MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New CAW Mac 11 info please

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
dvdripped

Number of posts : 70
Location / Country : United Kingdom
Registration date : 2018-02-01

New CAW Mac 11 info please Empty
PostSubject: New CAW Mac 11 info please   New CAW Mac 11 info please Icon_minitimeSun Apr 01, 2018 7:34 pm

Hi all

I'm hoping to get the new caw Mac 11 very soon, I've read on a previous post that they have pretty much kept the same design as the mgc version, I also read that the catridges have slight hikes in them or is it the detonator so you get more flash with every shot.

My questions are as follows, I appreciate any advice.

1. Is the lower receiver still metal or is it all plastic
2. Are parts very easy to get for them
3. What comes in a brand new caw Mac 11 box
4. What's the best catridge type to use and are they freely available

Thank you
Back to top Go down
ljerr2
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist

Number of posts : 571
Location / Country : Iowa, USA
Registration date : 2008-11-26

PostSubject: Re: New CAW Mac 11 info please   New CAW Mac 11 info please Icon_minitimeSun Apr 01, 2018 8:21 pm

My thoughts:

1. still HW plastic
2. Some parts will be available, but no guarantee for how long with CAW - and they will be expensive
3. Depends which one you get - but the basic model is the M11, 5 carts and loading tool, plus instructions. Includes short mag only. Limited model includes a limited edition suppressor not available separately.
4. CAW's cartridges are readily available. 5mm cp-blk-hw design. Claymore has had good things to say about the C-Tec carts. 7mm design.

Available separately: MGC-style suppressor, strap, long mags
Back to top Go down
dvdripped

PostSubject: Re: New CAW Mac 11 info please   New CAW Mac 11 info please Icon_minitimeSun Apr 01, 2018 8:27 pm

Thank you pal, much appreciated

I'm waiting to get one from someone, but not sure what it comes with (I do know it's brand new)

I meant to say, I bought a mgc one not long ago and it came with 10 slightly used catridges, I then bought 10 brand new catridges, but they seemed slightly thinner than the ones I got with it, I had to bend the magazine lip slightly so the new ones wouldn't pop out. They looked identical to each other bit were smaller.

Thanks again
Back to top Go down
claymore
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist

Number of posts : 1226
Location / Country : London
Registration date : 2008-09-07

PostSubject: Re: New CAW Mac 11 info please   New CAW Mac 11 info please Icon_minitimeSun Apr 01, 2018 10:26 pm

Nothing to add from what ljerr2 said, its all HW plastic, parts i am trying to get but no news o them yet or how much (hopefully it wont break and parts wont be needed). The silencer is cosmetic only makes no difference to sound level and although i got the CAW with silencer i seldom use it.
CAW M11 rounds still available but for how long i have no idea, CAW tends to stop production on everything real quick.
C tec rounds for M11 are what i am investing in as they take 7mm caps which are a damn site easier to use and the inner pistons are better on 7mm, at the moment C tec rounds still available but not cheap.

Where did you get your new MGC M11 rounds from as i hav not been able to get those for years and i would say if you had to adjust the mag as the rounds were smaller then they are no M1 rounds.
Back to top Go down
dvdripped

PostSubject: Re: New CAW Mac 11 info please   New CAW Mac 11 info please Icon_minitimeSun Apr 01, 2018 11:52 pm

Hi pal

Thanks for your reply

I don't think I've used the C Tec rounds, I got my catridges from (mg props) the ones I got with the mgc (newer) Mac 11 took the 5mm caps, Jay included 2 x 7mm cap rounds, I'll take a pic of it tomorrow, the box of 10 catridges I bought came in a small green cardboard box which says m11 I think, but had to bend the magazine lip slightly for them to stay in place.

I was reading about prop powder, and I'm sure one of the gentleman on here said "less is more" I was wondering what the best way to achieve a louder bang, would having something metal for the catridges to bounce of off, what do you think pal, would that work.

Does anyone know a good website where I could possible order spares frim, as I bought an old mgc m11 from a member on here, it's missing several parts to make it complete.

Any help is appreciated

Thanks again
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New CAW Mac 11 info please   New CAW Mac 11 info please Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New CAW Mac 11 info please
Page 1 of 1