chenkenichi
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast

Number of posts : 1
Location / Country : Tokyo, Japan
Registration date : 2009-05-01

PostSubject: How do you display your model guns?   Sat Aug 25, 2018 3:25 pm

Hello everyone,
After a multi-year model gun hiatus, I am now slowly beginning to require a nice little collection. Additionally, I have just purchased a home and am looking for some ideas of how to display my slowly growing collection.
Do you mount everything on the wall? If so, using what system?Do you use a display case? Do you separate your collection by country of origin? Handgun/long gun/smg/etc.? Time period?
Pictures more than welcome!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ljerr2
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master

Number of posts : 398
Location / Country : Iowa, USA
Registration date : 2008-11-26

PostSubject: Re: How do you display your model guns?   Sat Aug 25, 2018 4:29 pm

Hi chenkenichi and welcome to the forum!

My models are all in there respective boxes.................but I have also thought about how to display them and would be curious if others are displaying them.

I hope we'll see some nice ideas!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
claymore
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist

Number of posts : 810
Location / Country : London
Registration date : 2008-09-07

PostSubject: Re: How do you display your model guns?   Sun Aug 26, 2018 4:05 pm

Unfortunately i dont have the room to display so all of them are in their boxes, however within the next year or 2 i should have the room to display them and i think i will do as another member of this forum did and that is get cabinets with sliding doors, have paneling at the back (as they do in shops) so metal hangars can be attached anywhere and then hang the models on them. The models in the cabinets can then either be displayed or the sliding doors closed when required.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chris Rush

Number of posts : 71
Location / Country : 19352 Pennsylvania United States
Registration date : 2015-03-07

PostSubject: Hi Chenkenichi,   Fri Aug 31, 2018 6:25 am

I understand your dilemma! Over time I've acquired a number of model guns. Wanting to show case these hard to find items, I had to find a reason to pry them from their respective boxes. So to celebrate the conclusion of global hostilities in 1945, I thought that perhaps a 70th anniversary commemorative display would be in order.

It all started with the acquisition of a fiberglass full figure 6'2" male mannequin. During a somewhat lengthly procurement process four additional mannequins would be delivered.

Still unsure if this was just the latent quartermaster in me finally deciding to "come out of the closet" or perhaps a more sinister need to drive my wife insane while spending several thousands of dollars in the process, as of this writing there is just one mannequin that has been unboxed. To this day it remains out of uniform!

Please be advised, all of this foolishness started because I wanted to contribute something a bit out of the ordinary to the MP40 model gun website. Informed of my well intentioned idea, a fellow forum member has been patiently waiting to see some pictures of my pending commemorative display. A project that began about three years ago.

On a brighter note, with eight large storage bins now overflowing with enough gear to equip a small army,
I suspect my model gun display should finally start shaping up sometime in the next year or so. Pictures will follow.

If you're married, live in a small place, and have a couple of dogs that absolutely hate a fiberglass man that continues to refuse to take them walking in the park, it might be wise to steer clear of model gun display ideas that might be deemed too creative.

Save your sanity and your money! Think about a low key cost effective approach in displaying your model gun collection. Your FedX, UPS, and USPS carriers will thank you. Send us some pictures. Thanks and welcome to the forum.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
claymore
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist

Number of posts : 810
Location / Country : London
Registration date : 2008-09-07

PostSubject: Re: How do you display your model guns?   Fri Aug 31, 2018 12:14 pm

lol!

I completely understand, i have loads of good plans yet to come to fruition.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How do you display your model guns?   

Back to top Go down

How do you display your model guns?
Page 1 of 1