MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Marushin Uzi Grip Safety Stopped working

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
folf

Number of posts : 23
Location / Country : USA
Registration date : 2013-03-14

Marushin Uzi Grip Safety Stopped working Empty
PostSubject: Marushin Uzi Grip Safety Stopped working   Marushin Uzi Grip Safety Stopped working Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2018 1:21 am

The grip safety on my Marushin Uzi suddenly stopped working. Anybody know what would cause this?
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

Number of posts : 2554
Location / Country : UK
Registration date : 2008-08-06

PostSubject: Re: Marushin Uzi Grip Safety Stopped working   Marushin Uzi Grip Safety Stopped working Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2018 10:24 am

Hi,

Interesting one? Does the safety push forward?

8ace
Back to top Go down
folf

PostSubject: Re: Marushin Uzi Grip Safety Stopped working   Marushin Uzi Grip Safety Stopped working Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2018 5:09 pm

8ace wrote:
Hi,

Interesting one? Does the safety push forward?

8ace

Yes, goes in all the way but if you don't touch it and pull trigger the bolt still releases unless you flick the selector switch to safety so that safety works but not the grip safety
Back to top Go down
folf

PostSubject: Re: Marushin Uzi Grip Safety Stopped working   Marushin Uzi Grip Safety Stopped working Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2018 11:58 pm

removed grip assembly to try and see what was wrong anf now the grip safety is stuck and won't move and I can't get the grip assembly back onto the receiver

ok managed to get grip back in and gun reassembled but the grip safety still doesn't seem to function, when back it does not seem to hold the bolt release in place at all, like I said before the selector switch safety works but not the grip safety, no idea why
Back to top Go down
claymore
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist

Number of posts : 1233
Location / Country : London
Registration date : 2008-09-07

PostSubject: Re: Marushin Uzi Grip Safety Stopped working   Marushin Uzi Grip Safety Stopped working Icon_minitimeSun Aug 26, 2018 4:12 pm

There is not really much to go wrong with the grip safety, so is it actually connected to the grip safety bar and does it have the grip safety spring, i cannot really see what else can go wrong.
Back to top Go down
folf

PostSubject: Re: Marushin Uzi Grip Safety Stopped working   Marushin Uzi Grip Safety Stopped working Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2018 7:28 pm

claymore wrote:
There is not really much to go wrong with the grip safety, so is it actually connected to the grip safety bar and does it have the grip safety spring, i cannot really see what else can go wrong.
yes and yes, I'm not sure what would cause it to suddenly stop functioning as a safety but the trigger can be pulled with virtually no resistence when the grip safety is not engaged and the bolt will release albeit slower
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Marushin Uzi Grip Safety Stopped working   Marushin Uzi Grip Safety Stopped working Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Marushin Uzi Grip Safety Stopped working
Page 1 of 1