MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Luger P08 from Nakata / Tokyo

Go down 
AuthorMessage
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

Number of posts : 2554
Location / Country : UK
Registration date : 2008-08-06

Luger P08 from Nakata / Tokyo Empty
PostSubject: Luger P08 from Nakata / Tokyo   Luger P08 from Nakata / Tokyo Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 2:10 pm

*** Originally posted by madmike ***

I have seen a Luger P08 modelgun. It looks like a dummy model. The box has "NAKATA TOKYO" on it. I have never heared of this company. Does anyone know more?
Thank you and Greetings

MadMike
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: Luger P08 from Nakata / Tokyo   Luger P08 from Nakata / Tokyo Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 2:10 pm

*** Originally posted by claymore ***

Dont know much about nakata but they have made a few various modelguns i think. I have a Nakata metal Mp40 and it is great not as detailed as the marushin ABS model but still good + it has an open barrel and fires well, so if the MP40 is anything to go by then other models should be good
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: Luger P08 from Nakata / Tokyo   Luger P08 from Nakata / Tokyo Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 2:10 pm

Hello Claymore!

Thank you! Nice to speak to you.
Are those Nakata models only dummy models or pfc guns?
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: Luger P08 from Nakata / Tokyo   Luger P08 from Nakata / Tokyo Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 2:11 pm

*** Originally posted by claymore ***

They are PFC guns and work with the marushin MP40 rounds but you need to change the chamber for a marushin abs one which is easy to do also the marushin mags it uses need some metal taken off them so they fit. You can also use a marushin plastic bolt rather than the nakata metal one and you will get a higher rate of fire, but i prefer the slower rate of fire of the metal bolt as you get more recoil and it sounds better and of course you get smoke out of the barrel.

I have read that sten mags work in the nakata so i am going to get one and see
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: Luger P08 from Nakata / Tokyo   Luger P08 from Nakata / Tokyo Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 2:11 pm

*** Originally posted by mark ***

MadMike,

Anymore details on that Nakata Luger? Gold colored? Metal? Plastic? Markings? etc. Some of the early Luger modelguns that i have seen have been fairly "crude" and not very detailed and sometimes they merely resemble a Luger. (grip too long like a Nambu etc.)
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: Luger P08 from Nakata / Tokyo   Luger P08 from Nakata / Tokyo Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 2:12 pm

Thank you! I can only offer those pics:

Luger P08 from Nakata / Tokyo Nakata1

Luger P08 from Nakata / Tokyo Nakata2

Luger P08 from Nakata / Tokyo Nakata3

Maybe they help you, Mark.

Greetings

MadMike
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: Luger P08 from Nakata / Tokyo   Luger P08 from Nakata / Tokyo Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 2:12 pm

*** Originally posted by doc ***

I think some Nakata Lugers were able to use gunpowder (paper caps) and they also made them with a Gold finish. I have no idea from the photos if this model could fire, Its fair to say that even if it did then it would have been made to only use gunpowder or paper caps.
Its impossible to say if the detonator could be removed in order to change it for one with PFC cartridges.
Another point, is it just me or does the shape of this Luger appear odd ?
perhaps its just the contour of the unusual grips but the grip section appears narrow and extended.
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: Luger P08 from Nakata / Tokyo   Luger P08 from Nakata / Tokyo Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 2:13 pm

*** Originally posted by 2sharp ***

Doc wrote:
I think some Nakata Lugers were able to use gunpowder (paper caps) and they also made them with a Gold finish. I have no idea from the photos if this model could fire, Its fair to say that even if it did then it would have been made to only use gunpowder or paper caps.
Its impossible to say if the detonator could be removed in order to change it for one with PFC cartridges.
Another point, is it just me or does the shape of this Luger appear odd ?
perhaps its just the contour of the unusual grips but the grip section appears narrow and extended.

I agree, the placement and shape of the trigger isn't correct either.

But it is cool anyway Smile

I remember seeing these in old Swedish mail-order catlagos from around 1975-ish i think.

(not saying identical or same maker but the same shape and that trigger can't escape my eyes..
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: Luger P08 from Nakata / Tokyo   Luger P08 from Nakata / Tokyo Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 2:15 pm

*** Originally posted by mark ***

Ah, i see that this Nakata has the Nambu look that i had eluded to in my earlier post..I think that for a while the Japanese modelgun desiginers didn't have access to many examples or drawings of actual Lugers and they inadvertently used Nambu styling clues in it's design. Also, i believe that the trigger looks funny due to it might be an "active" trigger in other words, when you pull the trigger you move the toggle and work the action as well as fire the cartridge at the same time...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Luger P08 from Nakata / Tokyo   Luger P08 from Nakata / Tokyo Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Luger P08 from Nakata / Tokyo
Page 1 of 1