MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

MGC68 MP40 barrel nut.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Chris Rush

Number of posts : 72
Location / Country : 19352 Pennsylvania United States
Registration date : 2015-03-07

MGC68 MP40 barrel nut. Empty
PostSubject: MGC68 MP40 barrel nut.   MGC68 MP40 barrel nut. Icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2018 1:29 am

Hello,

I've recently picked up a great looking MGC68 MP40 but; it comes with some limitations. The description of the model gun clearly indicated that it was a non firing item. Sadly, it really is!

Presently, a barrel block and barrel nut with a roll pin (with no rear window) serves to prevent an easy fix.

If I end up destroying the existing barrel nut, will a Marushin (early version) barrel nut properly snug up the
MGC68 barrel to its receiver?

Does anyone know if the MGC68 barrel (with the front sealed) will pull away once the barrel nut is removed?

This particular model gun has an over sized recoil spring and does not have a serial number. The trunnion is
blocked.

Help!

Back to top Go down
Planejack737

Number of posts : 32
Location / Country : Chicagoland USA
Registration date : 2021-11-25

PostSubject: Marushin Barrel Nut vs. MGC Barrel Nut   MGC68 MP40 barrel nut. Icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2021 1:45 pm

Chris,
I’m new to this Forum, and have posted a couple of questions myself, one regarding the use of a Marushin Barrel Nut on an MGC MP40. Unfortunately this Forum may very well be dead, in that no one responds, not even a Moderator. Too bad. I will try to send you a PM, to see if you ever received any assistance from this group.

Jack
Back to top Go down
claymore
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist

Number of posts : 1232
Location / Country : London
Registration date : 2008-09-07

PostSubject: Re: MGC68 MP40 barrel nut.   MGC68 MP40 barrel nut. Icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2021 8:33 pm

planejack737, Well the forum is not dead but if no one has tried this then they cannot really advise. There are many reasons this forum goes silent for a while, the cap situation for one and unfortunatly although there a good number of members on this site there has only ever been a small amount who have contributed.

If we can help we will but i have never tried the barrel nut so i dont know, but i will see if i can find out.

Browning and oozlum like this post

Back to top Go down
Planejack737

Number of posts : 32
Location / Country : Chicagoland USA
Registration date : 2021-11-25

PostSubject: Marushin MP40 Barrel Nut   MGC68 MP40 barrel nut. Icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2021 4:01 am

Chris,
OK, I have tried to thread the more accurate Marushin MP40 Barrel but onto the MGC 68 MP40 Trunion…and unfortunately it will not work. It’s too bad no one has tried this over the known deficiency of the MGC variant, and the many years that the Marushin (1984-85 I think it came out) has been around.

Regards,
Jack
Back to top Go down
kickback
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
kickback

Number of posts : 330
Location / Country : UK.Cambridgeshire
Registration date : 2008-08-11

PostSubject: Re: MGC68 MP40 barrel nut.   MGC68 MP40 barrel nut. Icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2021 9:27 am

Hi Guys,
So, the Marushin barrel nut will not fit the mgc Mp40.
The thread is a different size, and even after re threading on my lathe I found that the barrel collars ( half moons) will not meet the front of the nut to hold the barrel securely in place!.
My option was to put the original barrel nut in the lathe and reshape it, it worked a treat 👍

Hope this helped in some way or another

Kickback

Browning likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MGC68 MP40 barrel nut.   MGC68 MP40 barrel nut. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

MGC68 MP40 barrel nut.
Page 1 of 1