MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Airsoft to PFC question

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
veektohr

Number of posts : 83
Location / Country : USA
Registration date : 2016-02-18

Airsoft to PFC question Empty
PostSubject: Airsoft to PFC question   Airsoft to PFC question Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2016 4:43 pm

I was just wondering what all goes into an airsoft to PFC conversion? Does it involve a lot of custom fabrication, or are there certain models that make things easier on you? I know it's a super noob "how does it work" question, but I'm just looking for a place to start learning really.
Back to top Go down
Dronne
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast
Dronne

Number of posts : 215
Location / Country : France Paris
Registration date : 2012-01-05

PostSubject: Re: Airsoft to PFC question   Airsoft to PFC question Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2016 8:32 pm

Hi,
Not impossible but really long and difficult.
The easyest way to figure how to do it is to compare a weapon's diagram in PFC and airsoft.
Back to top Go down
JatiMatic
JatiMatic

Number of posts : 84
Location / Country : Germany
Registration date : 2013-07-16

PostSubject: Re: Airsoft to PFC question   Airsoft to PFC question Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2016 11:26 pm

Dronne wrote:

Not impossible but really long and difficult.

I 100 % agree with Dronne.

To convert an airsoft into a firing model gun you will need – beside the equipment like machines, tools etc. – a lot of time and know-how.

I thought about converting an UMAREX (VFC) HK417 GBB version, after finding out that AR15 mags fit in the magazine well of an UMAREX HK416 (tried it in the shop). Asked the salesman if a real HK417 magazine will also fit in a HK417 GBB, and he said "Don't know".
After some consideration I stood back on it: I didn't want to buy a real 20 rd HK417 mag for around 80 Euro or more only to check if it will fit. Also the risk of failure is too high and I don’t need more grey hairs (at end you only have a messed up airsoft for around 400 Euro ripe for the dustbin).

But if you ever have the skills and leisure to try it, take GBB airsofts with internals (like hammer etc.) and measurements similar to modelguns or the real deals.

My 2 pennies.

Jati
Back to top Go down
veektohr

Number of posts : 83
Location / Country : USA
Registration date : 2016-02-18

PostSubject: Re: Airsoft to PFC question   Airsoft to PFC question Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2016 3:29 am

Thanks guys, I kind of assumed it would be like that: "Pay close attention and inevitably make mistakes until you don't anymore." I just got into PFC stuff a few months back when I grabbed an amazing sterling from Ken Harris. Then I found these boards only to see that - of course - he's a member. Now I can't get enough Smile

There's just so much variety with airsoft, that it is really tempting to dive into conversions...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Airsoft to PFC question   Airsoft to PFC question Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Airsoft to PFC question
Page 1 of 1