MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Marushin M16 bolt (extractor, ejector) modifications

Go down 
+2
8ace
MadMike
6 posters
AuthorMessage
MadMike
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
MadMike

Number of posts : 647
Location / Country : Germany (Stuttgart)
Registration date : 2008-08-06

Marushin M16 bolt (extractor, ejector) modifications Empty
PostSubject: Marushin M16 bolt (extractor, ejector) modifications   Marushin M16 bolt (extractor, ejector) modifications Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2019 10:12 am

I am having problems with my Marushin bolt. So I was looking for more information on the internet and found this review. As it is in Japanese I do not really understand what he did, but the detailed pictures of the bolt modifications are really interesting:

https://blogs.yahoo.co.jp/s52zincmodel/15305263.html

Maybe this was done to be able to cycle dummy rounds …?
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

Number of posts : 2554
Location / Country : UK

PostSubject: Re: Marushin M16 bolt (extractor, ejector) modifications   Marushin M16 bolt (extractor, ejector) modifications Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2019 6:33 am

Another interesting modification.

It looks as the mods are for making the bolt more like a real one. Fixed extractor and sprung ejector (with a steel feed lip).

It should cycle similar to the HobbyFix M4s

8ace
Back to top Go down
Brough2
Brough2

Number of posts : 89
Registration date : 2017-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Marushin M16 bolt (extractor, ejector) modifications   Marushin M16 bolt (extractor, ejector) modifications Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2019 3:32 pm

I'm liking the look of those modifications, but as these parts are near impossible to get nowadays I would hate to try it and ruin things  affraid
Back to top Go down
kickback
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
kickback

Number of posts : 337
Location / Country : UK.Cambridgeshire
Registration date : 2008-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Marushin M16 bolt (extractor, ejector) modifications   Marushin M16 bolt (extractor, ejector) modifications Icon_minitimeThu Mar 21, 2019 7:22 pm

Very similar to the conversion I have done 👍
I made a bolt with the real deal type ejector and centre firing pin
Marushin M16 bolt (extractor, ejector) modifications Dfae5b10
Marushin M16 bolt (extractor, ejector) modifications E60be810
Marushin M16 bolt (extractor, ejector) modifications 117ed810

With the removal of the ejector the cartridges don’t get the rims bashed to bits which is the biggest
Improvement in my opinion.
These carts have been fired several times and other than a little “bolt rash” look to be undamagedMarushin M16 bolt (extractor, ejector) modifications 7996a810

Other than a duff cap, all seems to work well 😀, very reliable in semi and full auto

Kickback
Back to top Go down
Brough2
Brough2

Number of posts : 89
Registration date : 2017-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Marushin M16 bolt (extractor, ejector) modifications   Marushin M16 bolt (extractor, ejector) modifications Icon_minitimeThu Mar 21, 2019 7:41 pm

Kickback,
Did you make the bolt from Aluminium?
I have an original AR extractor and ejector, springs and pins that I was planning on using in a custom made bolt made from Aluminium but I never got round to turning one.
Back to top Go down
kickback
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
kickback

PostSubject: Re: Marushin M16 bolt (extractor, ejector) modifications   Marushin M16 bolt (extractor, ejector) modifications Icon_minitimeThu Mar 21, 2019 8:15 pm

Hi
Yes it’s in aluminium, tried it as a prototype to see how it would work, but after some 100 or so rounds It’s showing no signs of wear 👍
Big plus is it keeps the overall weight down and improves the ROF.😛

Kickback
Back to top Go down
ljerr2
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist

Number of posts : 571
Location / Country : Iowa, USA
Registration date : 2008-11-26

PostSubject: Re: Marushin M16 bolt (extractor, ejector) modifications   Marushin M16 bolt (extractor, ejector) modifications Icon_minitimeFri Mar 22, 2019 1:45 am

Very nice indeed! Excellent work!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
MadMike
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
MadMike

PostSubject: Re: Marushin M16 bolt (extractor, ejector) modifications   Marushin M16 bolt (extractor, ejector) modifications Icon_minitimeWed Feb 19, 2020 4:00 pm

This looks very interesting and impressing.

Can you show a picture of the other side please, where the hammer is hitting the firing pin?

Are you using Tanio Koba .223 carts?

The damage the firing bar causes to the carts is a real problem on the Marushin M16 series.
Back to top Go down
hkfan

Number of posts : 94
Location / Country : Germany
Registration date : 2014-02-20

PostSubject: Re: Marushin M16 bolt (extractor, ejector) modifications   Marushin M16 bolt (extractor, ejector) modifications Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2020 8:26 am

Hi,

since the page Mike referred to seems to be broken or deleted (my japanese is non existent), could you show some details of the bolt you fabricated, Kickback?

What I remember from the original page is that the lower rim of the bolt-head was made from the broken off tab of the bolt catch, screwed to the bolt head and filed into form. And the ‘chamber’ was fitted with a ring as a stop for the cartridges, so they will not slide too deep into the chamber when the extractor pushes on the cartridge as it tries to slip over the rim. And he had the extractor remade somewhat (I don’t remember if he made it from scratch, modified the existing extractor or used a real steel one - my guess is modding the original one, AFAIR), so it will pivot like a real steel one and not only slide like the original marushin one.

If possible, could we get a more detailed explanation of what you did or even a drawing?Pretty-please?!? (There are several Marushins and G36s waiting in a pile somewhere to become modded an transferred into modelguns...).

That said: great job! As always cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
kickback
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
kickback

PostSubject: Re: Marushin M16 bolt (extractor, ejector) modifications   Marushin M16 bolt (extractor, ejector) modifications Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2020 10:12 am

Hi Guys,

The models with these conversions in where made for a film company so I no longer have them ones to take pictures from, but I have an order for another batch....because they worked so well 👍, so I’ll take pictures as I go on the next bolt, so you can see what I done.

Sorry I can’t sent any pics now ☹

Kickback
Back to top Go down
MadMike
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
MadMike

PostSubject: Re: Marushin M16 bolt (extractor, ejector) modifications   Marushin M16 bolt (extractor, ejector) modifications Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2020 4:33 pm

I would like to come back to this topic and kindly ask for an update.

Greetings from Germany, stay safe!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Marushin M16 bolt (extractor, ejector) modifications   Marushin M16 bolt (extractor, ejector) modifications Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Marushin M16 bolt (extractor, ejector) modifications
Page 1 of 1