MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

MGC .30 Carbine cartridge availability, shortage !

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
c_alexandersen
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master
c_alexandersen

Number of posts : 292
Location / Country : Denmark
Registration date : 2011-11-30

MGC .30 Carbine cartridge availability, shortage ! Empty
PostSubject: MGC .30 Carbine cartridge availability, shortage !   MGC .30 Carbine cartridge availability, shortage ! Icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2015 8:23 am

After a long and resultless search for MGC .30 carbine CP-BLK cartridges

MGC .30 Carbine cartridge availability, shortage ! Mgccal11_zps9e1a75c2

I really badly need more cartridges for my M1 carbine so I have decided to dig deep into the details of cartridges and investigate if these can be manufactured as “third party” – not original spares
As background I have measured a large number of MGC, Marushin and Hudson cartridges to determine part tolerances, angles ect.
I have to confess that I am impressed with the accuracy I have found in all the parts I have measured. Production tolerances on internal parts are narrow. This really explaining why prices are relatively high.

Concluding that having all parts manufactured will just add to price and uncertainty I am aiming for a design re-using the internals of the MGC P210 cartridge.

Before I go out and have a substantial number manufactured I am asking in this forum If someone can and will assist in validating the cartridge dimensions I have reached.

MGC .30 Carbine cartridge availability, shortage ! MGC_8x35_V1_1_zpsr6cb7b7l

I would be most grateful if members with MGC .30 carbine cartridges in the “armory” would take a little time off and measure their cartridges and PM/Email me what they have measured.
This would add considerably to my comfort, before starting cutting brass.
PS a caliper is needed to achieve sufficient accuracy

Gents  Arrow  Arrow  I hope for your help here  scratch
Back to top Go down
claymore
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist

Number of posts : 1234
Location / Country : London
Registration date : 2008-09-07

PostSubject: Re: MGC .30 Carbine cartridge availability, shortage !   MGC .30 Carbine cartridge availability, shortage ! Icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2015 3:52 pm

This is one round i dont have but i know that for some models an MGC 5.56 body with a P220 head on has worked, of course that means getting those 2 rounds.

Back to top Go down
c_alexandersen
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master
c_alexandersen

Number of posts : 292
Location / Country : Denmark
Registration date : 2011-11-30

PostSubject: Re: MGC .30 Carbine cartridge availability, shortage !   MGC .30 Carbine cartridge availability, shortage ! Icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2015 12:20 pm

Thanks Claymore, pitty You didnt have.
Anyway my comfort in this strengthned Quite A bit with What you are telling about MGC 5.56 with P220 heads.
I did A trial with P210 in my M1 Carbine and it chambers and ejects Quite Well 👍 so my confidence in just lengthening the P210 is growing 😏
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MGC .30 Carbine cartridge availability, shortage !   MGC .30 Carbine cartridge availability, shortage ! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

MGC .30 Carbine cartridge availability, shortage !
Page 1 of 1