MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

MGC68 MP40

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Brewmaster290

Number of posts : 4
Location / Country : USA
Registration date : 2017-12-16

MGC68 MP40 Empty
PostSubject: MGC68 MP40   MGC68 MP40 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 27, 2017 12:32 am

Can anyone tell me what type of detonator pin and where to get it for an MP40? Is there anything I need to be aware of when installing it? I assume its placed into the trunnion on the barrel end with the pin facing toward the bolt the tightened in place by barrel nut. Would also appreciate to know what type of Plug Fire Cartridges I need to get along with the proper cap(s). I'n not sure the large recoil spring will be sufficient to cycle this gun, its nearly impossible to find a telescoping recoil assembly for this piece.

I believe my last posting may have been unclear since I received no response, I apologize for the confusion. Thanks.

B.
Back to top Go down
Chris Rush

Number of posts : 72
Location / Country : 19352 Pennsylvania United States
Registration date : 2015-03-07

MGC68 MP40 Empty
PostSubject: MP40 questions   MGC68 MP40 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 28, 2017 8:37 am

The original pins have a small nipple on the front of a threaded plug. When new they weren't very efficient-after years of use, the nipple now worn to a nub and the corrosion pretty much serve to make the original equipment deto pin a poor choice.

There is a ton of useful MP40 related info to be found within the site. MP40 owners, many skilled machinists have developed brass and steel detos that serve to offer a near perfect firing experience. Again, you can find all you might need to know about these items.

As for the caps, 7mm caps are required. From time to time, model gun cartridges are available either on this web site or eBay. A 9mm cartridge is required. Please note: not all 9mm model gun carts are compatable with your MP40. Both cap and cartridge info can also be found on the forum.

I hope this helps a bit.
Back to top Go down
Brewmaster290

Number of posts : 4
Location / Country : USA
Registration date : 2017-12-16

MGC68 MP40 Empty
PostSubject: MGC68 MP40   MGC68 MP40 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 29, 2017 2:37 am

Thanks, I've read quite a few postings, probably didn't get to the right ones yet. The trunion I have on this late model MGC is not threaded on either side, which made me curious how one would secure the det pin properly. I'll keep searching.
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11073
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

MGC68 MP40 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MGC68 MP40   MGC68 MP40 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 29, 2017 10:19 am

Here's a link to Detonator Pin type and dimensions suitable if you were to use MGC P220 cartridges:-

and P220 cartridge details

The pin simply drops into the Trunnion facing the bolt as you correctly assumed. It's secured in place by tightening the barrel down with the barrel nut. As the Det.Pin's support ring is a slide fit in the trunnion it will be held central.

MGC P220 cartridges are getting scarce now since MGC closed their doors for business. Small Japanese custom shops, however, have made copies or very similar cartridges but supplies are erratic.

Tanio Koba replacement cartridge

Kano-do replacement (full details will follow as soon as I'm able)

Mad Police replacement

Slightly longer or shorter 9mm cartridges could be used but Detonator Pin length and Extractor may need alteration for correct performance. Have a search through the Cartridge Library we've compiled for suitable candidates.

I have responded to your other posting, I'm sorry my response was slow but somehow, I didn't see the post you wrote.

Hobby collector of Replica model guns and Militaria.
also member of Living History Reenactment Groups.
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
Sponsored content

MGC68 MP40 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MGC68 MP40   MGC68 MP40 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

MGC68 MP40
Page 1 of 1