MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Problems with MGC68 MP40

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
broomie
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast

Number of posts : 92
Location / Country : United Kingdom
Registration date : 2014-04-13

Problems with MGC68 MP40 Empty
PostSubject: Problems with MGC68 MP40   Problems with MGC68 MP40 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2016 11:12 am

Hi everyone,
I have got my hands on a second MGC68, but it has several issues. First, the upper receiver has some rotational play when it is mated to the lower receiver, anyone has an idea as to eliminate this & to make it tight ? The gun does not seem to be tightly fitted and seems loose. Ideally I would like to have it converted to a 9mm Front Venting blanker for the reenactment I do. I can provide photos of my reenactment gear amassed over the recent years to prove , plus I have a MVT card holder membership since 2014.
Secondly, the mags are not consistent, some are snugly fitted while other are so loose which cause feeding problems. I might invest in the real MP40 mags & hope they fare better.
I have tried to contact Kickback since he was moving house but he has yet to respond ? Failing to remedy my problems with my MP40, I am willing to look for a front-venting MGC68 in 9mm red-tip blanks. It has to be 100% reliable for the reenactment I do. I travel to France quite often where my family lives and intend to join some of the boys over there.
I would be eternally grateful for any help from members of the forum, Please help.
Broomie.
Back to top Go down
philb

Number of posts : 85
Location / Country : Anglia
Registration date : 2016-01-31

PostSubject: Re: Problems with MGC68 MP40   Problems with MGC68 MP40 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2016 3:14 pm

you be better off looking for one of chris's mp38 / 40 already done
Back to top Go down
broomie
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: Problems with MGC68 MP40   Problems with MGC68 MP40 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2016 10:59 pm

Hi,
I have tried pM Chris/Kickback to no avail Crying or Very sad I first attempted to to contact him but he was in the midst of moving house and promised he would contact me when he would settle into his new place. But no word from him Question
I again contacted him a week ago and still no answer Question I wouldn't mind buying a new MP40 (not MP38) from him but he seems rather reticent Question Question Question
Thanks for the suggestion, much appreciated.
Broomie.
Back to top Go down
philb

PostSubject: Re: Problems with MGC68 MP40   Problems with MGC68 MP40 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 03, 2017 10:48 am

VIG mags look the same are darn cheaper
Back to top Go down
broomie
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast

PostSubject: MGC68 9mm Blanker   Problems with MGC68 MP40 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 03, 2017 4:00 pm

Hi Phil,
I was at the time of posting the above message looking for a MGC68 MP40 9mm blanker, I finally got one and will hope to post some pics of it on the forum soon. I just love my blanker as it looks like one-off (originally converted by Kevin of Company K who is also a member on this forum) I love you This blanker takes Vig mags perfectly Exclamation
I also now have an original MGC68 MP40 unconverted with 3 MGC mags Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation My unconverted MP40 doesn't take Vig mags unfortunately Crying or Very sad I find the Vig mags are a tad too large to fit in the mag well. However it does take original MP40 mags Very Happy
Thanks for the heads-up,
Broomie
Back to top Go down
philb

PostSubject: Re: Problems with MGC68 MP40   Problems with MGC68 MP40 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 03, 2017 5:25 pm

cool, we were doing that conversion back in the mid eighties,

make sure its reinforced inside a good piece of rubber sponge in the back works well too as a buffer or carpet underlay or similar

on vig mags just file where its tight, I see these going for £25 each the other day which is taking the urine, I paid £8 each for mine, mates rates

I have a few bf's myself
Back to top Go down
broomie
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast

PostSubject: MGC68 conversion to blank firing   Problems with MGC68 MP40 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 03, 2017 5:43 pm

Do you still convert these MGC68 MP40s Question
As said, I have an original MGC68 MP40 which is untouched & came in its original box but it can't chamber inert rounds. The chamber has this thingy-midgey (positioned at 2 o'clock on the chamber face) which blocks any attempt to chamber inert cartridges Crying or Very sad Would you know how to remove this part Question I would be most grateful for any advice Very Happy
Broomie
Back to top Go down
philb

PostSubject: Re: Problems with MGC68 MP40   Problems with MGC68 MP40 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 03, 2017 7:52 pm

the guy we used was in wales, but hes been dead for yrs, the was a guy in Cambridgeshire but he wont make or convert anymore

you need to look at the mgc mp40 section on here will tell you all about the variations of manufacture

doing the bolt is the hard part as you need a good milling machine
Back to top Go down
broomie
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast

PostSubject: MGC68 MP40 conversion   Problems with MGC68 MP40 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 03, 2017 11:02 pm

Such a shame as I am in Cambridge Crying or Very sad
Yeah, I have looked up the topics but have yet to find the one about removing the thingy-midgey positioned at 2 o'clock on the chamber face so inert rounds can be chambered Question I just want it to be a model gun that can cycle inert rounds that's all.
See a lot of pics of the chamber of the MGC68 that still show this thingy-midgey in place but it doesn't look like it's obstructing the chamber as mine does Question Question Question
Anyway, I will post some pics soon of both my 9mm blanker and my unconverted MGC68.
Thanks Phil,
Broomie
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Problems with MGC68 MP40   Problems with MGC68 MP40 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Problems with MGC68 MP40
Page 1 of 1