MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

If you have problems with Photobucket

Go down 
+4
c_alexandersen
claymore
Browning
Cerwyn
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11073
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

If you have problems with Photobucket Empty
PostSubject: If you have problems with Photobucket   If you have problems with Photobucket Icon_minitimeMon Apr 10, 2017 10:22 am

I see that some members are experiencing difficulties with Photobucket videos.

Playing around with Photobucket now, I found that neither of my own videos that I checked would play unless I clicked the "Download" link at bottom right of the screen.  I seem to remember having this problem uploading videos onto the site some time ago. Clicking Download sorts them out too.

Try that, any problems, let me know please.

Kind Regards  

Hobby collector of Replica model guns and Militaria.
also member of Living History Reenactment Groups.

Last edited by Cerwyn on Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:42 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spelling / grammar error corrected)
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
Browning
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast

Number of posts : 118
Location / Country : Cambs, UK
Registration date : 2009-03-12

PostSubject: Photobox Issues   If you have problems with Photobucket Icon_minitimeWed Jul 05, 2017 10:17 pm

I saw something on the interweb the other day about Photobucket charging for 3rd party hosting! I then saw this on the MoneySavingExpert (MSE) Forum:

"[i]Photobucket no longer allowing 3rd party hosting of images for free 29th Jun 17 at 7:18 AM

Hi All,

Had an email from Photobucket this morning basically saying they want $399.99 a year to reinstate 3rd party hosting (what I use to display the images in the Comping Guide).

I've been onto their website this morning and they updated their TOS 28 June 2017 so I guess this new restriction is as a result of updated terms.

I'll be looking for another solution this weekend - as Photobucket isn't a possibility if they want to charge!

What other sites do people use for 3rd party hosting of images? (So I can upload an image and then post it onto a website etc)?"

It looks like we might have to find another place to host images....

B
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: If you have problems with Photobucket   If you have problems with Photobucket Icon_minitimeThu Jul 06, 2017 11:52 am

Hi Browning,

This is bad news indeed. I have thousands of Forum related photos going back years on Photobucket. Losing that host would erase a very large percentage of the Forum's photos and images.

www.servimg.com is a free host available on here, first and second icons in the list including youtube above. There may well be others that I'm not aware of.

Sounds like I've got my work cut out transferring these thousands of photos and videos over from Photobucket.
Might I ask all of you, please, to transfer yours and edit your posts showing the new link ?

No photos on here would be disastrous....

As a matter of interest, has anyone else had the same email from Photobucket, I haven't for one.

Your cooperation gents will be really appreciated. Thank you

Last edited by Cerwyn on Thu Jul 06, 2017 12:22 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : thousands, not hundreds...)
Back to top Go down
Browning
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast

Number of posts : 118
Location / Country : Cambs, UK
Registration date : 2009-03-12

PostSubject: Photobucket   If you have problems with Photobucket Icon_minitimeThu Jul 06, 2017 12:18 pm

Hi Cerwyn,

I've noticed that a lot of images are missing and have the "Third Party Hosting" Warning from Photobucket

I've recently acquired a Marushin MP40 and the info on this site is invaluable with regard to the maintenance and upkeep of said Modelgun! Losing the pictures associated with the threads would be horrendous...

What a Face

Browning
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: If you have problems with Photobucket   If you have problems with Photobucket Icon_minitimeThu Jul 06, 2017 12:27 pm

Hi Browning,

You're dead right  Crying or Very sad

It seems that ebay and Amazon as well as countless individuals have been affected by what's being called Photobucket's Ransom demand.

I've started downloading every album I have on Photobucket onto my hard drives. It is going to be a long job re doing all the photos and videos I can. I hope I can get it done in time. I'll certainly do my best. 

Back to top Go down
claymore
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist

Number of posts : 1233
Location / Country : London
Registration date : 2008-09-07

PostSubject: Re: If you have problems with Photobucket   If you have problems with Photobucket Icon_minitimeThu Jul 06, 2017 1:18 pm

OK so sorry to be dumb but does this mean we cannot link a photo to here from photobucket now, if thats the case whats the point of photobucket?
not had an Email from them to say that! to be honest photobucket is not that great anyway, always get a problem with play back or uploading, but its convenient. if this is the case then i will move everything off and close my account.
They are about to lose a lot of cash i think
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: If you have problems with Photobucket   If you have problems with Photobucket Icon_minitimeThu Jul 06, 2017 1:27 pm

Hi Claymore

It certainly sounds like it mate. While trying to do something to rescue the thousands of photos and videos now, a message pop-up appeared from Photobucket just saying they've changed their Terms and Conds. After reading some of the posts on the 'Net, look at " Photobucket ransom" for example they're demanding £300-£400 per account to host and share our photos and videos.

We need to move all our photos/videos somewhere else and pretty quickly too...  pale

Back to top Go down
claymore
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist

PostSubject: Re: If you have problems with Photobucket   If you have problems with Photobucket Icon_minitimeThu Jul 06, 2017 1:42 pm

As i said they are about to lose a lot of custom and income then. looks like its going to be a busy weekend taking everything off.
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: If you have problems with Photobucket   If you have problems with Photobucket Icon_minitimeThu Jul 06, 2017 7:28 pm

My God, what a job this is turning out to be  What a Face No

Hopefully everybody will be as patient as they can for as long as it takes me to re-home and re-post all these photos / videos 

Back to top Go down
c_alexandersen
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master
c_alexandersen

Number of posts : 292
Location / Country : Denmark
Registration date : 2011-11-30

PostSubject: Re: If you have problems with Photobucket   If you have problems with Photobucket Icon_minitimeFri Jul 07, 2017 8:28 am

An unfortunate and time consuming pain
Are you moving to serving ?
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: If you have problems with Photobucket   If you have problems with Photobucket Icon_minitimeFri Jul 07, 2017 9:03 am

c_alexandersen wrote:
An unfortunate and time consuming pain
Are you moving to serving ?  

Hi Chris,

Serving is there, available and free of charges so as my starting point it seems the obvious choice to start with. If anyone knows of a different sharing site that works well I'd be grateful for any and all information.
I need to look at Video sharing too. Youtube might be the best option?

Back to top Go down
c_alexandersen
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master
c_alexandersen

PostSubject: Re: If you have problems with Photobucket   If you have problems with Photobucket Icon_minitimeFri Jul 07, 2017 3:47 pm

Cerwyn

I have used YouTube a couple of times and I have worked great for video so it's for sure an option
Back to top Go down
claymore
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist

PostSubject: Re: If you have problems with Photobucket   If you have problems with Photobucket Icon_minitimeTue Jul 11, 2017 7:20 pm

Ok, my photobucket is still working at the moment and from what i can make out i am safe until dec 2018, thats because i pay a yearly fee (very small about £20 a year).
I have updated the link to the P8 vid and the caw M1A1 so if people could check those direct links and let me know they work or not. Not sure i will upload any more to photobucket but if i need to i can for the time being.
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: If you have problems with Photobucket   If you have problems with Photobucket Icon_minitimeWed Jul 12, 2017 9:35 am

claymore wrote:
Ok, my photobucket is still working at the moment and from what i can make out i am safe until dec 2018, thats because i pay a yearly fee (very small about £20 a year).
I have updated the link to the P8 vid and the caw M1A1 so if people could check those direct links and let me know they work or not. Not sure i will upload any more to photobucket but if i need to i can for the time being.

Hi Clay'

Your P8 video won't play for me I'm sorry to say although the photo seems ok.
Where's your CAW M1A1 post please mate?

Back to top Go down
claymore
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist

PostSubject: Re: If you have problems with Photobucket   If you have problems with Photobucket Icon_minitimeWed Jul 12, 2017 10:19 am

Damn, the link worked for me last night when i changed it, have to have another look. As for the CAW M1A1 it seems to of disappeared something else i will need to check on.
Back to top Go down
Ozguns
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast
Ozguns

Number of posts : 333
Location / Country : Perth, Western Australia
Registration date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: If you have problems with Photobucket   If you have problems with Photobucket Icon_minitimeFri Jul 14, 2017 12:19 pm

My email from Photobucket states that "All your photos are still available by logging into your Photobucket Account. Photobucket has only restricted the ability to view your photos on 3rd party sites." So from what I can gather is that they will remain on Photobucket, but can not be seen on other websites and forums.

There is no mention what amount of money needs to be paid to be able to share the photos elsewhere, or if it's a one off fee or needs to be paid annually.

If the payment is reasonable, a suggestion might be to go with that. That way there wouldn't be any need to save all the existing photos and repost with another photo hosting site.
Maybe do a fundraiser to cover the costs.
Back to top Go down
claymore
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist

PostSubject: Re: If you have problems with Photobucket   If you have problems with Photobucket Icon_minitimeFri Jul 14, 2017 1:16 pm

if you look at packages it shows you what you can have and to have 3rd party is £399 a year, stupid money. i do pay a yearly fee about £20 gives me 20gb and according to photocucket because i subscribe i can still have 3rd party on that account till 2018, but so far the links dont work, so i think they are lying. Anyway not paying £399 a year, looks like youtube will be getting some uploads.
Back to top Go down
lampwick
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master
lampwick

Number of posts : 359
Location / Country : UK
Registration date : 2008-09-11

PostSubject: Re: If you have problems with Photobucket   If you have problems with Photobucket Icon_minitimeWed Jul 19, 2017 4:26 pm

Well, all of my photo's vanished between 12 noon and 4.30 today. We're all doomed!
Back to top Go down
MadMike
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
MadMike

Number of posts : 647
Location / Country : Germany (Stuttgart)
Registration date : 2008-08-06

PostSubject: Re: If you have problems with Photobucket   If you have problems with Photobucket Icon_minitimeThu Jul 20, 2017 9:35 am

I can't not find a way to register at servimg - has anyone a clue how this could be done?
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: If you have problems with Photobucket   If you have problems with Photobucket Icon_minitimeThu Jul 20, 2017 10:19 am

Hi 'Mike

If I remember correctly, click on the 1st icon you see in the box above, it's the box containing Youtube.
I registered about 6 years ago so I don't see the registration page now. The image posting method is quite easy once you're set up.
You can also register at www.servimg.com

I hope this helps

Back to top Go down
MadMike
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
MadMike

PostSubject: Re: If you have problems with Photobucket   If you have problems with Photobucket Icon_minitimeThu Jul 20, 2017 10:46 am

Sorry, does not work for me. Seems like yo just can't register, only log in.
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

Number of posts : 2554
Location / Country : UK

PostSubject: Re: If you have problems with Photobucket   If you have problems with Photobucket Icon_minitimeThu Jul 20, 2017 10:50 am

I've registered with these guys

https://imgur.com/

Back to top Go down
MadMike
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
MadMike

PostSubject: Re: If you have problems with Photobucket   If you have problems with Photobucket Icon_minitimeThu Jul 20, 2017 10:59 am

Thanks, mate. I will give it a try.
Back to top Go down
c_alexandersen
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master
c_alexandersen

PostSubject: Re: If you have problems with Photobucket   If you have problems with Photobucket Icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2018 2:02 pm

I have been so disappointed about the Photobucket changes and on top far too busy to get my posts updated.
I have a kind son that helped download all my pictures from Photobucket

My plan is to have a go at updating posts I a few weeks time
Yesterday I was in checking the forum and to my surprise I found my posts with pictures in ??

Have Photobucket come to their senses and dropped the stupid fee ?
Back to top Go down
claymore
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist

PostSubject: Re: If you have problems with Photobucket   If you have problems with Photobucket Icon_minitimeSat May 12, 2018 9:38 am

To my knowledge their prices are still stupidly high
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: If you have problems with Photobucket   If you have problems with Photobucket Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

If you have problems with Photobucket
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next