MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Marushin Gold 7.5 Inch .357 Magnum

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Zartan

Number of posts : 51
Location / Country : Vancouver, Canada
Registration date : 2010-11-17

Marushin Gold 7.5 Inch .357 Magnum Empty
PostSubject: Marushin Gold 7.5 Inch .357 Magnum   Marushin Gold 7.5 Inch .357 Magnum Icon_minitimeWed Oct 25, 2017 6:12 am

Anyone have any info on this one, couldn't find any info/images online? Picked it up at a local gun show, full metal and wood 1054 grams.

https://s50.photobucket.com/user/drywar/library/marushin%20357?sort=3&page=1
Back to top Go down
Zartan

PostSubject: Action   Marushin Gold 7.5 Inch .357 Magnum Icon_minitimeFri Oct 27, 2017 7:54 pm

When the trigger is pulled the hammer does go back a bit but doesn't click and the cylinder will rotate on each pull of the trigger. However it won't cock and click, the hammer can not be pulled back all the way as it bottoms out on another piece inside. I have taken pictures of the internals in the link above.

My question is: Is this the way it's supposed to be/ was made? or is there something not right with it.

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
shazhib
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
shazhib

Number of posts : 323
Location / Country : Tokyo, Japan
Registration date : 2008-09-07

PostSubject: Re: Marushin Gold 7.5 Inch .357 Magnum   Marushin Gold 7.5 Inch .357 Magnum Icon_minitimeSat Oct 28, 2017 1:31 pm

Zartan,

I found a "hand" is missing so that it won't rotate a cylinder. Also, hinge part attached to a hammer looks broken and loose? so that it won't properly connected with a hammer spring I suppose. It should work as normal pull, rotate, hammer back and hit motion.

S
Back to top Go down
Zartan

PostSubject: Re: Marushin Gold 7.5 Inch .357 Magnum   Marushin Gold 7.5 Inch .357 Magnum Icon_minitimeSat Oct 28, 2017 9:00 pm

The cylinder still rotates.  The hammer spring looks to be too short or I can't figure out how the hinge part stays connected to the hammer unless there is a piece missing.  The way the hammer spring is in now the inner part of the hammer bottoms out on it when pulled back not letting it pull all the way back.
Back to top Go down
Zartan

PostSubject: Broken parts   Marushin Gold 7.5 Inch .357 Magnum Icon_minitimeMon Oct 30, 2017 4:16 am

shazhib wrote:
Zartan,

I found a "hand" is missing so that it won't rotate a cylinder. Also, hinge part attached to a hammer looks broken and loose? so that it won't properly connected with a hammer spring I suppose. It should work as normal pull, rotate, hammer back and hit motion.

S

Shazhib,

You are correct the piece that attaches the hammer spring to the hammer is broken and another piece thats attached to the hammer is cracked.....anyone have any spares kicking around?

Pictures of the parts needed are in the first two pictures in the following album:

https://s50.photobucket.com/user/drywar/library/marushin%20357?sort=3&page=1
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Marushin Gold 7.5 Inch .357 Magnum   Marushin Gold 7.5 Inch .357 Magnum Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Marushin Gold 7.5 Inch .357 Magnum
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
MP40's Modelguns Forum :: Modelgun General Discussion-
Jump to: