MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

WTB all metal Browning HP replica

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
dave1

Number of posts : 32
Location / Country : Italia
Registration date : 2018-01-23

WTB all metal Browning HP replica Empty
PostSubject: WTB all metal Browning HP replica   WTB all metal Browning HP replica Icon_minitimeThu Jan 25, 2018 2:33 pm

Hello,
I' d like to buy a metal/zinc replica of the Browning HP in very fine, or better, finish and working conditions, possibly with original box included.
I refer in particulare to the now vintage models produced by MCG(the one with the 1974 marking on the left side of the slide), NAKATA and other brands I don't know about, but I'd consider even more recent products if they do exist (no Denix, thanks!).
I say in advance that I'm not willing to pay an absurd astronomical price for it, even if it were in like new condition with box included. Let'say that I'd pay at best the equivalent for a factory new, highly detailed GBB pistol with engraved logos. I would rather buy from Europe, UE possibly, for obvious reasons. If the item was located in North America I'd prefer to buy through an official channel such as ebay, and have it shipped through their Global shipping program. Paypal required as means of payment.
Pictures are greatly appreciated, thanks.
Thanks to all that could help with my request, even with tips about where to find this replica.
Back to top Go down
claymore
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist

Number of posts : 1232
Location / Country : London
Registration date : 2008-09-07

PostSubject: Re: WTB all metal Browning HP replica   WTB all metal Browning HP replica Icon_minitimeThu Jan 25, 2018 7:14 pm

your going to very very lucky to get a metal model browning as they have not made them for a very long time and so pretty rare, because of that you wont get a cheap one. I am not saying it is impossible but unlikely, i have a Nakata browning that fires and i would not sell it for the cost of a good detailed GBB, its too rare, that said neither are they astronomical in cost when one does appear and of course it depends on how much you want one to what you are willing to pay.
keep an eye on the Japanese yahoo auction site i have seen them on occasion there.
Back to top Go down
dave1

PostSubject: Re: WTB all metal Browning HP replica   WTB all metal Browning HP replica Icon_minitimeThu Jan 25, 2018 11:15 pm

Hi Claymore thanks for your reply

[]your going to very very lucky to get a metal model browning as they have not made them for a very long time and so pretty rare, because of that you wont get a cheap one. I am not saying it is impossible but unlikely,]

I'm perfectly aware of that, mine is only one last desperate attempt to get a metal one. To think that, way back in '93, I got a MGC one, but since it was already in less than acceptable condition when I bought it at no price from the distributor warehouse, I got rid of it after a while (also because,among other things, it was missing the red plug in the outer barrel and i feared it could have been outlawed), hoping to find another one in better condition. It was a very foolish thing to do because it was a good holster filler anyway Sad

[that said neither are they astronomical in cost when one does appear and of course it depends on how much you want one to what you are willing to pay.]

Well, for a truly good working copy I think I would pay at the most € 200 including (tracked) shipping.

keep an eye on the Japanese yahoo auction site i have seen them on occasion there.[/quote]

I just looked at the site but how can I deal with it? it's all written in japanese! Shocked
I can barely tell the ABS/HW models from the metal ones only because they are mostly from marushin, but there are some airsoft models too in the middle. The metal models are shown only in blogs of private collections. there are some ads from amazon.jp but it seems they're out of stock, besides I don't think they can ship such stuff outside of japan.
At present I got only a Marushin abs inglish canada black finish(no metallized finish). it's quite good but you don't feel it cold and heavy at the touch, it gives you more the feeling of a toy.
It means that if I don't succeed in finding one I'll turn to to a GBB full metal version or I'll give up and buy a denix (!) pale
Back to top Go down
dave1

PostSubject: Re: WTB all metal Browning HP replica   WTB all metal Browning HP replica Icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2018 11:15 pm

claymore wrote:

keep an eye on the Japanese yahoo auction site i have seen them on occasion there.

I checked again on yahoo japan auction site: they got a partner site for overseas customer named buyee.jp, with lot of modelgun auctions, but there' s no way of buying from them. First it's only partially translated, there is not always a complete and exaustive description of item, nor they tell you the seller's accepted forms of payment(no paypal no way). and, above all, they warn you that item are labeled as "prohibited items" (means that they cannot ship them to your destination) or, worse, they block the auction for you in advance, because it matches  one of their prohibited item keywords.
No chance to buy from japan, expecially from private sellers. silent
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WTB all metal Browning HP replica   WTB all metal Browning HP replica Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

WTB all metal Browning HP replica
Page 1 of 1