MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

MP38 Modelgun informations

Go down 
+2
Sommarkatze
Heeresbergführer
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Heeresbergführer
Heeresbergführer

Number of posts : 17
Location / Country : Italy
Registration date : 2019-02-18

MP38 Modelgun informations Empty
PostSubject: MP38 Modelgun informations   MP38 Modelgun informations Icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2019 5:24 pm

Hi everyone,
I'm looking for a good quality MP38 replica.
I would like to know if someone on this forum knows a manufacturer of this type of modelgun (or even a custom replacement upper receiver for a MGC68 MP40, which I already own), eventually even a blank firing version...
Back to top Go down
Sommarkatze
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
Sommarkatze

Number of posts : 168
Location / Country : Sweden.
Registration date : 2011-10-01

PostSubject: Re: MP38 Modelgun informations   MP38 Modelgun informations Icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2019 9:13 pm

I know the Japanese model gun company Shoei made a conversation kit to change your airsoft MP40 to an Mp38. This what maybe 3-4 years ago though and Shoei only makes limited numbers of their stuff..

So its probably not around anymore. Maybe can buy a used one somewhere?

Good luck with your hunt Smile
Back to top Go down
capuetz

Number of posts : 49
Location / Country : Tehachapi, CA, USA
Registration date : 2016-09-10

PostSubject: MP38 Modelgun informations   MP38 Modelgun informations Icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2019 9:36 pm

I purchased a Shoei MP38 conversion a year or so on a Japanese Auction sight. It works with the AEG Airsoft MP40 from china but may also work with other airsoft MP40's with a little work. Very high quality however it only converts the receiver and blot to the MP38 configuration. The grip that the folding stock is attached to is not made to look like the MP38 as is the rear receiver which retains the MP40 look not the MP38. All in all it's close but not a perfect conversion.
Back to top Go down
Heeresbergführer
Heeresbergführer

PostSubject: Re: MP38 Modelgun informations   MP38 Modelgun informations Icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2019 7:07 am

Thank you all for the answers
I know the Shoei kit, it's the one in this picture:

MP38 Modelgun informations MP38%20kit%20set%202

It looks very good, but it was designed specifically to fit the the AGM MP40 airsoft replica (no full travel bolt, cylinder cut, different receiver joint system), so it can not be installed on modelgun with realistic field strip (like the MGC68 I have) ...
Instead, I was looking for a replica of the MP38 that would simulate the operation and the disassembly of the original one (it does not matter if it is inert, blank firing or PFC).
Back to top Go down
claymore
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist

Number of posts : 1234
Location / Country : London
Registration date : 2008-09-07

PostSubject: Re: MP38 Modelgun informations   MP38 Modelgun informations Icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2019 11:23 am

There is this one but its incredibly expensive, i dont remember ever seeing any other replicas of this model not even by denix. A blank firing one was made for a while but i dont think they are still being produced, you may find one for sale on WW2 forums.

http://www.zib-militaria.de/epages/61431412.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/61431412/Products/20214
Back to top Go down
Heeresbergführer
Heeresbergführer

PostSubject: Re: MP38 Modelgun informations   MP38 Modelgun informations Icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2019 12:36 pm

Yes, I've also seen the one Zib sells some times ago... Almost perfect, since it's basically a deactivated version of the contemporary production BD38. Field strippable, steel made and with all proper serial numbers and waffenamt codes... However, has You said, the price is almost "frightening".
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11075
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

PostSubject: Re: MP38 Modelgun informations   MP38 Modelgun informations Icon_minitimeWed Mar 06, 2019 3:42 pm

Hi Heersesbergfuhrer,

You may have responded to the video posted both here and youtube of my custom built MP38 conversion. I replied via youtube today in case you've not been notified yet. The conversion fits a heavily modified Marushin MP40 lower receiver so I can have both CP cartridge and 9mm blank firing options. My '38 is a one-off home build.
Sadly, Zib militaria's Blank firer is horrendously expensive. Also, the UK based dealer that sold MP38 blank firers is no longer trading.

The best option you may have open to you is through Reenactor sites' private sales.

I hope you find one, good luck in your search. 

Hobby collector of Replica model guns and Militaria.
also member of Living History Reenactment Groups.
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
Heeresbergführer
Heeresbergführer

PostSubject: Re: MP38 Modelgun informations   MP38 Modelgun informations Icon_minitimeWed Mar 06, 2019 5:13 pm

Thanks your very much for Your answer,
Yes, I also asked informations on a YouTube video one or two days ago, thanks for the reply.
The Zib MP38 besides being very expensive, it's not even blank or PFC firing, so I will follow your advice and I'll look for one for sale around reenactment forums...
Back to top Go down
pitfighter
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master
pitfighter

Number of posts : 616
Location / Country : Hollywood, California

PostSubject: Re: MP38 Modelgun informations   MP38 Modelgun informations Icon_minitimeSun Apr 07, 2019 11:02 pm

The one I had is actually now for sale, the guy who bought it from me, is selling it.

When I owned it it was Very reliable - but it only fires the red-tip PPU blanks, so only a small muzzle flash, and I own an MP40 with a BFA that is adjustable - currently tuned for ISS full-flash which is totally unrealistic, but great for film-work - so, I had no need for the MP38.

https://forums.gunboards.com/showthread.php?1084661-MP38-BFONG-and-Accessories&highlight=mp38
Back to top Go down
Heeresbergführer
Heeresbergführer

PostSubject: Re: MP38 Modelgun informations   MP38 Modelgun informations Icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2019 7:48 am

Thank You very much for the information, it's a very nice blank firing replica, but it's out of my budget (without considering that I would have surely customs problems trying to importing it to Europe).
Back to top Go down
pitfighter
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master
pitfighter

Number of posts : 616
Location / Country : Hollywood, California

PostSubject: Re: MP38 Modelgun informations   MP38 Modelgun informations Icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2019 8:01 am

Heeresbergführer wrote:
Thank You very much for the information, it's a very nice blank firing replica, but it's out of my budget (without considering that I would have surely customs problems trying to importing it to Europe).

In all honestly it is not a great replica - the tube is way too wide, probably as a way to prevent real parts being used. The non-adjustable BFA is irritating - the mags are Belgian Vig mags, which are cheap, but no use in any other firearm, except this and the Begian Vigneron.

It is also very heavy, and I believe it uses a lot of pot metal - or at least some type of cast cheap metal, again a factor in making it legal, but, when I owned it the shoulder stock was broken. These guns do get dropped accidentally (I hate it when they do), and this one likely wouldn't survive a drop.

All in all, ignoring the fact you couldn't get this from the US to Italy - it probably isn't worth the money.

There is a company Indianapolis ordnance who make a drop in Blank fire receiver for an MP40 spare parts kit - it really is the best way to go - I own several, and have abused them horribly - again not on purpose that is just a factor with my work. Maybe that is something you could export 9THOUGH IT IS MP40 NOT MP38).

https://www.indianapolisordnance.com/replicas.html
Back to top Go down
Heeresbergführer
Heeresbergführer

PostSubject: Re: MP38 Modelgun informations   MP38 Modelgun informations Icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2019 8:54 am

I've never handled one of those; just looking at the pictures the replica seemed good to the me (I couldn't know they were made of pot metal and with some incorrect measurements).
Unfortunately is almost impossible import from outside EU almost everything which looks like a weapon (even airsoft guns).
Some days ago I discovered that a czech gunsmith used to produce steel made 1:1 blank firing MP38, but unfortunately it doesn't build those anymore. And for the quality the price was also very reasonable... 1500 € about.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MP38 Modelgun informations   MP38 Modelgun informations Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

MP38 Modelgun informations
Page 1 of 1