MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Best option for Enfield No2 Mk1*

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
NikToo

Number of posts : 3
Location / Country : United Kingdom
Registration date : 2015-08-13

Best option for Enfield No2 Mk1* Empty
PostSubject: Best option for Enfield No2 Mk1*   Best option for Enfield No2 Mk1* Icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2015 5:35 pm

Hi,

First post here as I'm hoping I can find some answers on here. I'm trying to get hold of a Marushin Enfield No2 Mk1* (the tanker version), but having problems finding one. Where is the best place to get hold of one in the UK, and what is the usual price point? It seems to be about the £200 mark, does that seem reasonable (although I find it rather odd it's not much more for a deac)?

Also, should I find one, is it fairly straightforward to replace the wooden grips this model seems to come with with a set of bakelite ones?

Many thanks in advance.
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11073
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

PostSubject: Re: Best option for Enfield No2 Mk1*   Best option for Enfield No2 Mk1* Icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2015 1:58 pm

Hello Nik, welcome to the Forum !

There are 3 main dealers for Modelguns that we know well here in the UK, namely:-
All three are recommended 

www.plugfirecapgunsuk.com 
www.mg-props.co.uk
www.modelguncollector.co.uk

I'm pretty sure the Enfield revolver made by Marushin is available in both Factory Assembled and Kit form. It's made in ABS, Heavy Weight ABS and a heavier Iron Finish ABS which will be reflected in the price.
Modelguns are expensive, no getting away from that unfortunately. One advantage over a De-Ac however is that some versions will fire cap charged cartridges to simulate firing. Some of the heavier ABS models are non-firing Dummy cartridge models.

Not having an Enfield myself, I can't be sure about fitting real Enfield wood grips. They may fit fine but may need a little fettling for a perfect fit.
Some of Marushin's Enfields come with wood grips as standard though.  

If there's anything else you'd like to ask, please don't hesitate to post up a message.

Kind Regards

Hobby collector of Replica model guns and Militaria.
also member of Living History Reenactment Groups.
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
NikToo

Number of posts : 3
Location / Country : United Kingdom
Registration date : 2015-08-13

PostSubject: Re: Best option for Enfield No2 Mk1*   Best option for Enfield No2 Mk1* Icon_minitimeSun Aug 16, 2015 12:36 am

Thanks Cerwyn. Smile

It's actually the bakelite grips I want on it. There are some on eBay, so I'm hoping it's simply a case of unscrewing the wooden handles it comes with and stick on the new bakelite ones.

I'm still debating what to get. I do reenactment, so there's an element of combat reenactment, where shooting would be "accurate", but also an element of show and tell, where showing off a genuine article would perhaps be better, and also from a collecting viewpoint a genuine one would be better. But with the prices going up, would I want to wave my £300 (soon to be £400 probably) genuine deact around for Joe Public? A cheap Denix would be brilliant but they don't seem to be doing one in the near future (I asked and they said thanks for the suggestion, which is probably their standard reply for every other crackpot suggestion they get).

So, to be honest, a PFC version is probably the best option in terms of mid-pricepoint, "holster filler", use, etc. Are they quite robust? Would it survive sleeping under a bush for a weekend for example?
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11073
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

PostSubject: Re: Best option for Enfield No2 Mk1*   Best option for Enfield No2 Mk1* Icon_minitimeSun Aug 16, 2015 10:26 am

For showing and demonstrating the Enfield to the Public, a Marushin Enfield would be ideal I'd say because they're accurate and realistic models of the real thing.
Firing during Re-enactment battles would be feasible, you could really do with something a bit louder. Maybe John at PFCGUK could help you out with cartridges that'll give a louder crack Question

When it comes to longer SMGs and Assault Rifles, or Automatic pistols HWABS can be brittle. Sudden knocks or drops can break them. Moving parts like Bolts and Slides, for instance, can break so a HWABS or even more so the Iron Finish (or Super Heavy Weight) models would need a bit of care and TLC if you sleep with it in the bushes just in case.

I've seen some nice metal Enfield MkVI revolvers Air and Airsoft examples that might be of interest to you Question  

Hobby collector of Replica model guns and Militaria.
also member of Living History Reenactment Groups.
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Best option for Enfield No2 Mk1*   Best option for Enfield No2 Mk1* Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Best option for Enfield No2 Mk1*
Page 1 of 1