MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

new tanio koba rounds

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
claymore
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist

Number of posts : 1226
Location / Country : London
Registration date : 2008-09-07

new tanio koba rounds Empty
PostSubject: new tanio koba rounds   new tanio koba rounds Icon_minitimeFri Oct 16, 2015 10:22 am

Tanio Koba seems to bring a new round out every week at the moment, but i am wondering what exactly this type are. they look like a open round but seem to have a screw in top like a cp round. I assume this is a CP round but with a polymer case? looks interesting but what det pin would it need? is it double cap? anyone got any ideas?

https://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?depth=1&hl=en&prev=search&rurl=translate.google.co.uk&sl=ja&u=http://www.taniokoba.co.jp/newpage26.html&usg=ALkJrhg3Y_z35Ww4PdjkM0xmlad84BrO7w
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11073
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

PostSubject: Re: new tanio koba rounds   new tanio koba rounds Icon_minitimeFri Oct 16, 2015 3:41 pm

Hi claymore

I think these polymer carts with metal screw on tops are GM-7 series but modified for the Easy-CP system

Have a look here:

http://www.taniokoba.co.jp/newpage26.html

Hopefully shazhib can advise further but it looks like TKoba have designed a specific Det.Pin for this cart too which is unlike their original Easy-CP type

Hobby collector of Replica model guns and Militaria.
also member of Living History Reenactment Groups.
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
shazhib
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
shazhib

Number of posts : 323
Location / Country : Tokyo, Japan

PostSubject: Re: new tanio koba rounds   new tanio koba rounds Icon_minitimeTue Oct 20, 2015 12:34 pm

Gents,

This is a new polymer easy cp. A shell made from polymer. It looks like an open rounds, but you need to screw in brass top ring. Firing system itself is the same with that of Easy-CP. Load bottom plug, firing cap, white empty cap (from Easy-CP) and screw the top ring. Use same det-pin with Easy-CP, this works in single cap. It seems Mr. Kobayashi always wanted to make cheap & handy cartridge system for everybody. But back in 1970's, there weren't any plastic material durable enough for firing. Now we have better material so that this kind of rounds made it possible. I haven't tried it by myself, I am sure it will work fine.

S
Back to top Go down
claymore
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist

PostSubject: Re: new tanio koba rounds   new tanio koba rounds Icon_minitimeTue Oct 20, 2015 1:09 pm

Thanks for that Shaz, so these are meant for the GM7 45's, can the easy CP det pin be used in MGC 1911's or will it not fit?
I wonder why they dont use the same polymer they use for the rounds for making the guns as it seems if the did the gun would be practically unbreakable with normal use!
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: new tanio koba rounds   new tanio koba rounds Icon_minitimeTue Oct 20, 2015 2:03 pm

Thank you shazhib for confirming details of this new style polymer Easy-CP cartridge  Very Happy

Back to top Go down
shazhib
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
shazhib

Number of posts : 323
Location / Country : Tokyo, Japan

PostSubject: Re: new tanio koba rounds   new tanio koba rounds Icon_minitimeTue Oct 20, 2015 2:07 pm

Yes, this is for Tanio Koba GM7 series. I do not think Easy-CP det pin can use for MGC, need some kind of alternation. Well....other maker was not very keen to try new material, rather, stick with good old brass I think.

S
Back to top Go down
JohnnyV
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
JohnnyV

Number of posts : 552
Location / Country : Cambridgeshire UK
Registration date : 2009-08-24

PostSubject: Re: new tanio koba rounds   new tanio koba rounds Icon_minitimeTue Oct 20, 2015 8:32 pm

Got some of these rounds and the new TK series 70 1911s coming in from Japan soon, look interesting Smile
I am sure up to the usual TK high standards!!!
cheers
Back to top Go down
claymore
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist

PostSubject: Re: new tanio koba rounds   new tanio koba rounds Icon_minitimeWed Oct 21, 2015 8:35 am

OH! Johhnyv, really did you have to tell us that, now i am going to want one and i have told myself for ages the one thing i dont need more of is 1911's. These series 70 look nice though, would they need that metal frame put in to fire these rounds as they do for the CP ones?
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: new tanio koba rounds   new tanio koba rounds Icon_minitimeThu Nov 05, 2015 3:16 pm

Spotted this excellent video on youtube demonstrating most of the cartridge types available for the GM7 series.
Some of these designs are used in other models too.

Claymore, the cartridge you asked about is here too:-

new tanio koba rounds Default

Back to top Go down
claymore
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist

PostSubject: Re: new tanio koba rounds   new tanio koba rounds Icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2015 8:58 am

Ok, so thats how it works, looks good. I am glad tanio is making a lot of rounds but i wonder if he is just experimenting as there are so many different rounds for the GM7 now which one do you choose, open, CP, easy Cp, open easy CP, CP hexagon!! seems like a awful lot of different styles for one particular model and will he continue to make them all in the future. I can see me choosing one style and then he stops making them, suppose i should not complain though at least he is making rounds.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: new tanio koba rounds   new tanio koba rounds Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

new tanio koba rounds
Page 1 of 1