MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Possible to modify a replica MP40 to fire bbs?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
zamuel_a

Number of posts : 2
Location / Country : Sweden
Registration date : 2016-04-24

Possible to modify a replica MP40 to fire bbs? Empty
PostSubject: Possible to modify a replica MP40 to fire bbs?   Possible to modify a replica MP40 to fire bbs? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 24, 2016 12:05 pm

Hi,

I had liked to have an MP40 that is functional and can fire .177 steel bbs (not airsoft). I don't want any plastic version so it should be as accurate to the original as possible. I can't find any bb MP40 versions so I wonder if it might be possible to modify an replica version instead. It would also be a fun project to do.

I have the KWC (Cybergun) UZI steel bb version and since it's a very simple design that is also realistic with recoil, bolt and everything, my idea was if it would be possible to take the parts from a KWC UZI and put into a MP40 replica (The bolt action on a real UZI and real MP40 are very similiar so it would be rather accurate).
I would of course need to make some additional parts to make it work and modify the existing ones but that's not a problem.

The question is, what is the best MP40 replica that can be found today? Since it will be modified I don't need one with working internal parts. It's best if it's just a hollow shell. I saw the one from Denix but can't find so much info on how it's constructed. Is it hollow and what about the barell? Is it also a hollow tube or a solid piece of metal?

The most difficult part in that conversion would be the magazine. The UZI magazine must more or less fit exactly like the MP40 one since it contains the ammo, CO2 cartridge and valve.
I had liked to find some info on the outer dimensions of the Denix magazine to see if it is possible.

Maybe this would be a impossible project but if it wouldn't be to hard. It had been fun.
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11073
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

Possible to modify a replica MP40 to fire bbs? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Possible to modify a replica MP40 to fire bbs?   Possible to modify a replica MP40 to fire bbs? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2016 10:51 am

Hi and welcome to the forum!

Your project does sound interesting and challenging too. As far as I'm aware, the Denix MP40 has a solid, blocked barrel which could be a problem. Perhaps someone can correct me if I'm mistaken but there may even be a steel rod cast into the barrel to prevent anyone boring through it. 
A Denix model would probably be the least expensive metal option, but it may be worth waiting for the new metal Gas Blow Back, 6mm BB Airsoft MP40 due for release anytime now. Perhaps it might be slightly easier to convert that to 4.5mm steel BB?  

Hobby collector of Replica model guns and Militaria.
also member of Living History Reenactment Groups.
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net

Possible to modify a replica MP40 to fire bbs?
Page 1 of 1