claymore
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist

PostSubject: Re: Little film with guns in it.   Little film with guns in it. Icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2015 12:00 pm

OH Man!! green with envy, closest i got to owning one was a scale model and you had 2! I know compared to modern machines they are heavy and bad handling but you have to love a bike with six cylinders. Thanks for the pics.
Sorry to go off the gun subject Cerwyn but i am sure you understand my interest.
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Little film with guns in it.   Little film with guns in it. Icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2015 1:39 pm

claymore wrote:
OH Man!! green with envy, closest i got to owning one was a scale model and you had 2! I know compared to modern machines they are heavy and bad handling but you have to love a bike with six cylinders. Thanks for the pics.
Sorry to go off the gun subject Cerwyn but i am sure you understand  my interest.

As a former motorcyclist myself, and been fortunate enough to have ridden a CBX 1000 in both std. trim and in a Moto Martin Endurance Race rolling chassis, I certainly do understand your interest clay' Very Happy
Straying off topic is forgiven (just this once lol! ) especially as it's so quiet on the Modelgun Front  No

Back to top Go down
pitfighter
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master
pitfighter

PostSubject: Re: Little film with guns in it.   Little film with guns in it. Icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2015 4:22 pm

Cerwyn,

We are Facebook friends, so you may have seen his posts on my page - a friend whom I used to ride with collects CBX, he has between 10-12 depending on his trading at any one time, but his favorite is a light blue, sparkle blue, Moto-Martin - it certainly is a stunner, myself, I am more drawn to the factory look - but I fully understand the "Hot-Wheels" retro appeal of this custom bikes.

For me the CBX is an integral part of my last film, so I don't really feel this has gone off topic as the topic was my last film, lol - 'ish. Smile

Selling the silver CBX paid for my Wonder Woman short, literally - so, I have no regrets.
I am also fully of the mind that had I not sold it, that bike was going to kill me, but what a way to go!
I just found it impossible to ride without red-lining it, the sound and the feeling of pushing it, was beyond description, but that, as anyone who has ridden bikes for any amount of time knows, is a losing endeavor.

Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Little film with guns in it.   Little film with guns in it. Icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2015 4:33 pm

pitfighter wrote:
Cerwyn,

We are Facebook friends, so you may have seen his posts on my page - a friend whom I used to ride with collects CBX, he has between 10-12 depending on his trading at any one time, but his favorite is a light blue, sparkle blue, Moto-Martin - it certainly is a stunner, myself, I am more drawn to the factory look - but I fully understand the  "Hot-Wheels" retro appeal of this custom bikes.

For me the CBX is an integral part of my last film, so I don't really feel this has gone off topic as the topic was my last film, lol - 'ish. Smile

Selling the silver CBX paid for my Wonder Woman short, literally - so, I have no regrets.
I am also fully of the mind that had I not sold it, that bike was going to kill me, but what a way to go!  
I just found it impossible to ride without red-lining it, the sound and the feeling of pushing it, was beyond description, but that, as anyone who has ridden bikes for any amount of time knows, is a losing endeavor.

I'd sell a kidney for my own real Wonder Woman lol!  I'll have a good search through your FB page for those CBXs

Back to top Go down
claymore
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist

PostSubject: Re: Little film with guns in it.   Little film with guns in it. Icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2015 6:26 pm

TWELVE!!! go on make it worse for me, i remember staring into the showroom window of the Honda centre in Colwyn Bay and drooling when it first came out. A good one now will cost £6000 and upwards and i cannot warrant that especially as i have a ZZR1100, but i can live in hope that if i cant actually own one i may some day get to ride one. As the CBX is a big part of your film makes it a must watch for me, dont think i have ever seen one in a film. Saw one race around oulton park, amazing on the straight not so good on the bends.
Back to top Go down
pitfighter
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master
pitfighter

PostSubject: Re: Little film with guns in it.   Little film with guns in it. Icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2015 7:49 pm

Looking forward to finishing it - it was a seven month project that has taken two years!! -

Fingers crossed the distributor will be doing a special UK push, as both myself and the lead actor, Ross McCall (Band of Brothers) are British - or were British.

Hopefully we can work some kind of home-crowd press angle Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Little film with guns in it.   Little film with guns in it. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Little film with guns in it.
Page 1 of 1