MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

NEWS - WE GBB Thompson M1A1 coming soon

Go down 
+2
Bazooka Joe
Cerwyn
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
claymore
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist

Number of posts : 1233
Location / Country : London
Registration date : 2008-09-07

NEWS - WE GBB Thompson M1A1 coming soon - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: NEWS - WE GBB Thompson M1A1 coming soon   NEWS - WE GBB Thompson M1A1 coming soon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 6:06 pm

Yeah i saw that and the price is good, thought it would be a lot more than that. i will wait and see if anyone gets it over here, i had a lot of problems getting the robocop airsoft gun through customs even though i had all the paperwork, took 3 months to get it through. i am not going through that again and then landwarrior got them in a few months later would of saved me a lot of hassle.
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11073
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

PostSubject: Re: NEWS - WE GBB Thompson M1A1 coming soon   NEWS - WE GBB Thompson M1A1 coming soon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 18, 2017 11:02 am

Here's a decent video from Redwolf Airsoft

Hobby collector of Replica model guns and Militaria.
also member of Living History Reenactment Groups.
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
Brough2
Brough2

Number of posts : 89
Location / Country : UK
Registration date : 2017-02-03

PostSubject: Re: NEWS - WE GBB Thompson M1A1 coming soon   NEWS - WE GBB Thompson M1A1 coming soon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 18, 2017 9:44 pm

AST have the M1A1 in stock at the moment, around £195 plus p&p and UK duty.
Offer ends in 13 days.
Back to top Go down
claymore
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist

PostSubject: Re: NEWS - WE GBB Thompson M1A1 coming soon   NEWS - WE GBB Thompson M1A1 coming soon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 23, 2017 10:33 am

Well, A2 supplies in the UK now have this but price is £399 which is a pretty big increase, i was hoping it would be around the £300 mark. I blame it on Brexit!
Back to top Go down
muzzleflash
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast

Number of posts : 230
Location / Country : Northants, UK
Registration date : 2013-12-01

PostSubject: Re: NEWS - WE GBB Thompson M1A1 coming soon   NEWS - WE GBB Thompson M1A1 coming soon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 28, 2017 9:32 pm

Iain at Milspec Solutions have them in stock at £350. Just ordered mine
Back to top Go down
muzzleflash
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: NEWS - WE GBB Thompson M1A1 coming soon   NEWS - WE GBB Thompson M1A1 coming soon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 28, 2017 10:04 pm

Brough2 wrote:
AST have the M1A1 in stock at the moment, around £195 plus p&p and UK duty.
Offer ends in 13 days.

Believe me, with Import Duty, VAT & Clearance Fees this will work out much more than what Milspec are knocking them out at. Always worth waiting for Uk stocks..
Back to top Go down
muzzleflash
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: NEWS - WE GBB Thompson M1A1 coming soon   NEWS - WE GBB Thompson M1A1 coming soon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 29, 2017 7:34 pm

Out of stock in much less than 24hrs - crikey!!
Back to top Go down
muzzleflash
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: NEWS - WE GBB Thompson M1A1 coming soon   NEWS - WE GBB Thompson M1A1 coming soon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 03, 2018 4:58 pm

muzzleflash wrote:
Iain at Milspec Solutions have them in stock at £350. Just ordered mine

Which arrived today without issue. I don't have the ability to write a full on review as I'm limited to a smart phone after ditching my laptop some years back, but I'll give a few brief, aesthetic impressions :

The detailing and trades are excellent on first glance. Nice to have a fully licensed one in that respect, especially from WE, who appear to be pulling their fingers out and showing their teeth in that respect. Gotta be a big thumbs up for doing a successful deal with Cybergun there...

The faux wood effect ABS looks ok, but lets the gun down in terms of it's hollow, plasticky sound when handled. I've never been a huge fan of wood anyway on any SMG's and before receiving this I'd assumed the plastic furniture wouldn't bother me - it does and hopefully someone will do a wood kit for it sometime soon!?

Off the top of my head, a RS M1A1 weighs in at around 4.5kgs. Not sure what a comparable Modelgun from either MGC or Hudson comes in at, but it's probably closer to the original than this. The weight of the GBB is under 2.7kgs according to spec, but I would say it's probably a tad less than that. The magazine is also unbelievably light (the lightest gbb mag I've come across) and doesn't really bolster the guns weight much- dissapointingly! The whole platform doesn't weigh as much as say the Marushin ABS MP40 gbb, which is surprising really. The WE finish is thankfully more of a parkerised look (as opposed to the usual matt black) on the aluminium alloy and should weather up well. The 'finish' chips and scratches fairly easily though, which in fairness is standard WE fare....

I've not gassed it and fired it yet, but the action seems smooth and crisp, with a satisfying bolt travel. Bolt is aluminium on first glance, as opposed to zinc, which should aid longevity somewhat. Mag has a follower lock, so can be dry fired easily (important for people on this forum I'd wager). With the mag out of the gun, there is a little slop between upper and lower, but this dissappears with the mag inserted.
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11073
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

PostSubject: Re: NEWS - WE GBB Thompson M1A1 coming soon   NEWS - WE GBB Thompson M1A1 coming soon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 03, 2018 5:17 pm

Thanks very much for your quick review  Very Happy

I'm as surprised as you are with the lack of weight to the WE Thompson, very surprised. I;d have expected a lot more heft to it.
Hopefully gassing it up and firing it make up for its' lightness. Please keep us informed  Wink

Hobby collector of Replica model guns and Militaria.
also member of Living History Reenactment Groups.
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
muzzleflash
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: NEWS - WE GBB Thompson M1A1 coming soon   NEWS - WE GBB Thompson M1A1 coming soon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 03, 2018 6:07 pm

A few pics, not the best, but gives some impression :

NEWS - WE GBB Thompson M1A1 coming soon - Page 2 DSC_0284

NEWS - WE GBB Thompson M1A1 coming soon - Page 2 DSC_0281

NEWS - WE GBB Thompson M1A1 coming soon - Page 2 DSC_0282

NEWS - WE GBB Thompson M1A1 coming soon - Page 2 DSC_0278

NEWS - WE GBB Thompson M1A1 coming soon - Page 2 DSC_0277

NEWS - WE GBB Thompson M1A1 coming soon - Page 2 DSC_0279

NEWS - WE GBB Thompson M1A1 coming soon - Page 2 15150027668621070045654

NEWS - WE GBB Thompson M1A1 coming soon - Page 2 DSC_0285

NEWS - WE GBB Thompson M1A1 coming soon - Page 2 20180103_175600

NEWS - WE GBB Thompson M1A1 coming soon - Page 2 20180103_182417
Back to top Go down
claymore
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist

PostSubject: Re: NEWS - WE GBB Thompson M1A1 coming soon   NEWS - WE GBB Thompson M1A1 coming soon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 03, 2018 6:35 pm

Cheers for that quick review and pics, i am also surprised about the weight and i wonder about the meal they use these days. I bought the WE P38 and it fires really nice but the weight really surprised me, its bloody light for a metal gun.
Looking forward to hearing how it fires.
Back to top Go down
muzzleflash
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: NEWS - WE GBB Thompson M1A1 coming soon   NEWS - WE GBB Thompson M1A1 coming soon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 03, 2018 6:58 pm

claymore wrote:
Cheers for that quick review and pics, i am also surprised about the weight and i wonder about the meal they use these days. I bought the WE P38 and it fires really nice but the weight really surprised me, its bloody light for a metal gun.
Looking forward to hearing how it fires.

Hi there - rather embarrassingly, I've no gas in all honesty. Not good for somebody with 20+ gbb smg's and rifles, but you know how it is, ha ha. I also like to strip and lube new guns I get to my own specs before firing - which I just haven't had time to do today unfortunately. The gun is worth it imo, if you can accept the sub-standard weight even for a replica.......
Back to top Go down
muzzleflash
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: NEWS - WE GBB Thompson M1A1 coming soon   NEWS - WE GBB Thompson M1A1 coming soon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 03, 2018 7:01 pm

This brief test fire clip from YouTube did whet my whistle t'other day: https://youtu.be/pi7W_BMRPvY
Back to top Go down
philb

Number of posts : 85
Location / Country : Anglia
Registration date : 2016-01-31

PostSubject: Re: NEWS - WE GBB Thompson M1A1 coming soon   NEWS - WE GBB Thompson M1A1 coming soon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 04, 2018 9:32 am

looks good, what are the main frames made from ?

if steel It might suitable to made into blank fire ?
Back to top Go down
muzzleflash
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: NEWS - WE GBB Thompson M1A1 coming soon   NEWS - WE GBB Thompson M1A1 coming soon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 04, 2018 11:38 am

philb wrote:
looks good, what are the main frames made from ?

if steel It might suitable to made into blank fire ?

Lol, definitely not steel - hence the weight.. It's aluminium alloy. Even if steel, the work involved to convert it into a (legal) BF would be immense imo....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NEWS - WE GBB Thompson M1A1 coming soon   NEWS - WE GBB Thompson M1A1 coming soon - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

NEWS - WE GBB Thompson M1A1 coming soon
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
MP40's Modelguns Forum :: ***NEW*** Shell Ejecting and GBB Airsoft :: GBB Airsoft General Discussion-
Jump to: